The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down

+18
Mind the windows Tino.
king_carlos
Pal Joey
Lowlandbrit
James100
JuliusHMarx
VTR
TRUSSMAN66
JDizzle
kingraf
guildfordbat
Afro
msp83
Soul Requiem
Duty281
Good Golly I'm Olly
alfie
dummy_half
22 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down - Page 17 Empty England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down

Post by dummy_half Thu 23 Jun 2022, 10:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Must be assuming Southee can't be as ineffective again.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down - Page 17 Empty Re: England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down

Post by KP_fan Thu 07 Jul 2022, 9:33 pm

I am not much of a T20 watcher...but had time this long evening
Was surprised to to see amount of swing on offer..and pace off the pitch
Was thankful to see solid Rohit on field and in control as captain

What we learnt from the last T20 world cup debacle...you don't pick stars and career stats for T20Is...but rather form....& short term form that we luckily are able to judge from the IPLs placed strategically not too far from world cups and the next one is seemingly a few months after the last one England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down - Page 17 1f617

The way Eng intend to play their test cricket.....its a matter of time before they bring Moeen as their spinner and Butler as their WK...to keep going at totals in chases.....for not all the time top 6 will finish it.

On a side note...who I thought thru the test match was the voice of Jonty Rhodes in the commentary turned out to be KP....for the lack of another word....a very "delicate" accent.
Morgan sounded a bit of feigned excitement...somehow a bad style emerging from IPL
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down - Page 17 Empty Re: England's Summer of Cricket 2022 as Joe Root Steps Down

Post by king_carlos Thu 07 Jul 2022, 10:35 pm

Bhuvi bowling well and Hardik bowling at all, let alone well, are two massive pluses for India.

Mills hasn't quite looked himself for a wee bit now. It might just be that the injuries have caught up with him. His style of bowling is very reliant on the revs he gets on the slower balls creating dip and then the pace of his quicker balls creating such a big speed differential. Those are two things that the injuries would logically affect.

Bowling slower balls with high revolutions on them whilst your arm is coming over at the nearly same speed you release a 90mph rocket is an incredible skill but also puts so much strain on the back and shoulder.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 08 Jul 2022, 3:55 am

One t20 doesn't ever mean much. But it hasn't addressed my concerns about England's bowling in this format (unless some injured players manage a recovery !)

Noting KP_fan's comments re commentary Wink

But I think he is wrong about the Test team : Moeen just might be called back for , say , a tour of Pakistan (though I don't think I would favour the move) but I really doubt England are silly enough to go back to Buttler as keeper. They have all the hitting power they need so the more "normal" batting of Foakes is a perfect fit : quite apart from the relative abilities with the gloves.

For all the propaganda , I think Stokes and McCullum are quite smart enough to know when to go full-on attack and when they will need to dial it back a little. They aren't always going to score at five an over : positive needn't mean crazy...

alfie

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Fri 08 Jul 2022, 8:52 am

On Foakes, I think they see him as an attacking option in a different way ie they want the guy most likely to hold any chances created by the bowlers. If he starts averaging around 20 then Buttler would probably come in, but we're not anywhere near that yet

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Jul 2022, 9:18 am

king_carlos wrote:Bhuvi bowling well and Hardik bowling at all, let alone well, are two massive pluses for India.

Mills hasn't quite looked himself for a wee bit now. It might just be that the injuries have caught up with him. His style of bowling is very reliant on the revs he gets on the slower balls creating dip and then the pace of his quicker balls creating such a big speed differential. Those are two things that the injuries would logically affect.

Bowling slower balls with high revolutions on them whilst your arm is coming over at the nearly same speed you release a 90mph rocket is an incredible skill but also puts so much strain on the back and shoulder.

Hmm do agree on Mills unfortunately KC - was in top form heading into the World Cup last year, and did fine in that, but hasn't seemed to bounceback from that injury he sustained to the levels he was then. Poor franchise winter, and has been decidedly meh in the blast this year.
And England clearly still do not trust him to bowl in the powerplay either, which if he's performing poorly leaves him more at risk.

I really do think they should, if they can, give Olly Stone a game or two in one of those T20i series they have before the World Cup. He would be perfect for that two overs in the powerplay, could bowl one in the middle overs if needing a wicket too, and has gone well in the Blast.
If Archer isn't going to be fit in time (he is going to start bowling in September by reports if Jofra, so there is a chance!), then I think Stone is the best replacement for him bowling wise.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 08 Jul 2022, 10:33 am

I too would like to see Stone get a chance at that PP role, Olly.

