The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+5
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
James100
Voice of the Beehive
jimbobgooner
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 10 Jul 2022, 2:49 pm

Surrey have named a strong 14-man squad for their LV= County Championship trip to Scarborough to face Yorkshire on Monday.
Ollie Pope has been rested after a busy schedule of international cricket, mad Gus Atkinson will be out for a period of time having fractured his hand Sad and Amar Virdi has joined Somerset on loan. Erm
Ben Foakes is available after recovering from covid. Very Happy
Sam Curran, Jason Roy and Reece Topley are away with the England squad for the upcoming one day international series against India.
Jordan Clark, Matt Dunn and James Taylor remain on the treatment table.
There is no place in the squad for Tom Curran as he works he way back from injury.
Full Squad:
Rory Burns
Hashim Amla
Ben Foakes
Ben Geddes
Aaron Hardie
Will Jacks
Tom Lawes
Conor McKerr
Dan Moriarty
Jamie Overton
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith
Cameron Steel
Dan Worrall
Maybe Mckerr ,Moriarty and Steel to miss out.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Voice of the Beehive Sun 10 Jul 2022, 9:35 pm

I’ll say Geddes, Steel and McKerr/Lawes to miss out. Burns, Patel, Amla, Smith, Foakes, Hardie, Jacks, Overton, McKerr/Lawes, Moriarty, Worrall.

Voice of the Beehive

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by James100 Sun 10 Jul 2022, 10:29 pm

I reckon McKerr and Steel to miss out, and one of Moriarty or Lawes.

Disappointed to see Virdi loaned out—I'd have picked him in most games this season—though good for him to get some game time

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 11 Jul 2022, 12:18 am

I also expect McKerr and Steel to miss out. 

The other on drinks duty is much harder for me to call. 

Probably one out of Geddes, Smith, Lawes and Moriarty. With little confidence, I'll say Smith. 

Geddes' ton last time out might save him while our failure then to take 20 Kent wickets may mean we boost the bowling and play both Lawes and Moriarty. Admittedly I know nothing of the track but with a Scarbados heatwave likely, you have to wonder when Moriarty will play a Championship match again if not here.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Mon 11 Jul 2022, 10:37 am

Geddes, Steel and Moriarty miss out, McKerr plays

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 11 Jul 2022, 10:43 am

Yorkshire win toss and bowl

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 11 Jul 2022, 10:43 am

What a slap in the face for Geddes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Mon 11 Jul 2022, 11:06 am

Moriarty and Virdi to move on at the end of the season ? In this baking hot weather I doubt any other county would not have gone in with another spinner.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 11 Jul 2022, 11:14 am

I would echo thoughts on Virdi - extremely disappointed to see how he's been treated this season, and wouldn't be surprised to see him do very well at Somerset.

Going in without Moriarty here is totally and utterly bizarre - albeit Lawes is opening the bowling, so good to see them show some more faith in him here than they did vs Kent.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 11 Jul 2022, 11:35 am

guildfordbat wrote:I also expect McKerr and Steel to miss out. 

The other on drinks duty is much harder for me to call. 

Probably one out of Geddes, Smith, Lawes and Moriarty. With little confidence, I'll say Smith. 

Geddes' ton last time out might save him while our failure then to take 20 Kent wickets may mean we boost the bowling and play both Lawes and Moriarty. Admittedly I know nothing of the track but with a Scarbados heatwave likely, you have to wonder when Moriarty will play a Championship match again if not here.

Historically, Scarborough has been a pretty good batting wicket. It's also a big playing area - my Dad once had an all run 5 there in a club match.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon 11 Jul 2022, 1:04 pm

Decent start, then McKerr came on

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 11 Jul 2022, 3:50 pm

Here we go again Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 11 Jul 2022, 4:26 pm

RORY BURNS BOWLING SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 1f648

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Mon 11 Jul 2022, 4:28 pm

We seem to have lost control of the match. Can’t help feeling Moriarty or Virdi might have helped.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 11 Jul 2022, 5:33 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:RORY BURNS BOWLING  SURREY VS YORKSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 1f648

We have like fifty million seamers playing, yet Ryan Patel is bowling more or the same amount of overs as half of them. Why on earth have we not selected a front line spinner ffs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 11 Jul 2022, 5:58 pm

Those fifty million seamers have also gifted Yorks 32 runs so far in no balls! Dreadful and totally unprofessional.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 11 Jul 2022, 6:29 pm

Based on the few overs they've bowled, I'm guessing Lawes is off injured and Burns has given up on McKerr - is that right?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 11 Jul 2022, 6:56 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Based on the few overs they've bowled, I'm guessing Lawes is off injured and Burns has given up on McKerr - is that right?
I think we've all given up on McKerr

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Jul 2022, 12:29 am

guildfordbat wrote:Based on the few overs they've bowled, I'm guessing Lawes is off injured and Burns has given up on McKerr - is that right?

I didn’t see Lawes go off injured, but did miss the final session - anybody know anymore?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 12 Jul 2022, 1:24 pm

305 run partnership for Yorkshire's 6th wicket and now 474-6. A bit of a change of momentum from 125-5..

Also I note 36 no balls. F**king ridiculous for professional bowlers.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 12 Jul 2022, 2:28 pm

50 up extras....well batted

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 12 Jul 2022, 2:56 pm

372 to avoid the follow on, hope the pitch has flattened out and we can scrape a draw

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 12 Jul 2022, 3:32 pm

thegooch7 wrote:50 up extras....well batted

10 no balls in 8 overs for Yorkshire too!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Jul 2022, 4:01 pm

Is there some issue with the run-up? This number of no-balls is astonishing.

