The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camacho becomes a Comanche

5 posters

Go down

Camacho becomes a Comanche Empty Camacho becomes a Comanche

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Confirmation that Gonzalo Camacho has left Quins and is joining Exeter Chiefs next season: Offy site. Camacho is a very different player to the man that he replaces, the thundering Nemani Nadolo - more of a speedster like Matt Jess, he is likely to tbe involved in the RWC and won't appear at Sandy Park until October. This brings the Chiefs signings to 9 and, subject to Rob Baxter ignoring my plea and prayers to sign Alex Blair, that's probably it for Exeter recruitment.

Less than 24 hours after confirming the arrival of Bath lock Peter Short to Sandy Park, Exeter Chiefs head coach Rob Baxter has added another new addition to his playing ranks with the capture of back Gonzalo Camacho from Aviva Premiership rivals Harlequins.

The Argentine international, who can play on the wing or in the centre, follows former Quins' team-mate John Andress in making the move from the capital to Devon and has put pen to paper on a two-year deal to become Baxter's ninth signing of the summer.

In two seasons at the Twickenham Stoop, the 26-year-old made 30 appearances, scoring a total of 20 points. It was, however, his final five points for the Londoners in May that proved so crucial when his late try helped Harlequins secure a dramatic victory over Stade Francais in the final of the 2011 Amlin Challenge Cup in Cardiff.

Welcoming Camacho to the Chiefs, Baxter said: "We have said for some time that we have been looking for a replacement for Nemani [Nadolo] since we knew he left. Interestingly enough and around the same time, Gonzalo came onto the market and it is just a really good fit for us.

"He's a completely different player to Nemani, but also a different kind of player to what we have here already. He's a smaller, lighter guy, who is more reliant on his footwork and his explosive pace over a short distance. He is a very tough, competitive player - which is obviously very attractive to us - and he's shown some good form at the time he became available playing very well in a Harlequins side that was also playing very well. As I said, he's a really good signing for us."
Source - Offy site

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Camacho becomes a Comanche Empty Re: Camacho becomes a Comanche

Post by MR. scotland27 Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Great signing for the Chiefs, Camacho was very good this season especially in the second half of the season. I'm just glad he has not gone to France and decided to stay in the Aviva.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Probably the best headline I’ve read on the new site clap

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonharlequin Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 pm

its a shame Quins couldn't keep him, he was a pretty decent player for us!

Londonharlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 pm

I hope Exeter fans don't take this the wrong way, but I find this a bit of an odd move on behalf of the player. He became increasingly important to Quins towards the end of the season who have gained a place in the Heineken Cup next season.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down