The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best test side in, conditions, where the ball swings, seams around, in england, south africa, new zealand etc

+9
JDizzle
sonic_boom10
Fists of Fury
dummy_half
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Effervescing Elephant
Biltong
ShankyCricket
hodge
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

best test side in, conditions, where the ball swings, seams around, in england, south africa, new zealand etc Empty best test side in, conditions, where the ball swings, seams around, in england, south africa, new zealand etc

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:42 am

Done the sub contient one, now what about in conditions where the ball nips around, in places like england, new zealand, south africa, etc what is your side, mine is:

1)Mohammad Hafeez
2)Brendon McCullum (WK)
3)Ramnarwesh Sarwan
4)Jonathon Trott
5)Shivnarine Chanderpaul
6)Shakib Al-Hasan (C)
7)Shane Watson
8)Zaheer Khan
9)James Anderson
10)Wahab Riaz
11)Graeme Swann

Last edited by cricketfan90 on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : done it wrong.)

Back to top Go down

best test side in, conditions, where the ball swings, seams around, in england, south africa, new zealand etc Empty Re: best test side in, conditions, where the ball swings, seams around, in england, south africa, new zealand etc

Post by hodge Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

If the ball is swinging etc then surely Anderson has to be in there? Erm

hodge

Back to top Go down

best test side in, conditions, where the ball swings, seams around, in england, south africa, new zealand etc Empty Re: best test side in, conditions, where the ball swings, seams around, in england, south africa, new zealand etc

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:04 pm

cricketfan

come on mate
riaz ahead of steyn??????????????????????????????????????????????

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

I don't think it has to be that blatantly obvious that you don't rate SA cricket players.

The best swing bowling conditions and the best swing bolwer out there is Dale steyn.

Gee!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

You've got Swanny at 11 behing Jimmy A. Does not compute.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:You've got Swanny at 11 behing Jimmy A. Does not compute.

he edited anderson in, must have forgot to or didnt bother changing the order

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:15 am

i didnt bother changing the order

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

I assume having a Pakistani opening batsman in there is a joke?

Hes only played one test in England, hardly sufficent to elevate him to the status best in the world. We all know that Geoff Boycotts gramndmother should be opening witha stick of rhubarb.

Steyn, Anderson, Khan as the bowlers... Riaz is too prone to no balls.

Sarwans an odd pick too. His test record as a whole isnt great, and hes worse in England than elsewhere. The century he got last time they toured was in very tame conditions, no with the ball looping around.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:17 am

Steyn, Anderson and Khan definitely as the three seam bowlers, and Swann as the spinner.

Trott has to move up to 3 - that's his spot, and his ability to adjust to the moving ball is very good.

A few years ago I'd have made a good case for Collingwood to be in there, especially if you are talking about extremely difficult conditions - he had many a good 50 in the toughest conditions.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

hafeez offers spin bowling

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

biltongbek wrote:I don't think it has to be that blatantly obvious that you don't rate SA cricket players.

The best swing bowling conditions and the best swing bolwer out there is Dale steyn.

Gee!

Have to disagree mate, I have Anderson as the main man when it is swinging. Prodigious swing, both ways, and such wonderful control it is almost like he has the ball on a string.

Steyn is however a great exponent of very fast outswing and the two of them stand head and shoulders above the rest, but for me there is no more skilled bowler in world cricket than James Anderson with a swinging ball.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:14 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
biltongbek wrote:I don't think it has to be that blatantly obvious that you don't rate SA cricket players.

Gee!

Have to disagree mate, I have Anderson as the main man when it is swinging. Prodigious swing, both ways, and such wonderful control it is almost like he has the ball on a string.

Steyn is however a great exponent of very fast outswing and the two of them stand head and shoulders above the rest, but for me there is no more skilled bowler in world cricket than James Anderson with a swinging ball.
What a joke.

