The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premiership Weekend Round 18 - It is still February

+3
Heaf
formerly known as Sam
doctor_grey
7 posters

Go down

Premiership Weekend Round 18 - It is still February  Empty Premiership Weekend Round 18 - It is still February

Post by doctor_grey Thu 23 Feb 2023 - 22:13

Something ain't right............With the 6 Nations in full swing (especially if one is French, Irish, or Scottish) will anyone be watching?

Friday:  
Bath Rugby v Bristol Rugby, 2:45 PM EST, 7:45 BST, Recreation Ground, Bath

Saturday:
Saracens v Newcastle Falcons, 9:30 AM EST, 2:30 PM BST, StoneX Stadium, London
Northampton Saints v Gloucester Rugby, 9:45 AM EST, 2:45 BST, cinch Stadium at Franklin's Gardens, Northampton
London Irish v Leicester Tigers, 2:30 PM EST, 7:30PM BST, Gtech Community Stadium, London

Sunday:
Exeter Chiefs v Sale Sharks, 8:00 AM EST, 1:00 PM BST, Sandy Park, Exeter

Last edited by doctor_grey on Thu 23 Feb 2023 - 23:26; edited 1 time in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Premiership Weekend Round 18 - It is still February  Empty Re: Premiership Weekend Round 18 - It is still February

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 23 Feb 2023 - 22:38

There's a lot more than two rounds remaining. Due to the number of cancelled games and bye weeks each time hasn't played in every round. I think Tigers have four or five games remaining after this weekend.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Premiership Weekend Round 18 - It is still February  Empty Re: Premiership Weekend Round 18 - It is still February

Post by doctor_grey Thu 23 Feb 2023 - 23:22

formerly known as Sam wrote:There's a lot more than two rounds remaining. Due to the number of cancelled games and bye weeks each time hasn't played in every round. I think Tigers have four or five games remaining after this weekend.
At last I knew something wasn't right, and I guess that was me....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 24 Feb 2023 - 7:46

doctor_grey wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:There's a lot more than two rounds remaining. Due to the number of cancelled games and bye weeks each time hasn't played in every round. I think Tigers have four or five games remaining after this weekend.

You tried to apply logic to an illogical situation.

formerly known as Sam

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 24 Feb 2023 - 20:20

By the hair of Boris Johnson, I must be the only person watching Rugby this afternoon.

By the way, I like the guy playing 8 for Bath. Every time I see him play, his jersey is dirty, he is covered with grass or dirt (if playing on a proper Rugby surface), and he is always in the middle of the action. Good player.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 24 Feb 2023 - 20:44

Carley seems to have taken against Bristol ... happy for Bath to keep throwing crooked though ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 24 Feb 2023 - 21:18

Poor match from all concerned - including Carley.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 8:45

formerly known as Sam wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

You tried to apply logic to an illogical situation.
That doesn't make sense drumroll Run

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 15:01

Peterson sent off for Falcons after leading and arguably looking the better side.

Game effectively over but Falcons having a good go.

Hartley the young 12 looks good as does the young Sarries hooker...Dan?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 21:30

Possibly one of the qirst reffing performances I've seen in a while.

The amount missed for both teams including knock ons, sealing off.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 7:58

nathan wrote:Possibly one of the qirst reffing performances I've seen in a while.

I've not seen the game yet but the offy is rather annoyed by the two disallowed tries. Less so as Tigers still won.

George Martin man of the match from lock as well I hear.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 9:26

nathan wrote:Possibly one of the qirst reffing performances I've seen in a while.

I've not seen the game yet but the offy is rather annoyed by the two disallowed tries. Less so as Tigers still won.

Martin was great and the Leicester pack fronted up. LI spent a huge amount of time in the red zone, but your defence was great on their line.

Disallowed tries were fine for me, but then I would say that. Certainly not howlers decision wise anyway.

Ref was lenient on sealing off. I did wince a few times from a LI perspective expecting him to blow.

Here's a stat for any supporters who think it's hard following their club. In the Prem and HC LI have been involved in 9 tight games decided by 7 or less points this season. We haven't won any of them. Not one.

