The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Dodson CEO of Year 2023-4

2 posters

Go down

Mark Dodson CEO of Year 2023-4 Empty Mark Dodson CEO of Year 2023-4

Post by alive555 Fri 15 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm

Congratulations to Mark Dodson rugby CEO of year. What he has done to Scottish rugby is quite remarkable.

He's mastered the off the field affairs by paying himself a million a year, while dleivering a stellar 10.5 million annual black hole.

A decade of success off the pitch has been matched with similar mouth watering success on the pitch, which has seen the national side win absolutely nothing.. Zero championships, zero triple crowns and a personal best of 3rd.

His highest achievement though is the under 20s where he's overseen a decade of annual awarded wooden spoons, topped off this year by winning 1 point during the entire championship by playing 5, and losing 5.

A toast to Mark !

alive555

Back to top Go down

Mark Dodson CEO of Year 2023-4 Empty Re: Mark Dodson CEO of Year 2023-4

Post by NeilyBroon Sat 16 Mar 2024, 8:52 am

To be fair, compared to the dark days of McKay he's not been that bad. The recent upswing in debt and his salary have been contentious to say the very least, especially as he seemed to be relatively financially sound for most of his time.

I think I have mixed feelings on him. In the same way I can acknowledge Toonie has had some good spells as our coach but I don't think he's the right person to take us forward.

Hopefully we can get a CEO who is somewhat more balanced and cares about Scottish rugby beyond the financials. Ideally someone with a good amount of experience behind them, doesn't necessarily have to be rugby experience. What's the former Aberdeen group CEO doing these days?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down