The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who will win the barclays premier league !

+27
A Fine Folk.
Mad for Chelsea
czaree
Carrotdude
Shifty
GG
Sugar Floyd Louis
aja424
Liam_Main
Gaelic-Warrior
antoineclarke
Tranquil Chaos
d260005p
Jammy31
Gregers
fantantonio
Smirnoffpriest
dancingweeman
Doon the Water
Forward Pass
AberdeenSteve
Corporalhumblebucket
User Name
TractorBoyOlly
Crimey
legendkillar
Fernando
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

who will win the premier league

who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap4%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap1%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap0%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap2%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap9%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 10 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap1%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap0%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap6%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap15%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 17 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap43%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 50 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap3%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap3%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap5%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]
who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_lcap2%who will win the barclays premier league !  Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 115

who will win the barclays premier league !  Empty who will win the barclays premier league !

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:21 pm

will it be another year of domination for Manchester United or will they be dethrone by their city rival Manchester City.

could it be the year the title returns to london with chelsea or could it be Arsenal's time to end their trophy drought?

could Spurs and Liverpool ruin everyone's parade and steal a march on the top guys

Last edited by fernando on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

who will win the barclays premier league !  Empty Re: who will win the barclays premier league !

Post by legendkillar Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

Will Man Utd declare Howard Webb as a squad member this year? laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

who will win the barclays premier league !  Empty Re: who will win the barclays premier league !

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:36 pm

legendkillar wrote:Will Man Utd declare Howard Webb as a squad member this year? laughing

going by ryan babel's picture on twitter id say he was signed on a multi year deal at utd estimate worth 9 goals a season Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:48 pm

Unfortunatly I think it will be United again this year, no team seems that strong, but United have that extra thing that just means they can play badly all year but still end up winning the whole thing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:51 pm

I went for Man City. Got a squad together now and everything seems quiet, which for me as a little sign that things have settled down and that the squad are gelling together.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by TractorBoyOlly Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

I think Liverpool are in with a real shout, particuarly after the way Dalglish got them playing in the 2nd half of last season.

TractorBoyOlly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 6:23 am

As a M.United fan I have to choose them but I think Chelsea and Arsenal will be our main rivals again.

City may be making leaps and bounds but they will do what Spurs did last year and struggle with balancing the Champions League and the Premiership and maybe bottle the top4 finish.

Spurs just edge Liverpool out for the fight for 4th spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sat 18 Jun 2011, 6:50 am

It will be City or United, not sure yet.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

Or QPR or West Brom Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:03 am

C'mon the Bolton!! Yahoo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Sun 19 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

Utd to win no.20
But another close title race
L/pool & Arsenal to come close
Chelsea/City/spurs 4-5-6
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

If Swansea win will they change the name to E&WPL

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

Currently, more people think Wigan will win that Arsenal.

Excellent!

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:20 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Unfortunatly I think it will be United again this year, no team seems that strong, but United have that extra thing that just means they can play badly all year but still end up winning the whole thing.

Yeah it's called Howard Webb!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

Who voted for Arsenal? I can understand QPR and Swansea, but Arsenal?

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

In my opinion, obviously could change given transfers etc:

1) Chelsea
2) Man U
3) Man City
4) Liverpool
5) Spurs
6) Everton
7) Arsenal
8.) Stoke
9) Bolton
10) Fulham
11) Newcastle
12) West Brom
13) Aston Villa
14) Sunderland
15) QPR
16) Blackburn
17) Wolves
18.) Wigan
19) Norwich
20) Swansea

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:22 pm

Awww yeah! 3 people voted for Q.P.R Yahoo

Guess it could be our year this year! Whistle
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:36 am

Forward Pass wrote:Utd to win no.20
But another close title race
L/pool & Arsenal to come close
Chelsea/City/spurs 4-5-6

You think Chelsea are going to be pipped by Liverpool and Arsenal?? Not a chance. Arsenal maybe but defo not Liverpool. Maybe in a couple of seasons.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:36 am

I'd say Arsenal have a good shout of challenging Chelsea and finishing above them, but as said it will take time for this Liverpool squad to settle down and be strengthened, particularly in defence.

