The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could change just one injustice in Boxing history???

+23
themadworldofjb
Muffleface
fearlessBamber
Fists of Fury
Imperial Ghosty
Michaels, Sean
Valero's Conscience
Scottrf
DoubleD22
Rowley
whotobeA
School Project
No1Jonesy
huw
Dinamita
88Chris05
captain carrantuohil
sittingringside
licence_007
ONETWOFOREVER
HumanWindmill
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If you could change just one injustice in Boxing history??? - Page 2 Empty If you could change just one injustice in Boxing history???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not talking about the Johnny Owens's, koo kims being taken away etc...that's taken as read......

Talking about changing just one real injustice, whether reversing a robbery or something else what would it be....?

Myself I think I'd change the result of Holmes-Spinks 2 and let Larry leave in a just and fitting way......

Poor old Lar in the week before the fight he called Las Vegas judges drunks and then gets the shaft surprise surprise...

Larry was always my favorite with the Don and however favorably you watch the fight in Spinks favor there is no way he wins....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

If you could change just one injustice in Boxing history??? - Page 2 Empty Re: If you could change just one injustice in Boxing history???

Post by bhb001 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:15 pm

On the clip I saw where Reid was warned for slapping, it definitely looked like it to me. However, this was only two seconds out of a few minutes of footage and Reid was definitely being given a rough ride from the ref. I saw it as a slap out of frustration, definitely nothing worth a warning

bhb001

Back to top Go down

If you could change just one injustice in Boxing history??? - Page 2 Empty Re: If you could change just one injustice in Boxing history???

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

Scottrf wrote:
themadworldofjb wrote:Looking at Chavez how about his first fight with Meldrick Taylor. Stoppage 2 seconds from the end? Meldrick deserved his W that night
I didn't get the memo when they changed the length of fights to 35 minutes 58 seconds?

Yeh but Taylor outboxed Chavez all night but took some big punches late on and was stopped 2 seconds from the end. You have to blame Taylors corner. They said he was level going into the final round. Hence why he fought why he did. He outdid Chavez and deserved his win had it not been for the ref
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 5:48 pm

If he was out on his feet the ref was right to stop it. He didn't know if there were 2 seconds left or 7 seconds left. Chavez could have rained down heavy blows for a good 10 seconds for all the lights ont he ringposts told the referee.

Would it have been correct for Chavez to have been robbed of a win he earned in the last round by putting Taylor in a state where he was not fit to continue?

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by 1weight1champ Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:11 pm

The public conception that once a fighter is beaten he's finished, if a fighter has tested his ability to the limit and lost he should be held in higher regard than a fighter who ducked to hang on to his 0 but im guilty of being a dreamer

1weight1champ

Back to top Go down

Post by 1weight1champ Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

sohotnot wrote:Jim Watts contract with sky
the legs have gone haha

1weight1champ

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:23 pm

The creation of the WBC.

That opened up the doors for all the sanctioning bodies and now we have no idea who the best in the world is anymore.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:51 pm

I would change Henry Cooper's loss to Joe Bugner in 1971. Being beaten by one point and the crowd clearly not happy with the result.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2