The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
10 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I never ratified Duty's membership on the grounds that he's a w*nking w*nk.  

Do you get a veto like the UN security council then?

Only on grounds of whether or not someone is a frequent self-abuser.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:37 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I use -
RiCK Or Tino, Remember Duty Sucks, Hope Galted Might Recover, Dirty Peej  

l*l out loud

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:46 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

l*l out loud

Also l*l out loud.

Sometimes I wonder what the point of Jules is. Then he comes out with stuff like this.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:04 pm

Guilty.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:43 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Guilty.

And I didn't recover.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:49 pm

Galted wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Guilty.

And I didn't recover.

And I just brought up the bins.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:55 pm

Fist

Word, mofos, what's going down with your bad selves?

Last edited by rIck_dAgless on Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fist)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:05 pm

Sicond. Alright Rickster? Slow going on here - might need a lunch review or a Friday quiz to get things going again.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:14 pm

Crikey I didn't realise that was a fist, I will get editing.

Not had lunch yet mate, but I will defo do a quiz soon.

Had a good do in Edinburgh, the wench wanted to do all the touristy stuff that normally I'm too stuck up my own arse to do and decided to lean into them and had a good laugh. Plus I have been meaning to do the camera obscura for a while.

How's life with you dear boy?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:54 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Crikey I didn't realise that was a fist, I will get editing.

Had a good do in Edinburgh, the wench wanted to do all the touristy stuff that normally I'm too stuck up my own arse to do and decided to lean into them and had a good laugh.  Plus I have been meaning to do the camera obscura for a while.

Ach fine. 11 days into dry January and easier than I thought it would be. Meeting one of my mates in Edinburgh on Saturday for a few hours as he passes through on the way home to Dundee and looking forward to annoying him by drinking non-alcoholic beer.

I like Camera Obscura (when it's not too busy). Great for the kids and the camera thing at the top is pretty cool.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:00 pm

I had taramasalata and cream crackers for lunch, stopped eating long before I was sated as I just couldn't be arsed to eat.  Motivations is already running on empty for the year, not sure if it's a long-term side-effect of the Covid vaccine or Villa contriving to let Stevenage through in the FA Cup.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:03 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Had a good do in Edinburgh, the wench wanted to do all the touristy stuff that normally I'm too stuck up my own arse to do and decided to lean into them and had a good laugh.  Plus I have been meaning to do the camera obscura for a while.

Ach fine.  11 days into dry January and easier than I thought it would be.  Meeting one of my mates in Edinburgh on Saturday for a few hours as he passes through on the way home to Dundee and looking forward to annoying him by drinking non-alcoholic beer.    

I like Camera Obscura (when it's not too busy).  Great for the kids and the camera thing at the top is pretty cool.  

I keep meaning to head back to Dundee just for nostalgia sake, then I get flashbacks and don't

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:58 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Ach fine.  11 days into dry January and easier than I thought it would be.  Meeting one of my mates in Edinburgh on Saturday for a few hours as he passes through on the way home to Dundee and looking forward to annoying him by drinking non-alcoholic beer.    

I like Camera Obscura (when it's not too busy).  Great for the kids and the camera thing at the top is pretty cool.  

I keep meaning to head back to Dundee just for nostalgia sake, then I get flashbacks and don't

I only ever go back to see my mum and dad for a few hours at a time. Went back for the weekend in November 2021 to catch up with some mates and it was fine, but it would be depressing to go out drinking there on a regular basis. Still see the same people that were out drinking more than 20 years ago - went into the Phoenix at one point and three of the regulars were sitting in the exact same spot they were sat in when I worked my last shift there in September 2000.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:13 pm

Galted wrote:I had taramasalata and cream crackers for lunch, stopped eating long before I was sated as I just couldn't be arsed to eat.  Motivations is already running on empty for the year, not sure if it's a long-term side-effect of the Covid vaccine or Villa contriving to let Stevenage through in the FA Cup.

I've always wondered, if greed is good, why is lunch for wimps?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:49 pm

It appears as though PJ was Cardinal Pell.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It appears as though PJ was Cardinal Pell.

My hips are still fine, Jules.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:33 am

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I only ever go back to see my mum and dad for a few hours at a time.  Went back for the weekend in November 2021 to catch up with some mates and it was fine, but it would be depressing to go out drinking there on a regular basis.  Still see the same people that were out drinking more than 20 years ago - went into the Phoenix at one point and three of the regulars were sitting in the exact same spot they were sat in when I worked my last shift there in September 2000.