If Wood can get fit he could be absolutely vital in Australia. Some of his T20i performances were stunning in the year leading up to the last World T20. If he's fit to be bowling quicker than anyone else in the world then we've got to pick him I think.

Worth remembering how good Woakes has been in the PP for England in white ball cricket too.

Gleeson is an interesting name to see! I was championing him a few years back due to his strong Lancs and Renegades performances but had honestly largely forgotten about him. I do love a late bloomer.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 2:36 pm

So Gleeson gets his chance - at a rather later age than most fast bowlers ! Willey in too ; while India have their big guns back aboard in Kohli Pant Jadeja and Bumrah. Bit rough on Arshdeep but hard to keep the Test Captain out...

England missing a chance immediately as Roy drops a low catch first over . Unlucky for Willey.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 2:56 pm

Good start for Gleeson ! Gets Rohit - and boy did England need that after 43 from the first four overs...

Looks all right , this Gleeson chap thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 3:04 pm

61/1 from the first six. Not convinced it was a great idea to have Moeen bowl two overs to Pant in the power play...

But here's Gleeson again and he's done for Kohli with the aid of a great catch by Malan !

Dream start for Gleeson...and it gets better as now he has Pant as well ! 3/6 from eight balls...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 3:07 pm

No hat trick : but he's turned this game on its head. 61/3 and Yadav and Pandya both yet to score.

Double wicket maidens don't come around too often in t20 😀

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 3:28 pm

And now it's Jordan on a hat trick...Yadav skies one to Curran ; then Pandya cuts straight to Malan at point.

89/5. From eleven overs. Talk about quick change of fortune...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 3:51 pm

Bit of a revival from Jadeja and Karthik...but the latter can't beat Brook's return from the deep and its 122/6 in the 16th.

Going to need some tail wagging to set any sort of a target...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 4:03 pm

The very impressive Gleeson finishes with 3/15 from his four. Would have been one less but for an overthrow !

India at 152/7 from 18 . Jordan and someone to bowl out...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 4:07 pm

Jordan has four...for just 27 as Bhuvi finds mid off . 159/8 . Sam to finish...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 4:14 pm

Bit of a recovery due to Jadeja ... Taking Sam C for a few at the end. India make it to 170 , Jadeja 46no.

Some messy fielding and the spinners getting hit around (six overs 0/68 between the three of them) or I think they would have been kept under 160.

Gleeson a terrific debut clap

England really ought to eat this.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 4:25 pm

I may want to revise that last remark 😁.

Roy's rotten day continues as he gifts a catch first ball. Straight to slip.

Not the start England wanted !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 4:41 pm

Ouch ! Now Buttler gone , given caught behind on review . He looks a bit bemused but the spike on the ultra edge has done for him. Just four , to follow his duck the other night : not quite the start to his captaincy he'd have wanted.

Livingstone up next . I'm afraid my confidence in a successful chase is evaporating swiftly...though Livingstone starts with two boundaries.

19/2 off three. Bhuvi with a great start , bagging both openers.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 4:56 pm

Think this one is gone already... Livingstone swings away from the start ; dropped on eight , bowled for 15.

27/3 off five . If Brook wants to make a name for himself , now would be a good time...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 09 Jul 2022, 5:00 pm

Ah now Brook has gone too... Skies one to mid on. 41/4.

Think I will get some sleep and watch India finish the job on replay tomorrow.

BBC hys will be full of "no Morgan no England " 😏

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sat 09 Jul 2022, 6:18 pm

Very hard to care much about this series defeat. World Cup will still be a lottery and down to form at the time

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 09 Jul 2022, 7:43 pm

I watched in parts the game on the move on my phone
What surprised me was the general tone of consensus of commentators that Ind was significantly short batting first
Because I was watching irregularly, I wondered if we had done 140,
Double checked to find it was indeed 170...and the pitch continued to be a handful for 170

I wish the calm. astute captaincy of Rohit was around in tests also

Ind gotta put Kohli aside for good....there is just too much in form T20 batting around

I hope Bairstow and Stokes are only rested and surely would play thr world cup.

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 4:21 am

VTR wrote:Very hard to care much about this series defeat. World Cup will still be a lottery and down to form at the time

You could probably say that about all t20 - at least up to a point.

I certainly do not care about the result of any random t20. But these two games have perhaps pointed up a couple of issues England may need to look at before the WC.

