The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest of the World

+16
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Galted
Oakdene
kingraf
JDizzle
Lowlandbrit
eirebilly_01
VTR
Soul Requiem
alfie
king_carlos
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
KP_fan
msp83
20 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Rest of the World - Page 2 Empty Rest of the World

Post by msp83 Wed 12 Jul 2023, 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

KP_fan wrote:
msp83 wrote:So India is getting back on the field tonight, kicking off their WTC campaign. Rohit has already confirmed Jaiswal will open, and Gill drop down to 3. When all the talk of Yashasvi taking over from Pujara at 3 was going on, I felt he should open, particularly since the team views Gill as the eventual successor to Virat Kohli at 4. Going forward, I see a top 4 of Jaiswal, Abhimanyu Easwaran/Devdutt Padikkal/Rohan Kunnummal, Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad.

Eswaran has been hard done by......Jaiswal was jumped over him
Mayank Agarwal should not be ruled out...he has batted very well in FC and has a decent test match showing also.

And don't forget the favorite boy of seniors and BCCI in KL Rahul...as soon as he is fit he will walk back into the 11
Its been tough on Easwaran. Think Mayank and KL might find it difficult to now fight their way back in. Particularly if Yashasvi has a good start to his career. KL might still make a comeback when Rohit leaves, but I hope Easwaran, Rohan and even Padikkal will make better cases for themselves.
As for Yashasvi jumping over Abhimanyu, though its tough on the latter, think is the right call. Jaiswal scored hundreds on his Ranji, Duleep and Irani trophy debuts. He's versatile and has shown adaptability as indicated by his IPL success. And, its not much noted these days, but he's a handy parttimer with the ball, he very much was for the U-19s, hope he'll get a few chances right away to work on that secondary skill of his...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Rest of the World - Page 2 Empty Re: Rest of the World

Post by msp83 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 7:47 am

Sri Lanka winning the toss and batting first. Have already lost 2, Madushka and Kushal Mendis were done in by the returning Shaheen Shah Afridi who in the process have gone pass hundred test wickets. Skipper Karunaratne and veteran Angelo Mathews trying to weather the storm. SL 33-2.
A bit surprised Sri Lanka didn't have a place for the recalled Pathum Nishanka. He has an imposing FC record, and looked in great touch during the WC Qualifiers. Guess Madushanka had a decent start to his test career and so deserved his chance...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 16 Jul 2023, 9:53 am

msp83 wrote:Sri Lanka winning the toss and batting first. Have already lost 2, Madushka and Kushal Mendis were done in by the returning Shaheen Shah Afridi who in the process have gone pass hundred test wickets. Skipper Karunaratne and veteran Angelo Mathews trying to weather the storm. SL 33-2.
A bit surprised Sri Lanka didn't have a place for the recalled Pathum Nishanka. He has an imposing FC record, and looked in great touch during the WC  Qualifiers. Guess Madushanka had a decent start to his test career and so deserved his chance...

Pitch had seemingly something for seamers and Afridi + Naseem shah ripped out 4 for 54.
Since there Lanka has put together a 50 run partnership ...Angelo Matthews still playing for Lanka and seemingly bating well.

To SL advantage they will bowl last on a pitch that should be spin friendly as evident from makeup of both sides.
Pak as only 2 seamers and 3 spinners of which one is a batting all rounder in Salman
SL too has 3 spinners in Jayasuriya, Mendis and D'Silva
( they keep getting player with same surnames as their illustrious stars from 80s and 90s)

I would back Lanka to win this
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 10:31 am

After Shaheen's early burst in which he picked up 3 wickets, Sri Lanka are recovering through a partnership between Mathews and DDS. Currently 135-4 with both batters in their 40s.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 10:40 am

Half-century for Mathews! He has had his struggles of late, but keeps coming back each time...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 11:05 am

Mathews and Dhananjaya putting their foot down and runs are flowing. 180-4.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 11:27 am

At the stroke of Tea, Mathews got out to a nothing shot to hand the advantage back to Sri Lanka. At 185-5, they have a little bit of batting left in their lower order. DDS and Samarawikrama will be the last recognized batters. They seem to be preserving Hasaranga for tests. But he could have been an interesting bet to come in at 7 or 8...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 11:59 am

Bit of judicious Bazballing from Sri Lanka. Going at close to 4 an over. Sadeera and DDS taking on Naseem and Abrar after tea.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 1:50 pm

242/6 at stumps, Pakistan striking with the last ball of the day. Sri Lanka narrowly ahead, especially if the pitch deteriorates as expected with Pakistan batting last.

