The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the footbal manager as we know it dying out?

3 posters

Go down

Is the footbal manager as we know it dying out? Empty Is the footbal manager as we know it dying out?

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:31 pm

I have just heard Harry Redknapp being interviewed on TalkSport and it made interesting listening.

Redknapp admitted that he has NO say in incoming and outgoing transfers at spurs and I quote 'I can't spend even 50 quid, It's down to Daniel Levy'

So are the days when a manager identifies and makes a final decision regarding player employment coming to an absolute end?

Back to top Go down

Is the footbal manager as we know it dying out? Empty Re: Is the footbal manager as we know it dying out?

Post by Nay Sat 18 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

Or is it so Modric does not feel disillusioned with Harry if he is not allowed to leave.

I suspect harry will have a say on players

Nay

Back to top Go down

Is the footbal manager as we know it dying out? Empty Re: Is the footbal manager as we know it dying out?

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 7:26 pm

Nay Bother wrote:Or is it so Modric does not feel disillusioned with Harry if he is not allowed to leave.

I suspect harry will have a say on players

It's an interesting one. I was mulling this over with my mate the other day regarding Liverpool's signings. While Dalglish may give a nod of approval I suspect Damien Comolli is the one that ultimately brings them in.

Last edited by FreekShow on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:52 pm

I think the 'ultimate control' aspect certainly is... The only guy who has the say on all aspects of the football club is Ferguson & to a certain extent Wenger.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:53 pm

I think it started to die once Football Directors became the new craze.

Chairman at any football club have always decided the level of investment into any squad. It is sensible that they should too as it is them that is handling investors money.

Harry needs to think back to Pompey and look at how terribly wrong it has gone. At any time if the investors decide to pull the plug, clubs will be in big big trouble.

The thing is managers are not accountants. That is where the manager shows true worth. Look at Ferguson and Benitez. Ferguson never blamed the boardroom antics when they weren't winning the league from 04-06. Benitez blamed the board when results weren't going his way.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:52 pm

legendkillar wrote:I think it started to die once Football Directors became the new craze.

Chairman at any football club have always decided the level of investment into any squad. It is sensible that they should too as it is them that is handling investors money.

Harry needs to think back to Pompey and look at how terribly wrong it has gone. At any time if the investors decide to pull the plug, clubs will be in big big trouble.

The thing is managers are not accountants. That is where the manager shows true worth. Look at Ferguson and Benitez. Ferguson never blamed the boardroom antics when they weren't winning the league from 04-06. Benitez blamed the board when results weren't going his way.

Nice point....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down