This is not surprising, I remember in Dundee when they re-did a pub down by the river by the bridge, and turned it into a pop-world (I think) and went in and there were some really confused old people in there who looked like the workmen had just built around them.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:55 am

Sicond.

A well-deserved l*l out loud for Rick's observation that it looked like the workmen had just built around them. That's going into the Galted repertoire.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:27 pm

Afternoon, Galts, all well in the world?

I am disappointed to see that all the pictures of ladies wrestling in lingerie, has been replaced by Rugby statistics, but hey hol.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:30 pm

Fort. In the office for the first time this year and they have live music in the canteen. What is the world coming to?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:32 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

I went out for dinner with an Aussie last night, Pee Jay. His name is Liam and  he is originally from Brisbane.

Do you know him?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:49 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon, Galts, all well in the world?

Is that your quiz?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon, Galts, all well in the world?

Is that your quiz?

6. Civic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:51 pm

All's good, Rick, thanks for asking (apart from having spent the last hour wandering and wondering around Smythe's Toy Superstore trying to find birthday presents for 5-year-old twin girls.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:40 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

I went out for dinner with an Aussie last night, Pee Jay. His name is Liam and  he is originally from Brisbane.

Do you know him?

Do you know where he moved to before he met you, Tino?

I used to tell some people in the UK that my name was Nigel and that I was originally from Tasmania.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:51 am

A fair and chivalrous Friday evening fist to you all. I hope everyone knuckles up well today.

Been reading The Red Prince - the story of John of Gaunt by Helen Carr. A good read.

I'm only up to page 40 where they're partaking in the Tournament at Smithfield... more of a full-on mêlée really with a healthy dose of rough-housing thrown in. Sounded like jolly good fun (for the Royals) to be dishonest.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:20 am

Pal Joey wrote:A fair and chivalrous Friday evening fist to you all. I hope everyone knuckles up well today.

Been reading The Red Prince - the story of John of Gaunt by Helen Carr. A good read.

I'm only up to page 40 where they're partaking in the Tournament at Smithfield... more of a full-on mêlée really with a healthy dose of rough-housing thrown in. Sounded like jolly good fun (for the Royals) to be dishonest.

Isn't everyone in the western hemisphere descended from John of Gaunt?  Top shagger.

sicond.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:56 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I went out for dinner with an Aussie last night, Pee Jay. His name is Liam and he is originally from Brisbane.

Do you know him?

Do you know where he moved to before he met you, Tino?

I used to tell some people in the UK that my name was Nigel and that I was originally from Tasmania.

He used to live in Finsbury Park, he now lives in Wimbledon.

He was born in Brisbane and spent time living in Sydney before coming over here.

Do you know him or what? I've literally given you everything about the guy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:57 am

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:A fair and chivalrous Friday evening fist to you all. I hope everyone knuckles up well today.

Isn't everyone in the western hemisphere descended from John of Gaunt?  Top shagger.

sicond.  

Yeah, I think we all are.

Also Robert the Bruce, Charlemagne, and El Cid...and even the often forgotten Henry the Fowler. A few Roman prefects too. Apparently I even have a bit of North African in me or maybe someone who was posted there to keep the peace after they invaded the place.

No wonder we're all deranged and over-sexed in some way or another.

Did he spend his time in prison, Tino, before getting transferred to Boggo Road? If so, I probably haven't met your Aussie mate.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:01 am

superflyweight wrote:

Everyone in Canada and North Hertfordshire is descended from me.

This John chap can get in c*nting line.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:12 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Given his reputation, John of C*nt might have been a better name.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:03 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Not to be confused with Cunigunde of Luxembourg otherwise known as Cunningc*nt when Anglicised.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Not to be confused with Cunigunde of Luxembourg otherwise known as Cunningc*nt when Anglicised.

Or with French tennis player Henri Leconte otherwise known as Henry the c*nt when Anglicised.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:35 am

Monday Fist

You know it is coming, but it still feels like a surprise when it smacks you in the face.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:50 am

lostinwales wrote:Monday Fist

You know it is coming, but it still feels like a surprise when it smacks you in the face.

This is when I'm extremely grateful to be working from home and being able to avoid the 'Monday again' conversations round the coffee machine.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:13 pm

Can't believe it is Monday again.

Tird.

Just had the first snow of the year.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:06 pm

Galted wrote:

This is when I'm extremely grateful to be working from home and being able to avoid the 'Monday again' conversations round the coffee machine.