Seems like a good return for Shaheen to the test arena, but Mathews and Dhananjaya have given their side a solid platform.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 7:46 pm

Fine innings from Dhananjaya, and very handy contributions from Mathews and Samarawikrama has kept Sri Lanka in the game after those early setbacks. Ramesh Mendis has a triple ton in FC cricket. He has been pedestrian with the bat at top level so far, but if he can chip in with the rest of the tail, and if DDS can hold it all together a bit longer on day 2, Sri Lanka might convert this relatively even position to an advantage for themselves. But if Pakistan can roll the rest over without much damage, under 270, then they can consider it is a job well done.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 16 Jul 2023, 7:53 pm

msp83 wrote:Fine innings from Dhananjaya, and very handy contributions from Mathews and Samarawikrama has kept Sri Lanka in the game after those early setbacks. Ramesh Mendis has a triple ton in FC cricket. He has been pedestrian with the bat at top level so far, but if he can chip in with the rest of the tail, and if DDS can hold it all together a bit longer on day 2, Sri Lanka might convert this relatively even position to an advantage for themselves. But if Pakistan can roll the rest over without much damage, under 270, then they can consider it is a job well done.

The next two batters for Lanka can hold the bat and score a few
Mendis averaes 43 in FC cricket and ~19 in tests
Jayasuriya averaes ~24 in tests and 25 in FC cricket

These days spinners are increasingly making themselves valuable by being allrounders...when D'Silva is a batting allrounder
Two of the 3 Pak spinners are also all-rounders
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Jul 2023, 7:38 am

Sri Lanka bowled out for 312, a position I think they'll be reasonably happy with. Dhananjaya was finally out for 122, caught trying to push the score along. Rajitha and Fernando, both with test batting averages of 6, managed to combine for a 29-run 10th wicket stand, which could be crucial in the final reckoning.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 17 Jul 2023, 9:24 am

Yup Lanka's 312 is quite handy
& ball's started to turn today.....not a minefield ...but turning enuf and not dead slow turn.
There is juts enuf bounce also for edges to carry to close ins
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 17 Jul 2023, 9:29 am

Lankans had Embuldenia who was like Axar...skid and bounce due to height
Jayasuriya is different......much more revs, gets drift and has a good arm ball
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Jul 2023, 10:01 am

Been a curious approach from Pakistan. They've batted like it's an ODI, hence scoring 100 runs in 20 overs, but have lost five wickets in the process putting them firmly on the back foot. Don't think they need to bat like that. The pitch isn't a minefield, so there shouldn't be the sense of urgency, the sense of thought that says 'I'll get a ball with my name on it soon, so I need to be aggressive'.

Really like the spin duo of Jayasuriya and Mendis, they complement each other well.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Jul 2023, 12:59 pm

Salman and Shakeel responding with a 120 run partnership in 25 overs to rebuild Pakistan's innings, the score reading 221/5 at stumps. Excellent strike rotation a key feature of the partnership. Rain ended play prematurely, which is a good thing for Sri Lanka who get an opportunity to regroup. Pakistan have a weak tail, so that 221/5 could easily be 260ao with an early breakthrough tomorrow.

Hopefully the rain stays away for the remainder because it's building up to a very interesting conclusion.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 17 Jul 2023, 1:21 pm

Good recovery from Pakistan, Bazballing their way to 221-5, at almost 5 an over. Shakeel and Agha Salman doing the rescue act... Sri Lanka will have to separate the 2 early tomorrow and don't let the lower order get away with much. Pakistan on the other hand would need the 2 to extend their partnership a lot more. Their tail is not as good as that of Sri Lanka.
Like Wanindu Hasaranga, Pakistan not using Shadab Khan enough in the longer format. Think he did have some fitness issues that kept him out, but he seems to be fine and playing a lot of white ball cricket around the world. Salman is their all-rounder these days. He's a very mediocre bowler, and he hasn't been consistent with the bat at this level as yet.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 17 Jul 2023, 2:01 pm

Yup well played the nos 6&7 for Pak
Pak might appear nose in front...but evenly poised given that one wicket fall brings many
& that Pak bat last
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jul 2023, 8:59 am

Pakistan up to a one-run lead at lunch, just six down, with Shakeel pushing his way past 100. Type of morning for Sri Lanka where they reviewed ones which weren't out, but ignored ones which were out.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Jul 2023, 10:29 am

Its required an inning of lifetime from saud shakeel who averages 90+ now in his 6th test and an ongoing n.o inning

