The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Towzer's Prediction League, easily the quickest, updated an hour after the fights

+13
Scottrf
coxy0001
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
BALTIMORA
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Michaels, Sean
compelling and rich
Snakeyman123
paperbag_puncher
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TRUSSMAN66
Young_Towzer
17 posters

Go down

Towzer's Prediction League, easily the quickest, updated an hour after the fights Empty Towzer's Prediction League, easily the quickest, updated an hour after the fights

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:36 pm

Hi there, this is a new thread made to give you tips on the Boxing, feel free to hand out your opinions on the fights of this weekend and the future
This weekend sees these fights

Devon Alexander vs Lucas Matthysse Light Welterweights
Verdict: Alexander on Points
Devon should have enough speed, ability to see off the rugged Lucas

Tavoris Cloud vs Usaf Mack IBF Light Heavyweight title
Verdict: Cloud stoppage round 3
Cloud in with mediocre opponents again and should be too good and powerful

Kell Brook vs Lovemore Ndou Welterweights
Verdict: Kell Brook stoppage round 6
Brook by TKO/KO
Brook will be the first man to stop Ndou imo, this is a british ring, a few unanswered shots from the angles Brook punches from and the fight will be ovver as they say in Yorkshire, seriously though i can't see Brook not getting him out of there, maybe late on, but round 6 could be worth a few quid.

Felix Sturm vs Matthew Macklin WBA Middleweight title
Verdict: Macklin stoppage round 10 33/1
Macklin by TKO/KO
Macklin looks huge compared to Sturm and will bring the pressure that Sturm's last few opponents havent. I just see Macklin being a bit too aggressive and young for the German with a late stoppage.

Last edited by Young_Towzer on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:18 am; edited 4 times in total

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Towzer's Prediction League, easily the quickest, updated an hour after the fights Empty Re: Towzer's Prediction League, easily the quickest, updated an hour after the fights

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

Brook ko 4
Cloud ko 7
Sturm w12
Alexander ko9

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Towzer's Prediction League, easily the quickest, updated an hour after the fights Empty Re: Towzer's Prediction League, easily the quickest, updated an hour after the fights

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:08 pm

Alexander on points, Matthyse is a durable opponent and Devon has a reasonable dig but will probably be cautious in his comeback from his first defeat.

Cloud TKO rounds 7-9, mediocre opposition as you say but cloud has let other fights go all the way against average opposition of late. This one won't get that far, but it won't be early either.

Brook TKO rds 10-12. Bit of a step up for kell. N'Dou is nothing if not tough and I don't think kell has a high enough workrate to stop him early, but he'll dominate the fight and when he's landing clean shots late on he'll get the home stoppage I think.

Sturm UD - never been overly impressed by macklin. Looks talented at times but blows hot and cold, hasn't looked great in his last couple if fights. Sturm has quality fundamentals and is solid but not spectacular. In Germany macklin will either have to box out of his skin or get the ko to win, neither of which I see happening.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm

I think n'dou is looking for a final pay day sweetie..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:45 am

I'll be going with Cloud by KO and Sturm on points. 50 quid nets about 120.

Don't like picking rounds as its pure luck really and can see Cloud getting Mack out of there anytime so not gonna pick a group of rounds.

Brooks gonna win but not really sure how and hes not worth backing outright. Depends on what Lovemore has left but i'll leave that alone.

Will also leave the Alexander fight alone too. Don't like backing someone coming of a loss especially after a maiden loss and against a big puncher. Never know how they'll react although he should really win.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

Macklin's only 10/1 to win in round 4, must be plenty of money going on it.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Macklin's only 10/1 to win in round 4, must be plenty of money going on it.

The patriotic pound...