I am working at home but so is the Wife (on Mondays). So unfortunately I am still stuck with those conversations.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:00 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

I am working at home but so is the Wife (on Mondays). So unfortunately I am still stuck with those conversations.

Not anymore, if you were married to Gina Lollobrigida.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:01 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

We both work from home but the only morning conversation we have is her instructing me to dress our kid warmly, which is lucky as I'd have no idea otherwise.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:05 am

I'm not Gina Lollobrigida.  Probably just as well as I would have spent the last seventy years or so sitting around playing with my tits, rather than forging a successful film career.

Edit: Fist!

Last edited by superflyweight on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:23 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm not Gina Lollobrigida.  Probably just as well as I would have spent the last seventy years or so sitting around playing with my tits, rather than forging a successful film career.

No reason you couldn't have forged a successful film career playing with your tits if you were Gina Lollobrigida.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:35 am

People dropping like flies here. A former Senator and another female vocalist with a sultry, husky voice.

Galts, I need your advice.

Have a small nest of wasps on a wall around the corner. About 5 of them. Medium sized wood wasps. Not too aggressive but I have been stung a few times over the years. Someone said hit them with the killer spray in the evening - which is about right now. 8:35 pm. It was hot today and I noticed one of them flying quite close to my face when I was in the pool. It's gonna be hotter tomorrow... about 36. They seem to regard the pool as their own territory and they can often be seen having a quick sip on a hot day. So I'm dreading tomorrow already. Their nest is only about 4m away.

Bit of a dilemma, eh? Now would be the perfect time for a quick and painless spray but I'm getting a bit soft - and I have a huge guilt factor about murdering more innocent wildlife. Should I just do the deed and get it over and done with or risk having one fly in my face tomorrow?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:43 am

I'd unleash the dogs of war on the b@stards, PJ.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:45 am

superflyweight wrote:I'd unleash the dogs of war on the illegitimate childen, PJ.  

Are you sure you're not related to Robert the Bruce, Super?

Yeah, think you're right. Feel like an absolute bastarde... but I can't afford another sting on the fleshy part of my arm just now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:49 am

Done.

I was wrong. Only 4 of them. Feel a bit better there wasn't 5. Civic.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:22 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm not Gina Lollobrigida.  Probably just as well as I would have spent the last seventy years or so sitting around playing with my tits, rather than forging a successful film career.

I know tastes change over the years but growing up watching those old films I never got the fuss about the the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, or Sophia Loren (or Monroe to be honest). Lollobrigida though...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:43 pm

lostinwales wrote:

I know tastes change over the years but growing up watching those old films I never got the fuss about the the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, or Sophia Loren (or Monroe to be honest). Lollobrigida though...

LiW - just watch Sophia Loren in The Millionairess ....

guildfordbat

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:53 pm

On the subject of Italian films, watched a few Fellini efforts a couple of years back and was staggered to find out that Marcello Mastroianni and Jack Grealish are the same person.

@ PJ, I would hit the nest with a hammer and then run like f*ck.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:26 pm

Galted wrote:On the subject of Italian films, watched a few Fellini efforts a couple of years back and was staggered to find out that Marcello Mastroianni and Jack Grealish are the same person.

@ PJ, I would hit the nest with a hammer and then run like f*ck.

Galts, yep, never seen Mastroianni at a Villa or Citee game when Jack's been playing or on on the bench which proves it.

Btw, I trust your advice above to PJ relates to the wasps and not Sophia Loren.

guildfordbat

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:09 am

I do not believe wasps are signatories to the Geneva convention. If they take up residence in or close to your living areas , I reckon they are fair game. Nuke 'em , I say.

Had a (very much larger) gathering of them built on our front verandah post a few years back. Made going to the front gate a bit nervy. Large can of destructive chemical and a comprehensive spraying after dark did the trick - and left me with even less guilt than Prince Harry in Afghanistan...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:13 am

alfie wrote:I do not believe wasps are signatories to the Geneva convention. If they take up residence in or close to your living areas , I reckon they are fair game. Nuke 'em , I say.

Had a (very much larger) gathering of them built on our front verandah post a few years back. Made going to the front gate a bit nervy. Large can of destructive chemical and a comprehensive spraying after dark did the trick - and left me with even less guilt than Prince Harry in Afghanistan...

Hopefully Tino's dead again temporarily and didn't read that, he's the Greta Thunberg of the tea society when it comes to crunchy things with wings.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next