Advantage has shifted to pak.....bui even with a deficit of 100 Lanka can still be in the game if they score 300+
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jul 2023, 10:47 am

Has been fantastic from Shakeel, although he was dropped on 140 and Pakistan would have probably been bowled out by now if it had been taken. The game has settled into a pattern of dots and a single on the 3rd/4th ball of the over. Naseem Shah holding an end with 1 off 36.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jul 2023, 12:11 pm

Shakeel now on 188, his highest-ever First Class score. That drop may have Sri Lanka whatever hope they had in the test. The lead up to 118.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jul 2023, 1:05 pm

Shakeel brings up his 200 in 352 balls. That's one of the best test innings you'll see all year. Came in at 67/3, lost Babar and Sarfaraz not long after to make it 101/5, but now Shakeel's efforts have propelled them past 450.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Jul 2023, 1:10 pm

Duty281 wrote:Shakeel brings up his 200 in 352 balls. That's one of the best test innings you'll see all year. Came in at 67/3, lost Babar and Sarfaraz not long after to make it 101/5, but now Shakeel's efforts have propelled them past 450.

Yes its been a Special inning and very special effort
from 100-5
and from, 346-8  to get to nearly a 150 run lead......Shakeel has put the game in innings defeat territory for Lanka
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Jul 2023, 1:48 pm

Pakistan ended up 149 in front, Shakeel unbeaten on 208. Sri Lanka negotiated 22 balls before stumps quite safely, leaving them 135 behind going into day four.

Still set up to be an interesting test, just not the one innings shootout I was anticipating! Sri Lanka need to bat through tomorrow if they're going to have a chance in this one. It's a solid top six with lots of experience, and at least one needs to put their hand up and deliver for their side. A fourth innings chase of 180 probably won't be easy on this.

Going to be an important day for Pakistan's spinners, who so far don't have great records and don't get a lot of credit - that could change if they roll through Sri Lanka tomorrow.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 19 Jul 2023, 8:43 am

Ball is turning but far from a square turner.
Bounce is even...& enuf for edges to carry to slips and Noman has plucked 3 and Abrar the 4th.

Lankan folly has been going too much into a shell.....one comes that spins a bit more or the batsman loses focus and is gone.
They should have used feet and played a few more strokes to keep RR at 3.5 to 4ish
At 99-4 there is little hope unless the batter from here start smashing the ball for the rest of the day
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 19 Jul 2023, 10:18 am

41 the lead, six down. Dhananjaya carrying the hopes of Sri Lanka again.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 19 Jul 2023, 6:51 pm

Pak uneasily lost 3 quick wickets and are not out of woods yet
A collapse & choke not imminent but still likely with 83 needed & 7 in hand
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 19 Jul 2023, 11:27 pm

Yeah, 48/3 in pursuit of 131, Pakistan should be fine. One of the three they lost was a night watchman (to a run out!), so Babar Azam is still there. A couple of quick wickets tomorrow would make it an interesting conclusion, however...

Second test between West Indies and India starts tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a closer game.

Also the final European qualifier for next year's T20 World Cup starts tomorrow. Austria, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Jersey and Scotland all shoved into a league format to play one game against each opponent. Top two in the league go through to the World Cup. Obviously that should be Ireland and Scotland, but funny things can happen in the T20 format in one-off games.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 20 Jul 2023, 8:41 am

Not too many worries for Pakistan getting the required 130. Lost six wickets ; but a couple of them fell with just a few runs left to get so comfortable enough. A good win for Pakistan : their first Test win for twelve months thumbsup

alfie

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 20 Jul 2023, 1:09 pm

Ireland in a spot of bother against Italy.

Italy need 66 more from 48 balls, six wickets left, to land an almighty upset against the Irish, in the opening game of these European qualifiers.

But two quick wickets have eased any problems for Ireland. They should be fine from here.

