The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camera switching for tries

4 posters

Go down

Camera switching for tries Empty Camera switching for tries

Post by Mochyn du Sat 26 Nov 2022, 6:53 pm

I have followed international rugby most of my life but one thing bugs me about modern rugby TV coverage.  

When a player goes on a run and scores a try, the cameras are switched from the side camera to a behind the posts camera as the player is about to go over.  They never used to do this.  It seems like a  21st century development.  It ruins the experience of watching the try.  No one in the stadium is watching from a side stand and then gets teleported to behind the try line to see the ball grounded so why should the TV viewer get this?  For any younger readers, check out any pre 2000 tries and this wasn't done and it was better that way as you got to see the whole play from the best angle.

Anyone else get bugged by this and want to see it go back to the way it was?

Mochyn du

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Camera switching for tries Empty Re: Camera switching for tries

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 03 Jan 2023, 4:37 pm

I don't mind them switching between different shots during the live broadcast of a match, but I have a similar bugbear. When they do a recap of matches - for example, a brief look back the first round of Six Nations matches ahead of the second round - instead of just showing a simple re-run of the tries as originally broadcast, they fanny around making a montage of a load of different angles (and speeds) and show that instead. You lose all sense of the moves, even though technically you're still seeing the tries. I don't know why they bother!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 14 Aug 2023, 9:46 am

I'll add a camera bug bear in here too. This RWC will have the longest matches ever with all the french tv company's slow motion of every interaction. Games could go on for 4 hours!

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by nlpnlp Wed 06 Sep 2023, 5:04 pm

Strangely I am not expecting to see too many slow motion replays of any skullduggery by a French player, but plenty of anything even remotely 50:50 by opposition players (think Courtney Lawes tackle on Jules Plisson in 2015).

nlpnlp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down