While the idea of having their most destructive batsman in Buttler opening the innings obviously gives him more potential time to score big , it also brings the risk that he will be gone very early - as in these two games. They certainly missed him later. Two edged sword , I guess. They will stick with that plan anyway ; and the ball probably won't swing around as much in Australia so on balance doesn't seem such a bad idea. When Roy (who is also very dangerous once he gets going but probably has the world record for getting out first ball of a match !) also fails it does leave a bit of a situation so that is why you have Malan at three...

Which brings me to the major issue : Livingstone at four. Small sample , two games ; but it's a "no" from me. Both times he walked in and immediately tried to go full on bash-ball...with the expected consequences. Really don't want to see him that high in the order as I reckon he'd be wasted nine times out of ten. Promote him if the openers put on a hundred ; otherwise leave him at six.

Batting order will depend on who ends up playing anyway. Think these teams look a bit bowler heavy and didn't seem to help much in either department so can wait to see how that all works out. Experiments are always useful either in showing what works or what doesn't.

And the big gain from the bowling - apart from Jordan looking better than he has for a while - was the arrival of Gleeson. Probably shouldn't get too excited over one game but he really did look the goods; not just the figures but the way he bowled. Would like to see him in the fifty over stuff to see how that works...with all the injured absences I suspect we will thumbsup

alfie

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 2:22 pm

Not much interest on here for the t20 , I guess ?

Ah well...India relaxing a bit , leaving out Bhuvi Bumrah Pandya and Chahal so they either think England are easy meat or value experimentation more in a dead rubber...

Salt and Topley for Curran and Parkinson has England looking a bit better balanced. More of a surprise in that Jos won the toss and chose to bat !!! About the first time for England t20 this century , it seems Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 2:36 pm

Better start for Roy today - he's survived the first over and got off the mark with a two Smile

Now we will see the new express bowler Malik in action...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 2:50 pm

Buttler seemed to enjoy the pace of Malik...hitting him for two fours and a six. But he's played on to Avesh - gone for 18 and England 31/1 in the fourth...

Roy still looks a bit shaky.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 3:03 pm

Roy moving up the gears now...couple of big hits settled his nerves. 52 off the power play for the one wicket.

They'll want a big total on this I think ...looks made for batting.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 3:11 pm

Sorry Jason...I hexed you. Edged and gone for 27. Wicket for Malik and its 61/2

Nice straight driven four from Salt to his first ball. He has his chance to advance his claims here...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 3:36 pm

Salt didn't last long. Malan holding the innings together - and landing some hefty blows, as he goes to 61 from just 32 with an off driven six off Malik. The speedster has taken some tap...1/40 from three.

Thirteen gone ; 125/3. Time for Livingstone to tee off ? Yes...launches Avesh into the crowd...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 10 Jul 2022, 3:56 pm

alfie wrote:Not much interest on here for the t20 , I guess ?

Ah well...India relaxing a bit , leaving out Bhuvi Bumrah Pandya and Chahal so they either think England are easy meat or value experimentation more in a dead rubber...

Salt and Topley for Curran and Parkinson has England looking a bit better balanced. More of a surprise in that Jos won the toss and chose to bat !!! About the first time for England t20 this century , it seems Smile

It’s 25 degrees in the UK this weekend Alfie - we have to make the most of it whilst we can!

As always at Trent Bridge, never know what is par. Could easily need 230!

Some of England’s batting orders have been a mess too. Salt coming in at 4 in the 8th over when he is good be pace but weaker vs spin? Brook as the finisher? Roy’s struggles out a lot of pressure on Buttler to go from ball 1, when he prefers to see 10 first.

Unless Archer is fit I don’t see England having an attack that won’t be consistently chasing 200 in Aus.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 3:56 pm

Harshal Patel gifted Livingstone with two leg side full tosses which were gratefully sweptinto the crowd.

Malan gone now though for an excellent 77. 168/4 and three and a half overs left. Be eyeing over 200... Moeen won't be helping as he's gone for a duck...at least he wasted no balls , falling to his first with a mistimed up and under...

169/5 after 17

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 4:02 pm

Hi JD...enjoy the weather while it lasts...though is 25 really hot ?

Can't see 230 .thoigh Livingstone and Brook are really going for it. Twenty off this over and still a ball to come ! Avesh suffering...