Yes, Ireland win, but only by 7 runs over the Italians. What an effort from Italy who pushed Ireland very close. clap

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 20 Jul 2023, 7:32 pm

So the India-West Indies test playing to script though WI are making a better effort with the ball today. Rohit and Jaiswal had a big opening partnership, but WI rested some ground by taking down 3 quickly. Both openers couldn't repeat the extend of damage from the first test and Shubman Gill couldn't get going. Kohli and Rahane in the middle. Can they get some confidence boosting big runs? Will Kishan get a proper go with the bat?
The only remaining excitement is about watching the 2 debutants, Mukesh Kumar for India and Kirk Mckenzie for the West Indies. Mukesh comes in for the unfit Shardul Thakur, while Mckenzie is in for the dropped Raymon Reifer.
The pitch is flat, WI again not playing to their strength though they brought back Shannon Gabriel in place of the ill Rahkeem Cornwall. The track will slowed, reckoned Rohit Sharma at the toss. So if the Indian quicks including Mukesh are to make an impression, they should do it during the obligatory overs they would get before Ash and Jadu get to work.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 20 Jul 2023, 7:43 pm

Virat Kohli in 2023 has been putting some better overall numbers in tests in comparison to the last 3 years. However, his strike rate, something he used to be rather too big on, has dropped significantly. Its a struggle for him, as much with himself, for each run it seems. Currently plotted along to 17 of 42.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 20 Jul 2023, 7:46 pm

Rahane goes at the stroke of Tea, playing Gabriel on to his stumps. At 182-4, it can be said West Indies have surely done better. But their batting has gone really substandard, and even this is a decent score already for India.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 20 Jul 2023, 8:58 pm

Kohli continues to play at balls well outside off, not always with the intent to score even. Getting away with it so far on this pitch, against this not so great attack.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 21 Jul 2023, 3:43 am

Seems West Indies came back a bit from looking like getting slaughtered early on... But India still ending the day in a strong position. Should surely kick on over 400 and be well placed to command the game from there , no ?

Pitch flat , you're saying , msp ; so a lot be up to Ashwin and Jadeja to force a result I suppose. They are usually pretty good at that...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 21 Jul 2023, 7:59 pm

So India bowled out for 438. Kohli got to his hundred and Jadeja got his 50. Kohli got run-out to end a big partnership and not much later, Jadeja was done in. Ishan Kishan got a few, and R Ashwin was the last man out for 56, dragging the total well pass 400.
The WI openers have weathered 3 overs without damage. The pitch isn't quite a road but is flat. But even Warrican got a few to turn, so Ashwin and Jadeja should be on pretty soon.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 21 Jul 2023, 8:36 pm

Ishan blew up an opportunity to make a solid impact.
Rahane has done more than enuf to be dropped
Kohli has lost some of his skill & reflexes but still driving on the power of his mind.....& getting runs....much stronger mind than his peers
Unadkat's famed control and swing / seam that got him bucket load of Ranji wickets season after season.....has not been on display in two tests so far.

In his segment, Bhuvi is a far better operator.....Undakat has also done more than enuf to be dumped for good.
WI bowled much better and has batted alright so far....hard work for India ahead

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 21 Jul 2023, 8:52 pm

Rahane now, shouldn't be getting a very long rope as such. In spinning conditions, Shreyas is certainly a better option, the guy can really play spin but unfortunately, not a sensible option in seaming-swinging conditions, and can't play the short ball. Ruturaj who bats middle order in red ball cricket can be an option. Much of the young talent emerging in the batting seen, are mostly top order batters. And the selectors don't seem to rate Sarfaraz to pick him despite his absolutely impressive numbers at 5 for Mumbai. There is even a theory that he's not picked because his runs haven't come batting top 4 for his side.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 21 Jul 2023, 8:54 pm

Think Bhuvi is done at the top level. Too fragile, and lost a yard of pace in any case even in white ball cricket. And when did he play his last test? Seems ages ago!
And to be fair, Unadkat has bowled pretty well here, without much to show for. Didn't get much of a chance in the first test...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 21 Jul 2023, 8:55 pm

First view.....Mukesh Kumar looks good...high arm action like Caddick / Ryan Harris...pitches it up with good seam and it seems the ball skids and comes faster than his 137kph
He doesn't have a full follow-thru and hence leaves 5kph pace on the table....but am surprised with that action he hits 137ish.

Because he comes so close to stumps...he will get plenty of LBWs I think and will do well in seaming conditions

aged 29...he has come from harsh background and hard grind of Ranji....should be tough

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 21 Jul 2023, 8:56 pm

Nice first over for Mukesh Kumar in test cricket. Seems a typical Indian seamer, has some pace though not quite Fast lands...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 21 Jul 2023, 8:58 pm

West Indies not losing a wicket in 15 overs!! Should we call it absolutely brilliant!?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 21 Jul 2023, 9:17 pm

msp83 wrote:West Indies not losing a wicket in 15 overs!! Should we call it absolutely brilliant!?