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

Towzer has put 15 bucks on Macklin winning in the 13th.. 8)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 3:34 pm

Towzer has put 15 bucks on Macklin winning in the 13th.. Cool
It's only a 12 rounder and i'm in england so it would be £15, corrections, corrections 8)

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Towzer has put 15 bucks on Macklin winning in the 13th.. 8)

Does that include him quitting on his stool at the end of the 12th? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:48 pm

I'll take everyone's predictions and put them into a league table, i'll tally the scores up after the friday/saturday fights on a sunday and put the results up.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:26 am

Week 1 Table
Correct Prediction = 2 points

1. Sugar Boy Sweetie 6 PTS
2. Paperbag Puncher 4 PTS
3. Young Towzer 2 PTS
4. Trussman 2 PTS

well done Sugar Boy, hope you had a tenner on the treble you correctly predicted lol!.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:57 am

Ah here I would have given predictions for the other fights if i knew there was a league table involved.......

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

Young Towzer: well done Sugar Boy, hope you had a tenner on the treble you correctly predicted lol!.
--------
Thanks. I did have a bet but Brook failing to stop N'Dou late on messed things up. N'Dou is one tough b**tard thats for sure.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm

didnt see this thread, i had money on brook points and strum points double.

suprised most of you were predicting a brook stoppage, ndou beens in with plenty of good fighters and never been stopped. the only way brook was going to stop him was if the ref jumped in early. i didnt see a knock out in the macklin fight either. both got good chins could only see it going points

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

I'm away next week, going to tenerife so the Haye v Wlad one is the only one i'm doing, however whoever predicts the fight i'll update when i'm back, on the 9th for the Murray v Mitchell fights, plus undercard and Rios fight, etc.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:25 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Towzer has put 15 bucks on Macklin winning in the 13th.. Cool
It's only a 12 rounder and i'm in england so it would be £15, corrections, corrections 8)

Laugh

Total ownage

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

Some good fights this weekend, get predicting! Very Happy
Rios v Antillon
Bute v Mendy
Cintron v Molina
Williams v Lara
Shimoda v Ramos
Gonzalez v Villa
Arreola v Ahunanya

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

don't get it? something doogie howzer has done?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

Feel free to predict these fights for saturday night, as ever the results will be updated straight after all the fights have finished, none of that waiting til monday cobblers.

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell
Tony Bellew vs Ovil McKenzie
Ricky Burns vs Nicky Cook
Frankie Gavin vs Curtis Woodhouse

new competitors welcome, good luck

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:41 am

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell - Murray - TKO - Late

Mitchell has lost his heart for the sport and is not taking it serious anymore. End of.

Tony Bellew vs Ovil McKenzie - Tony Bellew - TKO - Late

Too much on the line for Bellew in regards to Clev. Explosive start and finish from the big lad!

Ricky Burns vs Nicky Cook - Ricky Burns - Points

Another of Franks C-Class opponents for Ricky. Ricky has feather fists and rarely scores knockdowns let alone Knockouts.

Frankie Gavin vs Curtis Woodhouse - Frankie Gavin - TKO - Early

Frankie is miles above Curtis. Mismatch.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 11 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

Murray PTS. Mitchell is a quitter and wont have the heart to keep pace with Murray. Points win or late stoppage, depending on how little fight KM has in him.

Bellow TKO - A more comprehensive showing than last time with a mid round stoppage.

Ricky Burns PTS - One of the worst champs of recent times fights another poor ex champ. Burns couldnt crack an egg. Lop-sided UD

Gavin KO - Too much class. Hope he loses however. He is dull, dull and a bit more dull. Has the Charisma of a peanut and lacks dedication.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:15 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Murray PTS. Mitchell is a quitter and wont have the heart to keep pace with Murray. Points win or late stoppage, depending on how little fight KM has in him.

Bellow TKO - A more comprehensive showing than last time with a mid round stoppage.

Ricky Burns PTS - One of the worst champs of recent times fights another poor ex champ. Burns couldnt crack an egg. Lop-sided UD

Gavin KO - Too much class. Hope he loses however. He is dull, dull and a bit more dull. Has the Charisma of a peanut and lacks dedication.