190/5 off 18

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 10 Jul 2022, 4:07 pm

It is in Wales! Maybe not in the New South version though…

Brook gone for a nice cameo. Need some big hitting from LL to try and get near 220.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 4:13 pm

Livingstone a handy 42no...and Jordan tops it off with 4-6-1

215. Not bad. Really ought to be enough if they field well.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 10 Jul 2022, 4:16 pm

Good to see Jordan run out off the last ball - it should always be a boundary or a run out. CC Mitchell Santner.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 10 Jul 2022, 4:42 pm

Pant and Kohli both gone already...Roy has his catching hands on today Smile

Willey and Topley one each...over to Gleeson now. 14/2 off three is the start India didn't want...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sun 10 Jul 2022, 5:53 pm

People actually calling Yadav "Sky" is almost as vomit inducing as CR7

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 10 Jul 2022, 9:30 pm

This was a good game of cricket today.....competitive like the T20Is should be.
While the series scoreline will be forgotten the games have 2 relevance
1. they are seriously competitive and hence hold spectator interest
2. they help you finalize compositions for T20 and for that matter 50 over world cups also

India's learning:

-Don't waste  time on Kohli...he is a spent force, a diminished star
It's a crime to Keep any one Hooda, SKY, Iyer, Ishan kishen, Rahul out and Gil, Gaekwad, Samson the second in lines....all the above in prime form of their lives
Pity even with Kohli out, not all of them will fit in
Even Rohit is barely holding on to his place..and should hang his boots after the T20 world cup in this format
Rahul will have to prove his form somehow when he returns

--DK came as a finisher and could not flourish twice when he had clear opportunities
Dunno if he gets another game?
maybe a couple more

-Bishnoi is better than Chahal...less hittable...for the sheer speed at whihc he gets the ball to zip off the surface

-Jadeja's peak in tests came at the cost of diminishing his restrictive guile in limited overs

-Umran malik showed there is still a gulf between IPL & internationals
he came with reputation of being 155kph bowler that's 96mph+

either your bowl 4 balls in an over that are 96mph+...then you can afford to be a bit wayward....because then you are seriously faster than human comfort zone
OR
if you are gonna bowl at 88-91mph....then you have to be length or full and straight into stumps...if they miss, you hit

you can't bowl half-trackers and wide balls...that's meat & drink even at 88-91mph....else he will end up like Varun Aaron

of all the selections Malik  is the ONE who cost India the game today.
The turbaned kid Arshdeep is better value for a seam bowler's slot.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 11 Jul 2022, 7:27 am

England got the job done in the end ...India got a lot closer than I'd expected thanks to that whirlwind hitting effort from S Yadav ; Good work from Topley and Jordan especially to make sure the 215 was enough.

Still the spinner's overs are a worry. Rashid so important there ; not sure I'd want to see either Livingstone or Moeen bowling much in Australia.

Malan gets a lot of lukewarm praise but his innings in this one (albeit with a bit of luck at the start) really stood out - and basically won the game for England.

Agree with KP_fan that Arshdeep looks a much better bet for India than Malik. Will leave it to Indian management when to pension off Kohli...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Mon 11 Jul 2022, 7:51 am

Don't tell me the IPL featured a player who was completely overhyped. Think the loss of speed is down to not using the IPLs +5mph speed guns

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 11 Jul 2022, 9:28 am

Haven't caught much, if anything bar highlights of the T20s but I think two things I want to see from a team structure standpoint for the World Cup...

1) Go with the batting heavy approach no matter what - England's bowlers sans injured folk, and maybe even with them, is not good enough to consistently restrict sides to 150/160 on flat decks, so in my opinion just pile the side high with batting and chase whatever you get set, or look to set 200+ each time. The impact of the extra bowler isn't worth losing the batting depth, because the extra bowler simply isn't good enough to make that sort of difference for us.
This also allows for a bit of mitigation for the likes of Livingstone/Moeen/Roy who are going to be inconsistent by their style in T20.

2) Buttler, if he is going to captain, needs to hand the gloves to Bairstow (in the first choice XI). I think he simply has too much going on, trying to captain/keep and then open the batting. He, like Bairstow, is also an exceptional fielder (he had the biggest + impact on fielding in this past IPL I believe), and obviously Bairstow can keep fine too. Allows Buttler to be more easily involved with bowlers in the death overs too.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

JDizzle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 12 Jul 2022, 8:33 am

Coming thick and fast , these Internationals... barely done with the t20and now It's Tuesday , must be a fifty over game...

Appears India are going to keep experimenting with their bowling - and probably a bit of the batting too. England don't have much choice when it comes to the attack with a few first choice options still missing , though the batting big guns are all back.

