The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U20 WC - how many will make it to the pros?

+6
TrailApe
PenfroPete
Cumbrian
Eustace H Plimsoll
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Adam D
10 posters

Go down

U20 WC - how many will make it to the pros? Empty U20 WC - how many will make it to the pros?

Post by Adam D Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:46 pm

Just had a tweet on the rugby twitter account (@606v2rugby) asking me how many of the players in the u20 WC will make it into the pro ranks.

Obviously very hard to put a figure on it but who do you think has stood out and will definitely make it into the top of the pro ranks? (If they havent already).

Thanks to Ryan Jennings for the question.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

U20 WC - how many will make it to the pros? Empty Re: U20 WC - how many will make it to the pros?

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

Scotland - Weir (already there), Bennett (has played for Glasgow in ML), Hogg (likewsie), plus possibly Glenn Bryce, Sean Kennedy (both Stirling County), Hamish Watson (Tigers academy) & James Tyas (Bath academy)

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

U20 WC - how many will make it to the pros? Empty Re: U20 WC - how many will make it to the pros?

Post by Eustace H Plimsoll Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm

I reckon Owen Farrell for England might stand a chance Smile

Eustace H Plimsoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 15 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

I know I’m being optimistic (especially in light of their recent performances) but I think a large chunk of the English U20’s will make it. A good chunk of them are already getting first team experience in the AP and in some cases have made themselves un-droppable. I would say the following are most likely: Henry Thomas (Sale), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Matt Kvesic (Worcester), Alex Gray (Who knows?), Andy Farrel (Saracens)l, George Ford (Leicester), Elliott Daly (Wasps), Jon Joseph (London Irish), Christian Wade (Wasps), Marland Yarde (London Irish) and Ben Ransom (Saracens)
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 15 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t7185-jiggery-siggery-diggery-in-exiles

Click on the 'hidden' link - Irish Signing in the text to open up the full article
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 15 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

Alex Gray (Who knows?),

The bitterness is coming through Cumbrian, you've got to let it go...... Wink
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 15 Jun 2011, 6:59 pm

Oddly not a large % of the last 3 winning NZ teams have made it through to the ITM and Superxv. I don't know the actual figures but the transition seems tough for some.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 15 Jun 2011, 7:13 pm

Taylor,

I think that it's just because it's harder to make it considering all the talent already there.

For Ireland I'd say: O'Halloran, Gilroy, Conway, Macken, Marshall, Hanrahan, Jackson, McKinney, McKeon, Conneelly, Murphy, Annett.

Possibles are Gallagher, Buckley, Doyle, Qualter and Furlong.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:38 pm

Yes we have Cruden, Whitelock, Guilford and Savea making good progress, and probably a few I'm missing as the names seem to go quiet quickly after the tournament.

Guilford I believe will be one of the starts of the World cup. Will be perfect for pool play and will go from there. Pound for pound I reckon the best of the sxv.

An exciting talent. Huge work rate, deceptive pace, an eye for space and a knack for getting himself or someone else over the line.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Montague Withnail Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:14 pm

I know Christian Wade has a three year deal with Wasps, but for me the jury is still out as to whether he will make the step up or not in the long run. He has great talents but they are so raw.

Missing from Cumbrian's list from England was Charlie Matthews, I think he will be a decent pro, although I doubt he will play for England. Assuming he comes back from injury all right, I expect Kieran Low will make it as well.

Mills, Short, Yarde, Jones, Bower, Buchanan and Collier are 50:50 for me I doubt they will all make it but some will.

Twomey, Cook, Robson and Everard frankly do not look all that promising, and I hope they all make me well and truly eat my words.

Montague Withnail

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:00 am

Crusaders- Bleyendaal, Ryan Crotty, Quentin McDonald, Sean Maitland, Tom Marshall

Blues- Luke Braid, Liaki Moli, Mathew Luamanu

Chiefs- Ben Afeaki, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Jackson Willison, Sam Cane

Highlanders- Nasi Manu, Robbie Robinson, Aaron Smith, Lima Sopoaga, Shaun Treeby, Telusa Veainu

Hurricanes- Beauden Barrett, Aaron Cruden, Daniel Kirkpatrick, Charlie Ngatai, Julian Savea, Andre Taylor

A lot more will be found at NPC level and I think more will flood in over the next few years.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:10 am

Add LukeWhitelock, Adam Whitelock,Anscombe all there or there abouts,how many of the last 4 JWC Baby Blacksnot figured at least at ITM level or s!5 wider training Camps.What i`ve seen of Tom Marshall he could be a bolter for 3Ns or RWC given FB injury cover doubts.Toeva,Dagg,Cory Jane.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down