The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** WI vs India *** 5th and Final ODI Live thread

4 posters

Go down

*** WI vs India *** 5th and Final ODI Live thread Empty *** WI vs India *** 5th and Final ODI Live thread

Post by hokeye_on sticky wicket Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Thursday, 16 June 2011
5th ODI
West Indies v India, Jamiaca 15:00 UK time

India lost the fourth ODI in Antigua on Monday by humiliating 103 runs,but this will have no impact on the outcome of the series as India had already bagged the series by taking an unassailable 3-1 lead. India will be looking for 4-1 series win to finish the last odi in the series with a good note.

Chris Gayle ,the person most of the Caribbean and the cricket world want to see, will again not play despite this is his home ground.Looks like he is again been ignored for selection. He was supposed to have had his meeting with the WICB the day after West Indies won the fourth ODI. The fifth ODI matters little now, but the standoff will continue to weaken West Indies during the Test series...

Following the conclusion of the ODIs, the three-match Test series between the two sides will begin at the Sabina Park from June 20.

WI from:
Darren Sammy (c),Carlton Baugh (wk),Devendra Bishoo,Dwayne Bravo,Darren Bravo,Kirk Edwards,Anthony Martin, Kieron Pollard,Ravi Rampaul,Andre Russell,Marlon Samuels,Ramnaresh Sarwan,Lendl Simmons

India from:
Suresh Raina (c), Harbhajan Singh (vc),Ravichandran Ashwin, Subramaniam Badrinath,Shikhar Dhawan,Virat Kohli,Praveen Kumar,Amit Mishra,Munaf Patel,Parthiv Patel (wk),Yusuf Pathan, Wriddhiman Saha (wk),Ishant Sharma,Rohit Sharma,Manoj Tiwary,Vinay Kumar

Your comments on the match and the series......

hokeye_on sticky wicket

Back to top Go down

*** WI vs India *** 5th and Final ODI Live thread Empty Re: *** WI vs India *** 5th and Final ODI Live thread

Post by hokeye_on sticky wicket Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 pm

The margin by which Ind lost the 4th odi(103runs) is very embarrasing,looking at the quality of players. The team is not looking solid as I thiught...still plenty to learn....

hokeye_on sticky wicket

Back to top Go down

*** WI vs India *** 5th and Final ODI Live thread Empty Re: *** WI vs India *** 5th and Final ODI Live thread

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Raina use your bloody brain and play Kohli or Rohit as opener, not Manoj Tiwary.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 am

Can't wait for the tests to start Very Happy

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by hokeye_on sticky wicket Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Ind 251 all out.Could have been better but still defensible total.

Going to be a good contest.Ind will have to field tight if they want to win this last odi.

hokeye_on sticky wicket

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Shocking batting collapse by India...again.

Kohli and Rohit should be pretty disappointed, both had 100s within reach and gave their wickets away.

Fletcher needs to ditch Yusuf Pathan ASAP. Why can't just wildly slog in International cricket.

Raina's captaincy is rather dreadful. He can't get the correct bowlers bowling at the right time.

Vinay Kumar please retire, you are toilet.

Plus points, nice knocks by Sarwan and Darren Bravo.

Nice to see the Cool Dude in the crowd cheering on his side. Shame he wasn't playing

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 pm

An amazing caricature of Chris Gayle there in the crowd...anyone see it? zen

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 pm

i hope the west indies board see sense and recall chris gayle.. for the sake of international cricket

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i hope the west indies board see sense and recall chris gayle.. for the sake of international cricket
WICB aren't know to be very smart at the best of times.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:57 pm

i no its a shame relle

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:00 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i no its a shame relle
Its a shame for the paying fans who are at the stadium as well.

When you see Windies vs India on paper you think Gayle, Chanderpaul, Roach etc.

Yet Gayle and Chanderpaul are nowhere to be seen.

Pathetic if you ask me. And I'd be wanting my hard earnt cash back.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:01 pm

you know what mate for the first time ever i think we agree on something Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:you know what mate for the first time ever i think we agree on something Smile

Yahoo

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:08 pm

jerome taylor is a real talent that should probably be back in the side injuries permitting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down