The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fed in London 2011

5 posters

Go down

Fed in London 2011 Empty Fed in London 2011

Post by gallery play Fri 17 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

So are we happy with the draw? Surely we have to wait for the first couple of games and see how Fed moves and hits the ball but for now i don't think he'll miss the final.

However, there were probably a lot of high fives in team Nadal when the draw came out. It's likely Federer will take care of Djoko, just what they hoped for..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Fed in London 2011 Empty Re: Fed in London 2011

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

Djoko won't be easy. I would make fed slight favourite on grass but it's gonna b another close one, providing they both get there.

Also, i'm not sure how much to make of fed's FO. He played really well, but I think a lot of that was due to the balls. Being lighter and faster, they allowed him to hit more freely and with more pace. Apparently the balls at W will be slow and heavy. I wish they would use faster ones. The grass is ridiculously slow as it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropicalfruiter Sun 19 Jun 2011, 1:24 am

emancipator wrote:Djoko won't be easy. I would make fed slight favourite on grass but it's gonna b another close one, providing they both get there.

Apparently the balls at W will be slow and heavy. I wish they would use faster ones. The grass is ridiculously slow as it is.

Yes, doom and gloom I am afraid for Fed fans like me. The grass is slower than clay is. What a depressing way to end up his career, bogged down in the grass. Sad
I am off to youtube to watch 2003 final again.

Tropicalfruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:33 pm

Ah Roger is playing against his one-time rival and nemesis (Nadal is the sole owner of this title) on Saturday. Although Nalbandian is no where near to the great standard of tennis that he played in the early 2000s, this should still be a great test for the Roger.

I hope that Roger can summon all of his experience to negotiate this tricky third round fixture.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Mon 27 Jun 2011, 12:24 am

Indeed he did and easily defeated Nalbandian was!

As it happens, it wasn't so tricky after all.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

Decent win over Youzhny; the Colonel played well. Fed looked a bit subdued though.

I rate his chances here at no greater that 25%. The balls are simply far too slow for his game now, at almost 30.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down