It will be interesting to see how Man C go, as if everything comes together they could walk every comp (except the CL), but if it doesn't then it could be the same this season with them battling for CL qualification

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

mmm, as much as i hate to say it, i think manu will get no 20, their closest competitors will probably be chelsea again, but that depends on iftorres returns to form, as well as his injury problems, liverpool i think will get a cl place,it just depends on how people like downing settle down, and suarez continues to show his promise, city had an overreliance on tevez last year, alot of how their season will go will depend on if aguero can replace him, and arsenal are the team i feeel will miss out, especially if they allow the fabregas saga to drag out again so they dont have time to get a replacement in
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:56 am

Liverpool let in 3 goals in a friendly against not great opposition (OK we got 6). Playing like Spurs under Ardiles isn't going to win PL.

If defence is sorted out then we have a shout. If not forget it. Blackpool did double on us last season....

Same true for Arsenal: Wenger never seems to have built a defence, he inherited Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Bould or Keown, Dixon.

Which *gagging at the thought* vomit leaves Chelski, M*n *td, or Man City.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

Liverpool let in 3 goals in a friendly against not great opposition

A friendly though? Can't really judge it on a friendly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:07 pm

A friendly though? Can't really judge it on a friendly.

Well it's the only form available, but I'd prefer 3-0.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:22 am

Interesting, Liverpool and Utd are leading the poll, I would've expected a lot more votes for city. I voted for the reds but unfortunately I think fergie's mob will get number 20. Kenny got us back on track last season and I'm quite positive about about Downing and charlie adam. It was only a friendly antoineclarke, I wouldn't take too much out of it. Regardless I'm still expecting a decent season ahead.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:28 am

antoineclarke wrote:
Same true for Arsenal: Wenger never seems to have built a defence, he inherited Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Bould or Keown, Dixon.

What about the Lauren, Toure, Campbell, Cole defence I think that was a pretty good defence with Viera in front of it that Wenger built. Won a few things as well as i recall.

I also don't think you can take anything from friendlies as the players aren't focused on being competitive but merely getting fit and trying out their training ground moves.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:45 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
antoineclarke wrote:

What about the Lauren, Toure, Campbell, Cole defence I think that was a pretty good defence with Viera in front of it that Wenger built. Won a few things as well as i recall.

I also don't think you can take anything from friendlies as the players aren't focused on being competitive but merely getting fit and trying out their training ground moves.

Arsenal have played prettier football but won less. At Liverpool, we want the Premier League winning 1-0 (36 times with a deflected mis-kick) and drawing away 0-0 a couple of times, not finishing fourth by scoring goal of the month for each month of the season and losing to Norwich and Swansea at home. Once we have the Premiership, then we can try playing "you score three, we'll score six" with Barca and co.

Some decent signings so far (especially the keeper Doni), but two top notch defenders needed. And they need to work together.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:42 am

Sorry antoine but what has your response that Arsenal play pretty football but don't win anything got to do with my comment that Wenger has built a good/great defence in his time?

I didn't see anybody on this forum argue that Liverpool should play pretty football or that pretty football is more effective than any other type of football. Although I will say that although Arsenal haven't won anything for 6 years they've been a damn sight closer than a lot of other teams that spend a great deal more - 3 finals, and 3 years where we were the strongest challenger in the Prem to the eventual winner.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 22 Jul 2011, 10:29 am

@Smirnoffpriest

Arsenal are a very good side and have done quite well.

No arguments there.

And developing talent? I'd advise any young player to go to Arsenal.

But Wenger's early success was made easier by inheriting a very strong defence. I'm saying Liverpool need the same. And I think Arsenal have not prioritised this enough. But that's just my opinion.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

Yes but after that defence retired Wenger built a new one and did the invincible season as I previously stated. He also bought a number of good defenders in his time. Goalkeeper is his main weakness as he's signed a lot of shockers, but I'm hopeful that Fab and Szczneczny(sp?) are comign good.

Arsenal have also spent a huge amount less than a lot of teams that have finished above and below them (Man U, Chelsea, Man C above, Liverpool, Spurs, even Newcastle below)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

Who cares
Now the Murdoch bubble is bust they will all be broke within 5 years.
Overpaid egomaniacs the lot of them.