If only he'd been a quitter when he smashed Prescott up, was there great fight Very Happy
Don't EVER recall him quitting must of had a fight after Katsidis when the referee stepped in after Kev had threw numerous punches back but was fairly beaten. But hey!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

He gave up pretty quickly as soon as Katsidis decided to stop toying with him...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Murray PTS. Mitchell is a quitter and wont have the heart to keep pace with Murray. Points win or late stoppage, depending on how little fight KM has in him.

Burns is the only British World champion to take his title off the top man at his weight. He might be poor but he deserves to be a World champion.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

prettyboykev wrote:

Burns is the only British World champion to take his title off the top man at his weight. He might be poor but he deserves to be a World champion.

Burns isn't poor kev he's world class he proved that on the night, you entering your predictions kev?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:24 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:He gave up pretty quickly as soon as Katsidis decided to stop toying with him...
That must mean Hatton quit against Mayweather then, because Mitchell was certainly throwing more back at the time of the stoppage? of course it doesn't mean neither guy quit madness. If your not quoted do me a favour and go make an article on Mitchell in your view been a quitter and don't clutter my article up, it's for predictions, feel free to make a prediction by all means, but if you wanna talk Mitchell been a quitter which imo is wumming make an article.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:25 pm

Towzer

Why are you running a duplicate thread? Everyone seems keen on Unions, so why are you trying to make some slightly immature point about the time it takes him to get the results up?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:25 pm

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell- Murray stoppage in the middle rounds for me. Mitchell has been out for just over a year and Murray is strong and loves throwing punches. Mitchell can use excuses but he was well short against Katsidis who is just short of World class himself.

Tony Bellew vs Ovil McKenzie- Bellew early KO I can see Bellew being right up for this and coming out flying I think he will get a shot at Cleverly if he wins this and so does he.

Ricky Burns vs Nicky Cook- Burns UD to good for a guy who was never that good anyway. Burns won't stop him because he doesn't have the power but I can't see Cook causing Ricky any troubles.

Frankie Gavin vs Curtis Woodhouse- Gavin stoppage late. I can see Gavin landing to often and being to elusive for Woodhouse and the ref stepping in late when Gavins punch accuracy starts taking it's toll.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Towzer

Why are you running a duplicate thread? Everyone seems keen on Unions, so why are you trying to make some slightly immature point about the time it takes him to get the results up?
Because he's a loser?

(no offense intended to any other users of this board)

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Burns isn't poor kev he's world class he proved that on the night, you entering your predictions kev?

Just did it mate. He is poor by World champion standards but he did beat the top man albeit at a poor weight. I've been to a lot of Burns fights he has improved an awful lot since he changed trainer to Billy Nelson. He knows he doesn't have the power but he usually has height and reach on his side and he has pretty quick hands. Nelson has worked on the things Burns did well and improved him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

Go and make an article on me making a thread if you have a problem, instead of cluttering this one up. I made the thread over 3 weeks ago, i wanted to make the thread and made it, end of story, don't like it, don't come on the article. My thread is about 10 times faster than Union's and is free for anyone to have a go, they don't have to, so don't if you don't want to. Goodbye

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Because he's a loser?

(no offense intended to any other users of this board)

Thanks a lot, reported

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:45 pm

It was a question, not a statement. I happen to think you're a valued member.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:It was a question, not a statement. I happen to think you're a valued member.

I think you're half right there Scott

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:It was a question, not a statement. I happen to think you're a valued member.

I happen to think Diana Vickers is hot, both of us are alone in our respective opinions i guess.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

Let's back it up, Fellas.

I originally wondered whether two ' Prediction ' threads should stand simultaneously and, after thinking about it, decided to let them both stand. Young_Towzer didn't like Union's and was critical of it. By the same token, some don't like Young_Towzer's.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that one thread would be better, but if we can't stop bickering then the solution would appear to be to let both stand and let each member choose to which one he wishes to contribute.

