The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavo Guerrero Released

+11
Samo
User Name
talkingpoint
Crimey
legendkillar
pauline1981
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
Aaronb33
JamesLincs
Bull
15 posters

Go down

Chavo  Guerrero Released  Empty Chavo Guerrero Released

Post by Bull Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:10 pm

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Chavo Guerrero as of today, June 25, 2011.

so any one think his of to TNA( IMPACT ) and do you think WWE should of released him?

source: WWE.com

Bull

Back to top Go down

Chavo  Guerrero Released  Empty Re: Chavo Guerrero Released

Post by JamesLincs Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:30 pm

definately tna

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Would be an excellent kick up the jaxie for thr X-Division. If not, would make an amazing agent. Possibly even a role in Mexican America.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Guerrero posted the following on Twitter:

"Yes, it's true. My release is the big news I was talking about. But let's get something straight. I asked for my release. I was just tired of not being used correctly. Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them. The same thing Happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status. Being a Guerrero, we've been taught since diapers to get the most out of ppl & matches. It's our gift, but also our curse. WWE has always used us to make other ppl look good. It all comes down to Being happy. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release though! Smile now it's time for for me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u know we can. Smile win or lose. I will never go back to the place WWE put me in. I will never go back to being under utilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger 'pushes.' than me! Thank u to all of u who stuck by me & kept reminding me, I was better than that! Smile stay tuned.. Big things coming!!"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:38 pm

If anyone watches NXT how are they going to work this out because he is the current pro of Darren Young ???

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:41 pm

sting might paint his face lol

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Let's hope that if he does end up in TNA that he gets used in the right way. Again another talent wasted by the WWE.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:05 pm

I've always liked Chavo, but in the end I think he only warranted a mid-card slot, he was no where near good enough to be even an occasional main eventer, he just wasn't believable enough.

At 40 he also far too old to get pushed and has been for a while, although I think WWE have underused him, that's only because they've used him as a comedy character, he should have been used to put people over in the same way Finlay did, but judging by what Chavo said; I don't think he'd have been happy with that either.

I don't think TNA should sign him up, their roster is far too crowded anyway and Chavo Guerrero has nothing he can offer them that is going to significantly improve the product.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm not sure what he expected of the WWE.

His statement sounded like he wanted to be a title contender but I couldn't see him in a US title match even at best.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 pm

good for chavo - I believe he is talented enough to hold a mid card title but I don't really know at this stage in his career whether he can earn the recognition he feels he deserves? I think TNA would love to sign him what with him being a Guerrero as well as the strong latino American representation in TNA.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:42 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I've always liked Chavo, but in the end I think he only warranted a mid-card slot, he was no where near good enough to be even an occasional main eventer, he just wasn't believable enough.

He wasnt good enough. he's a better wrestler than most on the roster ya bawbag

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:17 am

User Name wrote:

Yeah but he lacked the X Factor like Eddie in order to be a main eventer. He was always the lesser of the 2 Los Guerreros. And size wise hes on par with Mysterio, just ever so slightly bigger. You can be the best wrestler on the planet, but at that size, you'll never be a credible world champion.

I agree, he was a great wasted talent, but he was never above mid card level. He'll make a great agent/trainer one day. TNA should do the smart thing and snap him up.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 am

Samo wrote:
User Name wrote:

Yeah but he lacked the X Factor like Eddie in order to be a main eventer. He was always the lesser of the 2 Los Guerreros. And size wise hes on par with Mysterio, just ever so slightly bigger. You can be the best wrestler on the planet, but at that size, you'll never be a credible world champion.

I agree, he was a great wasted talent, but he was never above mid card level. He'll make a great agent/trainer one day. TNA should do the smart thing and snap him up.

Your point is?

PS. Eddie was good, but since he died he suddenley became great, strange in my book.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:31 am

Personally, I think he'd do a lot better in ROH. With the egos running wild all over TNA, he'd be completely under-utilised, unless he'd be happy with a Booker / trainer role

ROH would give him a chance to find his natural level, and put some wrestlers over at the same time.

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:47 am

User Name wrote:

Your point is?

PS. Eddie was good, but since he died he suddenley became great, strange in my book.

My point is he wasnt good enough to hold a main event spot, did I not make that clear enough?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:28 am

Laugh hostile

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:30 am

He was a good wrestler sure, not amazing, I don't think I ever watched a Chavo Guerrero match and went...wow! He was never really over with the crowd as he lacked the charisma that is needed, and if he was really that talented, it would probably have made more sense for Chavo to have the fairytale story that was given to Rey Mysterio.

Chavo Guerrero was always a decent shout to go over, and maybe hold a mid-card title but he was never so stand out that you'd expect him to be in the main event.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Never rated Chavo that highly decent hand and fair promo, also pushing on a bit in years. In this day and age I didn't see him anymore than an opening match hand ala Finaly but if he thinks he can do the business else where good luck to him

ps Eddy Guerrero was one of the most complete wrestlers I've ever seen fantastic wrestler in Japan, ECW, WCW and WWE, when he was on the mic he just lept out of the screen, charisma in abundence, he had a great grasp of face and heel psycology and seemed to have a genuine connection with the crowd, even if he was here today or not Eddy would be in my top 10 all round greats

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:55 pm

It may sound harsh but Chavo was and still is in uncle Eddies shadow , Chavo is a decent mid carder but nothing more and at his age and stage in his career im a bit confused as to were he thinks he should be .
Defo under used by WWE and agree less talented wrestlers have received bigger pushes , but thats WWE.
He is not going to get into main event status , TNA have more midcard titles so he may think hes better off going there .
Eddie was a very good wrestler and the latino heat gimmick suited him down to the ground . He would be in all time top 20 without doubt .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down