I know, why don't they have and English Premier League that has some English players~ that's a new idea.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:40 am

too hard to call

We always end up there or there abouts at the end but this year with a new keeper and still no investment in the middle of midfield despite losing scholes, I wouldn't want to put my money on United

Chelsea - new manager so new ideas, Torres will be looking at proving a lot of doubters wrong, squad as a whole will want that title back

Liverpool - are they really back under Dalglish? Performance in 2nd half of last season proves they have the ability and will need to find that on a consistent basis. Some good investment since January, we already know how good Suarez is but I have a feeling that a Downing and Carroll combo will lead the assists and scorers charts this year

City - Quiet so far this summer with only the two signings made. As long as he doesn't interrupt what he built last season with a load of new players they should maintain their progress and be challenging this year. Tevez will be a loss but Kun Aguero would be an ideal replacement for them. He has a better attitude as well

Arsenal - Have signed Gervinho who looks to be a good buy, however shadows hang over thr futures of Cesc and Nasri, that sort of thing can't be positive heading into a season. Need this sorting ASAP as they will surely need to buy to replace despite Wengers unwillingness to spend big in teh transfer market

Spurs - For me they can maybe get a top four spot but some way of challenging for the league. They have class in Bale and Van Der Vaart, and have some other talented players in the squad. But the problem is they have a keeper who while he can save them 8 or 9 points a season he can also cost them the same figure, and the guy they have brought in to replace him, while still a good keeper is 41??? They don't have a striker who you can rely to dig them out of the sh!t when needed and bag them 20+ goals a season, defoe, crouch and Pav blow hot and cold and are too inconsistent.

Just my opinion though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:36 am

i voted for an outsider i went for arsenal

however my team arent in the premier leage this season Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:58 pm

Still can't see past Man United to be honest with Chelsea being a near 2nd
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

I'm going with the old superstition of 3rd time lucky.
This will be my 3rd season as a MAN CITY supporter and think we have all that it takes to win the league.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

aja424 wrote:I'm going with the old superstition of 3rd time lucky.
This will be my 3rd season as a MAN CITY supporter and think we have all that it takes to win the league.

Who did you support previously? Chelsea?

I'm guessing follow the money. laughing
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

Lets revive this thread a tad.

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal

18. Swansea
19. Wolves
20. QPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal

18. Norwich
19. West Brom
20. Swansea.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

1.united
2.chelsea
3.arsenal
4.liverpool
5.city
6. everton
7.spurs

18. wba
19. norwich
20.wigan

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:19 am

I love the way every season for the past 4? people have said Arsenal will finish outside the top 4,5,6 (and I've seen posts here saying 7th below Everton) yet without spending a great deal they've consistently finished Top 4, and usually been challenging for the title until Feb/March time.

I am usually a pessimist with Arsenal and they always exceed my expectations, which is why I'm being more optimistic this year.

1. United (as much as it pains me)
2.Arsenal
3. M City
4. Chelsea
5. L/Pool
6. Spurs
7. Bolton
(as much as I'd like to see Everton being in the top 6/7 I don't think they've got the funds to strengthen their team adequately)

Wigan, Swans, Norwich (in no particular order)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm

IF LIVERPOOL WIN THE LEAGUE THEN I WILL SHAG CHERY COLE.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

1 Man u
2 Man c
3 Chelsea
4 Liverpool
5 Arsenal
6 Spurs
18 Swansea
19 Wigan
20 QPR

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:44 pm

Swansea! who will win the barclays premier league !  Nopity11
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:37 pm

My top 6:

Utd
City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal

This seems to be the general consensus but I can't see anything different happening apart from possibly City/Utd swapping places and Spurs/Arsenal doing the same. Not really convinced by Spurs or Arsenal but I don't think anyone else is strong enough to challenge for 5th/6th, Everton possibly. I think from 7th down to 15th will be very close, being a Wolves fan I hope we are in that bracket somewhere rather than the bottom 5.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by czaree Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:24 am

City reminds of the old Chelsea of Mourinho early years. They have come good this season finally. Aguero and Nasri have fitted in seamlessly. That performance against Spurs was brilliant.

czaree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:07 am

Swansea have more votes than Arsenal laughing

Chelsea are improving with every match so far, will be bang in it at the end of the season, believe me...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Really think this season will be the tightest in a long time. Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea. Never bet against United, City look at the top of their game, and have the strongest squad, Torres could hit form for Chelsea and who knows what they will do in January?

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:26 pm

My vote goes to Manchester United.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 19 Nov 2011, 3:42 pm

Man Utd should win it although i expect Man City to run them close
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by matth7 Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:36 am

we ( united ) should win it, we've had a cope without half our team and we are level on points with city most teams in the top 10 would struggl with our injury situation

matth7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:22 am

Definately still think City. Man Utd still have to play a lot of the better teams away from home.

Yaya Toure has been a miss for City and he only misses one more game too.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next