Almost as astonishing as Burns hitting four 4s in an over!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 12 Jul 2022, 4:22 pm

Duty281 wrote:Is there some issue with the run-up? This number of no-balls is astonishing.

Almost as astonishing as Burns hitting four 4s in an over!

None of the Surrey bowlers have bowled before at the Scarborough ground and the slope there appears to have disconcerted some of them. Gabriel suffering similarly and I would guess this is his first game there as well.

The no ball problem for Surrey seems to be of their own making. They could have practised on the ground had they arrived earlier on Sunday. A lack of preparation and professionalism.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 12 Jul 2022, 9:43 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:

I didn’t see Lawes go off injured, but did miss the final session - anybody know anymore?
looks like Burns didn't trust him according to his interview with churchy.

jimbobgooner

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Jul 2022, 11:12 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:

looks like Burns didn't trust him according to his interview with churchy.

Maybe the captain and coach should get together pre-game and you know, see who they trust and don’t trust…and pick the ones they do? Just a thought.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Jul 2022, 2:08 pm

Well, we made a right mess of preparation, selection and bowling. 

Need to at least get the batting right. My hope at the start of today was to get 400 in 110 overs and give JimBob 5 more points. Not looking too likely atm - 303/4 off 88.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Jul 2022, 2:57 pm

Right, 42 needed off 11overs with 5 wickets left for full batting points. Don’t blow this and upset JimBob and Goochie!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Jul 2022, 3:29 pm

we're good for Jimbob's batting points - aim now to just bat as deep as we can, a sudden collapse here and things could still go against us. Need Foakes to shepherd the tail to get that lead down as far as possible
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 13 Jul 2022, 3:38 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Right, 42 needed off 11overs with 5 wickets left for full batting points. Don’t blow this and upset JimBob and Goochie!

Nearly Another Fine Mess by Surrey, but good hitting by Oliver gets us the 5 batting points, I'd declare now and see if Yorkshire want to set us a run chase tomorrow of 340ish in 60 overs, but that doesn't seem to happen any more

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Jul 2022, 5:15 pm

500 up clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Jul 2022, 5:26 pm

Yorkshire have a lead of 6

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Wed 13 Jul 2022, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Jul 2022, 5:39 pm

thegooch7 wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Right, 42 needed off 11overs with 5 wickets left for full batting points. Don’t blow this and upset JimBob and Goochie!

Nearly Another Fine Mess by Surrey, but good hitting by Oliver gets us the 5 batting points, I'd declare now and see if Yorkshire want to set us a run chase tomorrow of 340ish in 60 overs, but that doesn't seem to happen any more

Clever work there, Goochie. Sometimes supporting Surrey is like pushing that piano of theirs up a hill!

guildfordbat

thegooch7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Jul 2022, 5:41 pm

Biffing by Frankie Worrall as undoubtedly requested and liked by Olly!

The draw still has to be the favourite but a couple of wickets tonight and you never know ….

guildfordbat

thegooch7 and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 13 Jul 2022, 7:31 pm

I see Yorkshire went in with a night watchman...who lasted two balls.

With Surrey effectively equalising the score, Yorkshire are penned in, despite their strong first innings, and need to bat most of tomorrow to save the draw. Similar story for Somerset and Sussex this week.

Couple of quick wickets in the first hour tomorrow could put Yorkshire in a tail-spin.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Jul 2022, 8:57 pm

Duty281 wrote:I see Yorkshire went in with a night watchman...who lasted two balls.

With Surrey effectively equalising the score, Yorkshire are penned in, despite their strong first innings, and need to bat most of tomorrow to save the draw. Similar story for Somerset and Sussex this week.

Couple of quick wickets in the first hour tomorrow could put Yorkshire in a tail-spin.

Yep, that's the tune I was whistling earlier.

The draw still seems the most likely result but if one side is to lose, you would now expect it to be Yorkshire.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 13 Jul 2022, 9:23 pm

McKerr dropped Hill when he was on four Doh
He really is having a game to forget.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Jul 2022, 10:36 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Biffing by Frankie Worrall as undoubtedly requested and liked by Olly!

The draw still has to be the favourite but a couple of wickets tonight and you never know ….

Love me some good lower order biffage
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Jul 2022, 12:39 pm

Surrey going well this morning - Yorkshire lead by 129 runs with 4 wickets left - nemesis Tattersall at the crease now though
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 14 Jul 2022, 3:11 pm

227 in 44 overs (RRR 5.15) needed for Surrey after Overton's 6/61. Great finish set up. Surely Surrey will go for it?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 14 Jul 2022, 4:13 pm

That was a right Brain fart moment from Burns picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 14 Jul 2022, 4:14 pm

Duty281 wrote:227 in 44 overs (RRR 5.15) needed for Surrey after Overton's 6/61. Great finish set up. Surely Surrey will go for it?
Don't call me shirley Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 14 Jul 2022, 4:32 pm

PATEL Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 14 Jul 2022, 5:06 pm

AMLA Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Jul 2022, 5:22 pm

Jacks has just got one of the worst LBW decisions I've seen
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

jimbobgooner, Duty281 and James100 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 14 Jul 2022, 5:23 pm

Jacks lbw to a delivery going over a second set of stumps

EDIT: And on replay, missing off by even further!

Last edited by James100 on Thu 14 Jul 2022, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 14 Jul 2022, 5:24 pm

That was an absolute crime.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 14 Jul 2022, 5:36 pm

What the hell has happened to Jamie Smith Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 14 Jul 2022, 6:00 pm

10 overs to survive Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next