The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the future of slater/gabriel/barrett?

+6
talkingpoint
Gregers
Fernando
Crimey
legendkillar
DOYLE192
10 posters

Go down

the future of slater/gabriel/barrett? Empty the future of slater/gabriel/barrett?

Post by DOYLE192 Fri 17 Jun 2011, 7:16 pm

Well with the demise of the corre last week, what do you guys reckon the future holds for these three?

Obviously the one i would think will be most successful if barret, even though hes kinda lost all his momentum that he had built up last year with the old nexus. I think he really needs to win this sunday against big zeke or its just going to end up another fued in which he comes out second best.

Slater.. i dont see doing anything great. Maybe a few more tag title fueds before being shipped to superstars and then who knows ( or cares for that matter) .... probaly end up FE'D.

The tough one is justin gabriel. I mean he has the in ring skills to be a good midcarder... say US or IC champion. Though the problem is hes been in the wwe over a year now and hes barely had any singles matches... just short meaningless tag matches with the likes off kozlov and santino. Would the wwe really be able to build him up into a genuine mid/upper card threat?

Whats your guys thoughts?

Last edited by DOYLE192 on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

the future of slater/gabriel/barrett? Empty Re: the future of slater/gabriel/barrett?

Post by legendkillar Fri 17 Jun 2011, 9:52 pm

Keep Slater and Gabriel as a tag team. Not much going on in the division and it could help give it some much needed competition.

Barrett I can see given a run as IC Champ again. It is silly to fire them without any real run on their own.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

the future of slater/gabriel/barrett? Empty Re: the future of slater/gabriel/barrett?

Post by Crimey Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

I really hope Barrett can regain the momentum that has been buried repeatedly, hopefully without a stable behind him Wade can get going properly and push on as he has talent IMO. He's a decent wrestler and good on the mic, he should be at the very least an upper mid-carder.

I think Heath Slater is the least likely to go on to be successful, he is bland and I am actually surprised he has lasted as long as he has.

Justin Gabriel SHOULD be the easiest to keep going, but that doesn't neccesarily mean WWE succeed. He is the natural successor to the Jeff Hardy role, he's a good high-flyer. I think they should keep him off-screen for a bit and then return a bit later as a face, saving somebody from another heel.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:00 pm

well there's a report that trevor murdoch is returning to wwe so maybe heath could team with him?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

As long as we get to carry on seeing Gabriels gorgeous 450 splash I don't care.

450 Splash > SSP

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

I can see barrett main eventing on SD against the likes of Orton over the next few months - They seem to have done a good job with turning Sheamus' fortunes around recently and he is being booked quite strongly again, so I don't think his current lack of momentum will hold him back too much, especially if WWE are intent on pushing him.

Heath Slater has jobber and FE'd written all over him and his new ring attire is plain aweful.

Justin Gabriel has a lot of potential, personally I would like to see him in a feud with Sin Cara once Sin Cara is more established. A feud with the high flying Sin Cara could do a lot for Gabriel who I'm sure could hang with the likes of Sin Cara and would get a small, if not insignificant push because of it. Eventually he could feud with the likes of Cody Rhodes or have him move to Raw in the draft next year and feud with the likes of Kingston or Evan Bourne.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat 18 Jun 2011, 5:01 pm

Well the guys must think something of Heather Slater, I mean he did hold the FCW title and not many guys in development get to hold that.

For Now I'd get Heath & Justin togther for the next 6-9 months or so. Its pretty obvious to me that Justin Gabriel has the tools to make something of himself, but for the time being there's nothing wrong keeping them togther, Both are still young, So they could both be around for the next 10 years.

As for Heath Slator, I would keep in in tag team wrestling. There's nothing wrong with that(James Storm has done it through out TNA wrestling ) I mean if i was a WWE Superstar I'd rather stay in and out of tag teams throughout my time there instead of waiting around for creative to think of something. Id keep them 2 together and matbe turn Justin face in about 6-9 Months time and let them move on. Im sure Slater could easily fit into another tag team, Maybe Curt Hawkins or Trent if they're both still around.

Barrett Needs a win really on Sunday, The Guy was a real main eventer towards the end of last year and he deserved to be there, And didn't look out of place what so ever. I'd let Jackon loose on Sunday but let him gain the title on Smackdown, with JB & HS costing him it, Then let Wade move onto a fresh feud.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

talkingpoint wrote:I can see barrett main eventing on SD against the likes of Orton over the next few months - They seem to have done a good job with turning Sheamus' fortunes around recently and he is being booked quite strongly again, so I don't think his current lack of momentum will hold him back too much, especially if WWE are intent on pushing him.

I think the turn around of Sheamus' fortunes has a lot to do with getting him off the Raw brand where the head of creative didn't like Sheamus, where as Barrett has been buried on both brands equally. I hope you're right, but I think it'll be a real task to get Barrett into a realistic main eventer.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:07 pm

I could see Slater doing a awful boy band gimmick with maybe Hawkins and Baretta like WCW did with 3 Count.

Not sure about Gabriel, he's got the talents to be a Shawn Michael but will prob go the way of Jannetty.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

If Justin Gabriel has half as great a career as Marty Jannetty he will retire a very lucky guy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

I like them both.

Though I don't know which on is which Very Happy

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down