The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gillespie slates 'whinger' Hussey....

2 posters

Go down

Gillespie slates 'whinger' Hussey.... Empty Gillespie slates 'whinger' Hussey....

Post by Guest Fri 11 Feb 2011, 2:11 pm

Former Australia fast bowler Jason Gillespie has criticised batsman Mike Hussey for "whinging" about his exclusion from their World Cup squad.

Hussey said he was "shocked" and "disappointed" after selectors decided they did not want to take a chance on him recovering from a hamstring injury.

But Gillespie said: "He didn't do himself any favours by coming out and whinging that he wasn't selected.

"He should respect their decision. You can't take your spot for granted."

Hussey, who has scored 4,469 runs in 151 one-day internationals at an average of 51.96, ruptured a hamstring in a one-day international against England in January.

On Tuesday, Cricket Australia selectors left the Western Australia left-hander out of their 15-man squad, replacing him with Callum Ferguson.

I think they were taking a bit risk if they took Mike Hussey and it was disappointing to hear Mike come out and have a crack at the selectors for that

Jason Gillespie

The following day, Hussey expressed his shock at the news, suggesting the selectors should have given him a chance to recover for the latter stages of the tournament, as they did with all-rounder Andrew Symonds at the 2007 World Cup.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/australia/9394210.stm

Back to top Go down

Gillespie slates 'whinger' Hussey.... Empty Re: Gillespie slates 'whinger' Hussey....

Post by eirebilly Fri 11 Feb 2011, 4:27 pm

To be fair, Dizzy has a point but he really is an annoying character.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Gillespie slates 'whinger' Hussey.... Empty Re: Gillespie slates 'whinger' Hussey....

Post by Pal Joey Sat 12 Feb 2011, 10:57 am

It also doesn't help if a reporter sticks a microphone in your face whilst you are looking for your luggage at the airport and asks the 'how do you feel about the decision to drop you...?' question.

'Shocked' and 'disappointed' are fair comments in that context.

I don't believe Dizzy's comments are fair to Hussey. Anyone would 'sound like a whinger' in that scenario. What else could he say?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 12 Feb 2011, 8:21 pm

True Linebreaker. I honestly think that you guys will miss Hussey. Dizzy just irritates me.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 Feb 2011, 1:35 am

Punter in fine form at the Bangalore press conference - it must really rile the Indians when he sounds so confident. thumbsup

It should be an entertaining warm up match today. Means nothing I know - but it does carry a few 'psychological points' especially if Australia manages to win.

On the other hand, I hope Australia put up a good fight and don't get thrashed - although they do have a good record at Bangalore.

I hope Dizzy is not part of the commentary team...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 Feb 2011, 9:34 am

I like the aussie commentary, especially Bill Lawry. When i was in Australia he was always on. One of the funniest things i have ever heard was 'The 12th man' i have them here and it still cracks me up.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 Feb 2011, 11:11 am

The Aussies arent doing too badly so far. India 130/5
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 Feb 2011, 11:18 am

2 wickets for Lee in one over. India struggeling at 136/7
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 5:28 pm

to be fair to Hussey, its odd he was left out especially as Symonds kept his place in a world cup squad when he was injured..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 5:46 pm

welcome to the board cricketfan90 :friend:
Good to see you joined and please tell your friends about the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 Feb 2011, 6:51 pm

I cant believe that the Aussies lost today, they were cruising along and then it all fell apart...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down