Zaheer Khan is masterful of swing in all conditions, unlike Anderson who is only any good in England.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:17 pm

Yeah, Anderson took no wickets in Australis where the ball doesn't swing and they use the non swinging Kookaburra ball... Oh no hang on a sec...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:28 pm

JDizzle wrote:Yeah, Anderson took no wickets in Australis where the ball doesn't swing and they use the non swinging Kookaburra ball... Oh no hang on a sec...
Pitches where not the typical Oz pitches this time around.

Barring Perth and Brisbane, the other 3 venues had grass left on them.

This aided Anderson, yet he still didn't take a 5 wicket haul...

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:38 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

Gee!

What a joke.

Zaheer Khan is masterful of swing in all conditions, unlike Anderson who is only any good in England.

It is not a joke at all, there is a very solid argument for Anderson being viewed as the finest swing bowler around today. It is an opinion. A normal response would have been appreciated, that is all that was necessary.

Are you Indian by any chance? Seems a slightly biased and unexplained claim.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:40 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

Gee!

What a joke.

It is not a joke at all, there is a very solid argument for Anderson being viewed as the finest swing bowler around today. It is an opinion. A normal response would have been appreciated, that is all that was necessary.

I take it you didn't see the Ashes sonic where Jimmy in the 4th Test had the Aussies on the rack with swing!!

We shall see how good Khan is in England won't we?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:42 pm

Oh and sonic, grass on the pitch is more of a seam friendly condition, swing is through the air and as such the pitch doesn't have as much of an impact.

Anderson to take more wickets than Khan in England is my bet, though Khan may indeed get Straussy a few times, going by his recent left arm failures Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

For the record the finest swing bowler around is Mohammad Asif. unfortunately the guy is a special and destroyed his career 5 times overs.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

Gee!

What a joke.

I take it you didn't see the Ashes sonic where Jimmy in the 4th Test had the Aussies on the rack with swing!!

We shall see how good Khan is in England won't we?
Zaheer won the 2007 series with a magnificent spell at Trent Bridge.

I rest my case

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Oh and sonic, grass on the pitch is more of a seam friendly condition, swing is through the air and as such the pitch doesn't have as much of an impact.

Anderson to take more wickets than Khan in England is my bet, though Khan may indeed get Straussy a few times, going by his recent left arm failures Wink
Money wasted.

Zaheer will take 30+ wickets

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:48 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Oh and sonic, grass on the pitch is more of a seam friendly condition, swing is through the air and as such the pitch doesn't have as much of an impact.

Money wasted.

laughing Be lucky if he gets 20!

One spell of bowling doesn't constitute him being a better swinger then Anderson

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

legendkillar wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:

Money wasted.

One spell of bowling doesn't constitute him being a better swinger then Anderson
Anderson has done what exactly?

Bowled decent vs Pakistan? Wow I could do that

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:

Money wasted.

Hmmmmmm 7/43 against New Zealand at Trent Bridge

5/42 against India at Lords

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:25 pm

legendkillar wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:

Money wasted.

Hmmmmmm 7/43 against New Zealand at Trent Bridge

5/42 against India at Lords
Exactly Anderson is only good at home.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:27 pm

Sonic boom, your ignorance is astounding. Anderson has just proven himself in Australia, a place notoriously hard for pure swing bowlers to take wickets. Surely even you can recognise the skill in doing so?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:31 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Sonic boom, your ignorance is astounding. Anderson has just proven himself in Australia, a place notoriously hard for pure swing bowlers to take wickets. Surely even you can recognise the skill in doing so?
Factor in it was the most pathetic Oz side I've seen in my lifetime, then no it wasn't anything special.

But each to their own.

For the record Steyn is the best around, be it swing, pace, etc.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:41 pm

Give England credit, they were extremely good out there, and when looking at the Aussie line-up it most certainly wasn't pathetic. Light on bowling options, yes, but their batting was still a strong unit and it took skill to dislodge their top order players.