With what passes for a heatwave in the UK might be hard work for the fast men so England would really hope their spinners (without Rashid) can stand up better than they did in the twenty over thrash. If they have to bowl too much of Moeen Livingstone and Parkinson at the sort of economy rates they were managing India might be eyeing that recently set England ODI record score Smile

Topley was excellent the other day so I'd imagine he will turn out ? Probably Carse as well - though I am slightly sorry we will have to wait a while before Gleeson gets a shot at the fifty over game after his fine debut in the very short form. India clearly are resisting any thoughts of "resting" Kohli so he will be extra keen to get after whoever does rock up at the bowling crease. As for England I think Buttler and especially Roy will be keen to score heavily after their t20 droughts...bowlers on both sides will be under pressure.

Expecting big scoring.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Jul 2022, 9:27 am

England will be back to full strength in the batting for this series, with Bairstow/Root/Stokes all returning. Best top 7 in ODI cricket - Roy, Bairstow, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Livingstone, Ali. Good to see.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 12 Jul 2022, 11:19 am

alfie wrote:Coming thick and fast , these Internationals... barely done with the t20and now It's Tuesday , must be a fifty over game...

Appears India are going to keep experimenting with their bowling - and probably a bit of the batting too. England don't have much choice when it comes to the attack with a few first choice options still missing , though the batting big guns are all back.

With what passes for a heatwave in the UK might be hard work for the fast men so England would really hope their spinners (without Rashid) can stand up better than they did in the twenty over thrash. If they have to bowl too much of Moeen Livingstone and Parkinson at the sort of economy rates they were managing India might be eyeing that recently set England ODI record score Smile

Topley was excellent the other day so I'd imagine he will turn out ? Probably Carse as well - though I am slightly sorry we will have to wait a while before Gleeson gets a shot at the fifty over game after his fine debut in the very short form. India clearly are resisting any thoughts of "resting" Kohli so he will be extra keen to get after whoever does rock up at the bowling crease. As for England I think Buttler and especially Roy will be keen to score heavily after their t20 droughts...bowlers on both sides will be under pressure.

Expecting big scoring.

Hi Alfie - Topley's bowled consistently well for Surrey this season in red and white ball cricket. Much stronger and fitter now, playing most Championship matches when available rather than one on, one off as before. That's helped his fielding too which was an Achilles heel, some good catches taken on the edge of the circle and around the boundary.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:25 pm

Genuine question, does Roy hold the record for number of ducks in ODIs? Seems to either make nothing or a hundred

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:36 pm

VTR wrote:Genuine question, does Roy hold the record for number of ducks in ODIs? Seems to either make nothing or a hundred

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=ducks;template=results;type=batting

Jayasuriya! Although he is helped (or hindered!) by playing 445 games.

Roy still trails Morgan for England too:

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=ducks;team=1;template=results;type=batting

JDizzle

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:39 pm

VTR wrote:Genuine question, does Roy hold the record for number of ducks in ODIs? Seems to either make nothing or a hundred

I know what you mean!

Roy's up to ten ducks putting him in joint 5th in the all-time England ODI ducks list, Morgan is the leader with 15.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=ducks;qualmax1=100000;qualmin1=0;qualval1=ducks;team=1;template=results;type=batting

In terms of every country the all-time leader is Jayasuriya with an amazing 34 ducks. Though Roy's ratio of 'innings:ducks' is more duck-productive than Jayasuriya - Roy has 1 duck per every 9.7 innings, Jayasuriya has 1 duck per every 12.73 innings.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:42 pm

Wicket looks a little lively...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:44 pm

Thanks both, can't believe he isn't higher. I might be conflating T20s ducks in there, or more likely he is often out for a single figure score in the first or second over rather than an actual duck.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:44 pm

Sure, England are 26-5 and everyone is making a duck - but Rehan Ahmed has 3-for against the Saffers for the Lions, and that my friends is the real quiz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:51 pm

Duty281 wrote:

I know what you mean!

Roy's up to ten ducks putting him in joint 5th in the all-time England ODI ducks list, Morgan is the leader with 15.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=ducks;qualmax1=100000;qualmin1=0;qualval1=ducks;team=1;template=results;type=batting

In terms of every country the all-time leader is Jayasuriya with an amazing 34 ducks. Though Roy's ratio of 'innings:ducks' is more duck-productive than Jayasuriya - Roy has 1 duck per every 9.7 innings, Jayasuriya has 1 duck per every 12.73 innings.

And if you add on T20 ducks?

Is it getting to the point where Roy's place in the team is under serious threat? He's always tended to a be a bit 'all or nothing', but recently it's been increasingly nothing.

dummy_half

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next