The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds?

+6
sportslover
Haddie-nuff
noleisthebest
davidl1061
legendkillar
Tenez
10 posters

Go down

Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds? Empty Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds?

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:42 pm

I actually like his commentary more and more and the way he speaks his mind a bit more than others.

He is very knowledgeable.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds? Empty Re: Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds?

Post by legendkillar Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 pm

laughing

He is dreadful!

I think if he was more 'technical' he wouldn't be so bad.

Though, it could be the true Brit me in that has never warmed to him.

Convince me Tenez in comparison to the other commentators the BBC have Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds? Empty Re: Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds?

Post by davidl1061 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 am

I enjoy listening to him on commentary, he fits in well with the other commentators

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:55 am

I dislike Rusedski, he tries too hard and has zero charm and flare.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:14 am

He is total rubbish he called Soderling Federer once this afternoon

He opens his mouth before his brain is in gear..

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:He is total rubbish he called Soderling Federer once this afternoon

He opens his mouth before his brain is in gear..

It isn't surprising - he probably has RF tattooed on his rear-end Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:He is total rubbish he called Soderling Federer once this afternoon

I thought you woudl have liked that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 am

Tenez wrote:

Now remind me ... what was it you said about sarcasm??? lowest form of wit isn´t it... but then it would be coming from you Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds? 1505004552

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:34 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Now remind me ... what was it you said about sarcasm??? lowest form of wit isn´t it... but then it would be coming from you Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds? 1505004552

You want sarcasm how about:

Haddie-Tenez Hug

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by superochog Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:34 am

He often says "even Federer would have approved of that" when any players hit a good shot mad

superochog

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 am

The initital comment SL was totally uncalled for

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 am

superochog wrote:He often says "even Federer would have approved of that" when any players hit a good shot Greg Rusedski as a commentator....better than he sounds? 980425

But that was not what he said

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 am

He's better than Henman...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 am

lydian wrote:He's better than Henman...

I would argue that one lydian - For a start he is British and he does have a hill named after him Wink

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:29 am

I like Greg too. Is he better then Henman I don't know, but I like Greg's clear voice and quite straight commentary.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am

I wasn't a big fan at first but the more I listen the more he knows his stuff.

And now I am going to be even more controversial but I was listening to Cash during Queens and he said many true things about balls, court pace and how a shame the game variety died off because of slow conds. He agreed that we should not return to the 90s but find something in between.

I coudl not stand him for years but even he ages well.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:06 am

Rusedski talks like an automated public information terminal. Dedicated to factoids on serving.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:08 am

At Queens Cash ruined matches with his verbal diarrhoea but I too was surprised that amidst all the seemingly random association there was a fair amount of incite.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down