The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Final Frontier" - Exodus vs The Coalition

2 posters

Go down

"The Final Frontier" - Exodus vs The Coalition Empty "The Final Frontier" - Exodus vs The Coalition

Post by JJJohnson Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:28 pm

Main Event
The Future of 6CWF
Exodus vs The Coalition
Theme: "In the end" by Jung Youth (cover)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"The Final Frontier" - Exodus vs The Coalition Empty Re: "The Final Frontier" - Exodus vs The Coalition

Post by acer101 Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:00 pm

After their meal at JJ Johnsons, Acer drives his family home. As they arrive, his wife heads inside to secure the house, a lingering reminder of the home invasion last year. Meanwhile, Acer opens the car boot to grab a jacket when his son speaks up softly, “Dad, I’m scared”.

Pausing, Acer inhales deeply, closing the boot of the car before crouching down to his son’s level.

“I want you to know it’s going to be okay. Remember when I had that big match back in July? Well, this time is different. I’ve got Uncle S and Uncle JJ by my side. They’ll make sure everything turns out fine.”

Leaning in closer, he whispers, “Can you keep a secret? I’m scared too. This match, it’s enormous. It’s not just about me; it’s about Uncle JJ’s company’s future. The thought of losing and letting him down terrifies me.”

“But we have to be brave. I have to be strong for my friends, and you, for your mother. Being brave doesn’t mean not feeling scared; it means facing those fears and pushing forward, no matter what. So let’s face this together, okay?”

After their heart-to-heart, Acer embraces his son tightly before gently urging him towards the house. “Now, go on, get ready for bed. If you’re finished in 5 minutes, we’ll have a couple of rounds of EA FC, deal?”

With an eager nod, his son dashes inside. Acer straightens up, his gaze drifting to the starlit sky, lost in thought for a moment before following his son indoors.

acer101

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

"The Final Frontier" - Exodus vs The Coalition Empty Re: "The Final Frontier" - Exodus vs The Coalition

Post by acer101 Thu 02 May 2024, 11:10 am

The short documentary, self-produced by Elevate Combat Gym and posted on YouTube, opens with a cinematic slow-motion sequence capturing Acer retrieving his bag from the car, shouldering it, and striding into Elevate's cutting-edge facility nestled within an industrial complex. As the scene unfolds, Acer exchanges greetings with his training partners, including MMA Champion Chael Kingdom, a 6CW alumnus. Chael's initial remarks to the camera seamlessly blend with footage showcasing Acer's rigorous training regimen—a dynamic circuit of medicine ball throws, burpees, sled pushes, hurdle jumps, and bear crawls, each movement highlighting Acer's explosive speed and precision footwork.

“I've known Acer since my wrestling days, and our bond formed instantly over our shared passion for wrestling and MMA. I owe him everything; he's connected me with the right people who welcomed me back into the MMA community after being blackballed due to a previous manager's actions. Without him, I wouldn't be here, gearing up for a record-breaking number of title defenses. So, when he asked me to be his training partner for Night of Glory, I couldn't refuse.”

“Acer has been a fixture at this gym since its inception, but I can tell you, he's never pushed himself like this before. Even as someone considered among the elite, he makes me feel inadequate!"

In the next clip, Kingdom is seen holding pads for Acer, demonstrating the sheer power, precision, and fluidity of each punch, as well as the lightning-fast combinations. Kingdom's voiceover persists.

"He's shattering gym records with his sled pull sprints and standing jumps. His conditioning is unparalleled, and much credit goes to Coach."

"Coach" refers to Quade White, the Head Coach of Elevate Combat and Manager of the facility, who himself hails from the wrestling world, having competed in 6WF. Transitioning from the ring to coaching, White discovered his knack for nurturing both emerging talents and seasoned stars. As Acer diligently undergoes the "man in the middle" drill in the background, his unwavering determination and stamina shine through with each completed round.

"Our paths crossed during my brief stint in 6WF," White recalls. "Acer sought my advice on improving shoulder strength after a minor injury. Even after I left the promotion to pursue coaching, our connection remained strong, with Acer eventually becoming one of my clients. When he decided to establish this facility, he didn't just invest in the space; he invested in me. That's the kind of man he is, and I'm forever grateful."

Reflecting on Acer's training journey, White notes a transformation from initially unstructured and lackluster efforts to a surge in intensity fueled by emotion prior to his match at Born in Fire. However, White emphasizes that emotion can hinder peak performance, citing examples from boxing and MMA. Since Acer's return to 6CWF, his training regimen has undergone a remarkable evolution, marked by unwavering motivation and discipline. White attests to Acer's smart dietary choices and strategic training approach, confidently asserting that Acer is in the best shape of his life. If Acer's training is any indication, White predicts a tough time ahead for the competitors in Exodus.

In the final scene, Acer pushes himself through a grueling HIIT sprint session on the Assault Bike, wearing an altitude mask that accentuates his determination. As the session concludes, a visibly exhausted Acer removes the mask, gasping for air. With lactic acid gradually subsiding and heart rate stabilising, he steps off the bike, his sweat-soaked shirt revealing the sculpted muscles beneath. Walking towards the camera, Acer delivers a message:

"Exodus, get ready. In 16 days, you'll realize you've bitten off more than you can chew."

Addressing Clarke James directly, Acer asserts, "I've always said we're in the third act of our story, and the ending will be definitive. While you've been busy amassing your forces, I've been here, relentlessly pushing myself to become stronger, faster, better. And I'll prove to you that this mask," he gestures to the altitude mask, "has a greater impact than yours ever will."

With a determined gaze, Acer nudges the camera lens aside as the credits roll.

acer101

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down