In any event, the bickering has to stop.

Thank you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Let's back it up, Fellas.

I originally wondered whether two ' Prediction ' threads should stand simultaneously and, after thinking about it, decided to let them both stand. Young_Towzer didn't like Union's and was critical of it. By the same token, some don't like Young_Towzer's.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that one thread would be better, but if we can't stop bickering then the solution would appear to be to let both stand and let each member choose to which one he wishes to contribute.

In any event, the bickering has to stop.

Thank you.

I wouldn't say i don't like it Windy, it's just i know for a fact this will be quicker and more fan friendly in terms of they'll wake up either an hour after the fights selected for predictions have finished or on the sunday and see the table updated straight away, nobody is forced to have a go, if they don't want a go then they don't have to, it really does what it says on the thread Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

That's fair enough, Young_Towzer, but it cuts both ways. Nobody is forced to have a go at Union's, either, so his shouldn't be criticized any more than yours should.

My only interest here is that we cut out the infighting. We now have a Q & A with Martinez and we have the potential to attract many new members. This isn't Eastside, with its effing and blinding, and it isn't going to be.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:49 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:That's fair enough, Young_Towzer, but it cuts both ways. Nobody is forced to have a go at Union's, either, so his shouldn't be criticized any more than yours should.

My only interest here is that we cut out the infighting. We now have a Q & A with Martinez and we have the potential to attract many new members. This isn't Eastside, with its effing and blinding, and it isn't going to be.

Windy their was never these problems when I ran the prediction league. I just had to put up with Coxy moaning at me. I ran a tight ship. Take no prisoners was my motto.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

And a splendid motto it is, kev.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:54 pm

what is with all this red writing stuff......real eye sore...

only need one thread like this and as I'm 2nd in the other why don't we keep that one... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

It's a new policy, Truss.

When mods / admins post sporting opinions we are to use regular text, but when we are exercising mod or admin business we are to use red text.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

I just had to put up with Coxy moaning at me

Look, 606 is synonomous with me having a whinge - deal with it! Wink

Will hopefully be out of this office, if i hear the moaning git near me claim he's ruptured ligaments and then walk round the office with a very minor limp i may staple individually lettered post-its across his forehead spelling "man the eff up"

Last edited by oxring on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : profanity)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
I just had to put up with Coxy moaning at me

Look, 606 is synonomous with me having a whinge - deal with it! Wink

Will hopefully be out of this office, if i hear the moaning git near me claim he's ruptured ligaments and then walk round the office with a very minor limp i may staple individually lettered post-its across his forehead spelling "man the eff up"

Why not tear off his leg (as it won't be as strong w/ ruptured ligaments) and then beat him with it to death.

Alternatively - kick him in his other leg and rupture his ligaments?

Just some suggestions.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

One foot behind his good leg and a sharp kick through the knee should do it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:12 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

Go and make an article on me making a thread if you have a problem, instead of cluttering this one up. I made the thread over 3 weeks ago, i wanted to make the thread and made it, end of story, don't like it, don't come on the article. My thread is about 10 times faster than Union's and is free for anyone to have a go, they don't have to, so don't if you don't want to. Goodbye

Has Union started charging a fee now?? If so I think I'm late with my dues...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Has Union started charging a fee now?? If so I think I'm late with my dues...

I've heard he gets Oddjob from Goldfinger as his debt collector...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:what is with all this red writing stuff......real eye sore...

only need one thread like this and as I'm 2nd in the other why don't we keep that one... Wink

Shurrup truss just because your bottom of the league haha (Banter don't go all President Bush on me!) Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:52 pm

Anyway here's my predictions

Murray v Mitchell - Mitchell TKO
Bellew v McKenzie - Bellew TKO
Gavin v Woodhouse - Gavin TKO
Burns v Cook - Burns UD

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down