WI are unpredictable....they could match India's score and draw this game out
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 21 Jul 2023, 9:32 pm

Mukesh having a bit of no-ball problem. Quite annoying. Will be a travesty if he's denied his first test wicket through one of those.. A half-century partnership for the WI openers! The skipper is playing with great discipline and Chanderpaul seems to be channelling his old man's love for Indian bowling... Jadeja on now...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 22 Jul 2023, 7:36 pm

Pitch has nothing and india's 438 not as big as it appears
Unadkat has nothing to offer and Shardul even though slotted as an all-rounder is far more crafty
Ashwin has bowled very clevery and Mukesh has looked quite potent.
Draw is an even possibility here
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 22 Jul 2023, 7:49 pm

Though the pitch is flat, West Indies batting holding it together is nice to see. They are putting serious value on their wicket, and all 3 wickets had to be properly earned. Ashwin's bowled well, Jadeja a bit below his best. Siraj hasn't quite come to the party in the series. Think the long stretch of playing has caught up with him. Mukesh, though not really impressed me in terms of pace, can be a fairly handy backup.
BTW, Jas Bumrah has started bowling with full intensity in the nets said the BCCI. Prasidh Krishna is also getting back to fitness. And very importantly, Rishabh Pant has started batting and keeping in the nets and is up to a level wherein he's able to start some weight training. The ODI WC might still be too early for him, but hopefully by the SA series...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 22 Jul 2023, 8:04 pm

West Indies have a long tail, so India should still be confident. Good on the West Indies for showing some application.

Early strike for Jadeja in the evening session just as I type that.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 22 Jul 2023, 8:57 pm

msp83 wrote:Though the pitch is flat, West Indies batting holding it together is nice to see. They are putting serious value on their wicket, and all 3 wickets had to be properly earned. Ashwin's bowled well, Jadeja a bit below his best. Siraj hasn't quite come to the party in the series. Think the long stretch of playing has caught up with him. Mukesh, though not really impressed me in terms of pace, can be a fairly handy backup.
BTW, Jas Bumrah has started bowling with full intensity in the nets said the BCCI. Prasidh Krishna is also getting back to fitness. And very importantly, Rishabh Pant has started batting and keeping in the nets and is up to a level wherein he's able to start some weight training. The ODI WC might still be too early for him, but hopefully by the SA series...

Yup Bumrah and Prasidh likely to be fit for WC
Ditto Iyer and Rahul
And Pant starting to go to gym and bat in nets
Maybe ready when India tour to Aus

Opportunities missed by Gill and Rahane
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 23 Jul 2023, 3:37 pm

Siraj delivered the type of returns on a flat pitch that cement a long term undisputed position in team.
Mukesh showed he has something and should be persisted with.

Unadkat showed nothing to justify giving him any more run in tests. There is a lot of talent waiting in the wing that can ball quick.
His type of medium pace finds place if he was batsman also who could average 30+ with the bat.

India would want to bowl an hour today...but the way they have started to a flying start......they might get a full session to bowl.
WI started game early to make up rain lost time
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 23 Jul 2023, 7:37 pm

KP_fan wrote:Siraj delivered the type of returns on a flat pitch that cement a long term undisputed position in team.
Mukesh showed he has something and should be persisted with.

Unadkat showed nothing to justify giving him any more run in tests. There is a lot of talent waiting in the wing that can ball quick.
His type of medium pace finds place if he was batsman also who could average 30+ with the bat.

India would want to bowl an hour today...but the way they have started to a flying start......they might get a full session to bowl.
WI started game early to  make up rain lost time
The rains are too insistant today. Nice opening salvo from Rohit and Jaiswal gave India a flying start. Think if they resume today, India should declare without delay. They lead by 301, challenge the bowlers to do the job now rather than batting on for too long and taking valuable time out of the game.
Outstanding from Siraj. Ashwin and Jadeja had to do a slow-burn act on this flat pitch. Siraj, who has had an easy time of late through a number of home tests, decided to bowl like the leader of the seam attack that he is in the absence of Bumrah and Shami and produced a fabulous spell and crashed through the WI lineup. I do value Unadkat, but at his age, he's not going to get too many chances. This 2nd innings will be big for him... Mukesh has decent first impressions for sure... When all fit, I'd have Prasidh as the first reserve to Bumrah, Shami and Siraj. Shardul will be the bowling all-rounder based on conditions until and unless Hardik makes himself available for tests. Think Umesh and Ishant are done at the top level. As such, Mukesh has to be in the mix. Hopefully, Shivam Mavi, Umran Malik, will be able to make the step up, and Nagarkoti will be able to sort out his fitness issues.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next