Steyn is the best pace bowler around at the moment, we are in agreement there. My only point is that I believe (that would be an opinion, it doesn't mean it is set in stone) James Anderson to be the finest exponent of swing when the conditions are in his favour. The control and variation he displays are second to none, in my view.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:39 am

1. Amla
2. Cook
3. Trott
4. Tendulkar
5. Watson
6. Bell
7. Prior
8. Swann
9. Syteyn
10. Anderson
11. Tremlett/Khan

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 16 Jun 2011, 10:30 am

Subcontinent

Sehwag
Gambhir
Amla
Tendulkar
Sangakkara
Laxman
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Steyn
Zaheer
Mendis

Bouncy/Swinging conditions

Cook
Watson
Trott
Kallis
De Villiers
Bell
Haddin
Swann
Steyn
Zaheer
Anderson

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:30 pm

Hafeez? Riaz? Seriously?

And no Steyn ...got to be having a laugh.

Rather Kallis or Amla than Sarwan also. And I'd pick Tendulkar in any conditions.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

alfie wrote:Hafeez? Riaz? Seriously?

And no Steyn ...got to be having a laugh.

Rather Kallis or Amla than Sarwan also. And I'd pick Tendulkar in any conditions.

Someone I agree with Very Happy

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

yh but sonic people dont agree with ya cos most of the time you just crictise england players when most of them are awesome, for example swann and anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

My side. Bear in mind this is my opinion, so any attacks on my choice would be greatly unwelcomed!

Assuming this in tests.

1) Cook
2) Dilshan
3) Trott (The man's a class act)
4) Tendulkar
5) Amla (3,4 and 5 could be interchangable really.)
6) Bell (On current form.)
7) Prior (I feel that on his day, he can handle swing better than any keeper.)
8) Swann
9) Anderson
10) Steyn
11) Khan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:38 pm

sainty thats a very good side mate

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:49 pm

Cor Sainty that is a cracking side. The only question mark I have would be Bell, I know on current form the boy is doing well, but I was thinking maybe Ross Taylor or Yuraj Singh someone explosive in the side?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

Each test side has someone explosive and get runs at a quicker rate. Gilchrist, Sehwag, Tammim, Gayle!

Plus with Yuvraj you get bowling!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

yuvraj cant get in indian test side, raina and pujara been in his sport for last 6-8 months

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 11:07 pm

Yuvraj should never play Test cricket again.

He can't play swing or seam bowling and is pitiful against spin.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:06 am

legendkillar wrote:Cor Sainty that is a cracking side. The only question mark I have would be Bell, I know on current form the boy is doing well, but I was thinking maybe Ross Taylor or Yuraj Singh someone explosive in the side?

Ross Taylor is worth a shout he is awesome, a class act in any form of the game, not Singh he is awful.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 17 Jun 2011, 3:44 am

legendkillar wrote:Cor Sainty that is a cracking side. The only question mark I have would be Bell, I know on current form the boy is doing well, but I was thinking maybe Ross Taylor or Yuraj Singh someone explosive in the side?

you say that however Bell can go at a good rate when he wants to

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:20 am

I considered Taylor, but like I said, opted for Bell on current form and the fact that whyen he's playing well, he's technically the best English batsman in my opinion!

For arguments sake though, Taylor can be 12th man! thumbsup

I considered Tamim as well too. I thought in the series against England, he was absolutely outstanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

Ross Taylor has a mediocre test record.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Ross Taylor has a mediocre test record.

Average of 41 playing most of his test in New Zealand, which is one of the hardest places to bat. Thats not to bad.

Last edited by Raymond on Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

not better than bell though

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:33 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:not better than bell though

That's why i have Bell in my side Very Happy

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri 17 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:not better than bell though
Does Bell play all his cricket in an average NZ side?

OR damp green tops in NZ?

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

Bell is better than taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 17 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

Maybe Ross Taylor, but he is definitely not better than Jimmy Taylor... Whistle

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:43 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:Bell is better than taylor
I'll agree to disagree, but I won't say anymore than that Very Happy

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next