Margin_Walker

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 10:52

Didn't see the Saints game, but how do we get ourselves in a situation where we are 24 points or so up with 5 minutes to go and we stop playing and we let them get 2 bonus points by reducing our win to 41-34, they scored three tries in the last 5 minutes
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 13:18

Chiefs get a YC for head on head tackle whilst a previous high shot by Sale completely missed by the officials Erm

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 13:33

Sale revert to type and are now on two YCs

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 13:41

And two nice tries by Hodge

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 14:43

Heaf wrote:And two nice tries by Hodge

Was difficult for him to run through the acres of space against a side down to 13 wasn't it.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 14:45

"I can't see why Johnny Hill has been dropped by England", says nobody watching this game. Penalty magnate.

formerly known as Sam

doctor_grey and Heaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 14:55

Was difficult for him to run through the acres of space against a side down to 13 wasn't it.

Yep - bit like Saints last week Very Happy

Heaf

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 14:57

Thought Sale were going to sneak that in the end as they were fairly dominant in the 2nd half but Chiefs just managed stick with it for the win.

Sale are their own worst enemy with their discipline costing them matches.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 15:09

Hodge really is something special....he'll be pushing Steward soon with any luck as he's just on another planet attacking wise.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 15:30

Heaf wrote:

Yep - bit like Saints last week Very Happy
Yeah, it was....
muchas gracias

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 19:41

Margin_Walker wrote:

Martin was great and the Leicester pack fronted up. LI spent a huge amount of time in the red zone, but your defence was great on their line.

Disallowed tries were fine for me, but then I would say that. Certainly not howlers decision wise anyway.

Ref was lenient on sealing off. I did wince a few times from a LI perspective expecting him to blow.

Here's a stat for any supporters who think it's hard following their club. In the Prem and HC LI have been involved in 9 tight games decided by 7 or less points this season. We haven't won any of them. Not one.

Tigers had a very physical pack out there. Camped in the red zone making big hits is pretty comfort zone stuff since Borthwick did so much to improve the discipline.

Having seen the highlights the van Rensburg break for LI's second is great speed and footwork for a bloke who ain't small. There really isn't much that bloke can't do on a rugby pitch, if he was dual qualified he'd be a regular international.

The knock on for the first disallowed try looked rather harsh unless there was a different angle than the one shown on the highlights. The double movement was hard to see but Cracknell didn't seem to be showing any signs of outrage at the decision which probably means he was pushing the limits of what he could get away with and it was a fair cop.

Martin has been a revelation at lock, he was a hard hitting blindside and playing well there it's impressive he's doing so much of that work still as well as the lock stuff. Locks don't normally manage to push in the scrum/maul and then run round smashing people for 80 mins.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 20:03

I don't think Cracknell shows outrage or emotion at anything to be fair. He just always has his terminator face on. It's a pain to have given against you, but his momentum stops dead. He can reach out with his arm at that point to place it, but what he does is propel and leverage himself off his knees. It's the correct call for me.

On the knock on, he loses it forwards initially for me and doesn't regather.

It was a good close game. Ultimately the Leicester red zone defence was great though. Spent a lot of time defending pick and goes and mauls in that second half. Also won a couple of key tactical kicking battles in the final stages to pull out into that lead.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 27 Feb 2023 - 19:57

Margin_Walker wrote:I don't think Cracknell shows outrage or emotion at anything to be fair. He just always has his terminator face on. It's a pain to have given against you, but his momentum stops dead. He can reach out with his arm at that point to place it, but what he does is propel and leverage himself off his knees. It's the correct call for me.

On the knock on, he loses it forwards initially for me and doesn't regather.

It was a good close game. Ultimately the Leicester red zone defence was great though. Spent a lot of time defending pick and goes and mauls in that second half. Also won a couple of key tactical kicking battles in the final stages to pull out into that lead.

He lost it on to his leg, the ref deemed it wasn't a deliberate kick and so a knock on. Hadn't heard of that interpretation before but happy with the explanation

nathan

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down