The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

+41
spencerclarke
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
razzaq
Day V Lately
PPVxHOTTY
WelshDevilRob
d260005p
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
HumanWindmill
Young_Towzer
TopHat24/7
wow_junky
The Galveston Giant
Eyetoldyouso
JJJohnson
Mind the windows Tino.
Steffan
King Raoh
sodhat
wheelchair1991
Dominic Dicoco
JDizzle
ian_jamsie
Boxtthis
TRUSSMAN66
Il Gialloblu
Knowsit17
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Fists of Fury
Rowley
eddyfightfan
The genius of PBF
Lumbering_Jack
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Michaels, Sean
coxy0001
bhb001
compelling and rich
Daz
Union Cane
45 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round - Page 20 Empty Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

Post by Union Cane Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane's Prediction League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Eleven Results

1. Vitali Klitschko v. Tomasz Adamek (12) Vitali Klitschko TKO 10 (LKO)
2. Yuriorkis Gamboa v. Daniel Ponce de Leon (12) Yuriorkis Gamboa TD 8 (LKO)
3. Paul McCloskey v. Breidis Prescott (12) Paul McCloskey UD
4. Juan Carlos Salgado v. Argenis Mendez (12) Juan Carlos Salgado UD
5. Oliver McCall v. Bert Cooper (10)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Eleven Review

Tomasz Adamek is a two-weight world champion, and therefore clearly no mug, but he was no match for Vitali Klitschko. Simply too small to compete, Adamek did well to last as long as he did but was never going to beat the bigger man.

Paul McCloskey should change his name to McLucky, after a terrible start he somehow managed to turn things round (helped no doubt by the home crowd cheering every punch he threw, let alone landed) and get a controversial decision against Breidis Prescott.

Some very high scores this week, even without the McCall / Cooper result, which is not in yet. which is now a voided fight.

When will I learn not to use fights from these back-water third-world countries?

'Predictor of the Week' is a tricky one this week, with Mind the windows Tino., alma, licence_007 and Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn all getting all four fights spot on and amassing 16 points each. As it's impossible to split them, this week's award goes to Michaels, Sean, who, despite all the points on offer, still only managed a paltry 3 points. Took some doing that, well done Sean.

Week Eleven League Table

Position User Name Weekly Score Total Score
The genius of PBF
coxy0001
Knowsit17
Union Cane
rowley
Jdizzle
Mind the windows Tino.
Dazstarr
ian_jamsie
compelling and rich
=11
sodhat
=11
alma
=13
Il Gialloblu
=13
The Galveston Giant
=15
Eyetoldyouso
=15
JJJohnson
TopHat24/7
Michaels, Sean
bhb001
=20
licence_007
------
--------------------
----------
----------
=20
eddyfightfan
WelshDevilRob
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
Boxtthis
prettyboykev
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Super D Boon
TRUSSMAN66
PPVxHOTTY
=30
Sugar Boy Sweetie
=30
Day V Lately
Dominic Dicoco
=33
Solder_of_Fortune
=33
Steffan
d260005p
Scottrf
Lumbering_Jack
wow_junky
spencerclarke
wheelchair1991
King Raoh

Week Twelve Fights

It's the final week, so we are going out in style with ten fights to predict :

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12)
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12)
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10)
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8)
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12)
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12)
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10)
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8)
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12)
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8)

Remember, the Top 20 qualify for next season's Prediction Premiership, so it is all to play for.

Get predicting, and good luck!

Scoring and Rules

For any newcomers and the forgetful, scoring and rules as follows :

• Predict the winner - 1 point

• - Predict the method (KO*/Pts) - 1 point

• - - Predict Early / Late (for KO) or Unanimous / Split / Majority (for Pts) - 1 point

• Get all three above correct - 1 bonus point

• 10 points will be awarded for correctly predicting a draw.

• *TKO, DQ, TD or Retirement all count as KO

• I will list fights 1 - 5, this list will be definitive, when predicting please list fights in the same order.

• Any entries that are subsequently amended will be void.

• If a fight is cancelled, or if a fighter drops out and is replaced, that fight is then void.

I think that just about covers it, any questions feel free to ask.

Predictor of the Week Award

Week One Knowsit17
Week Two Knowsit17
Week Three The genius of PBF
Week Four Sugar Boy Sweetie
Week Five Il Gialloblu
Week Six coxy0001
Week Seven ian_jamsie
Week Eight eddyfightfan
Week Nine coxy0001
Week Ten JJJohnson
Week Eleven Michaels, Sean
Week Twelve -

Last edited by Union Cane on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 113 times in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round - Page 20 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

Post by Rowley Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:16 pm

How did my post end up above yours Tino, now makes me look like I am Derek Acorah or a simpleton who talks to himself.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round - Page 20 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

Post by Union Cane Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 pm

I think Tino made a 'Michaels' of the quotey bit, deleted his post and then reposted it.

This thread is going to split into another one isn't it, due to all the guff that has taken it up to 20 pages.

Arse.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:19 pm

So I haven't developed a sixth sense, pity could be a useful tool in a prediction competition

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 pm

If you did you wouldn't be below Union Cane, a man who by most peoples estimations (not mine) knows nothing about boxing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Union Cane wrote:I think Tino made a 'Michaels' of the quotey bit, deleted his post and then reposted it.

This thread is going to split into another one isn't it, due to all the guff that has taken it up to 20 pages.

Arse.

Spot on Union. Made a total balls up of it and didn't want to fess up incase it made me look a bit, well, thick. Would hate to live up to Rowley's expectations of me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Union Cane wrote:I think Tino made a 'Michaels' of the quotey bit, deleted his post and then reposted it.

Arse.

Are you suggesting we cut down the non prediction related comments to minimum to preserve its status?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:

Arse.

Are you suggesting we cut down the non prediction related comments to minimum to preserve its status?
Might be a good idea.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
rowley wrote:
rowley wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Can I impose on you to ask how many fights there will be and I will make my guesses accordingly?

Yes, of course you can.

Come on Union, you are being being very tiresome this morning.

I have been nothing but friendly to you recently as well. A little of love from you wouldn't go amiss.

Union would do well to remember who supported him when his cup competition looked likely to descend into farce, such short memories on here.

You two are only sticking together as you have both been owned by the Boston strongman on numerous occasions.

I was actually supporting you for a change Tino, I should not have to legislate for the fact you are too thick to work that out.

I didn't read it properly. You are quite right, I did support his cup competition, in fact I was the second person to join from memory. Second only to the desperate and shambolic man that is Seany.

There is a fine line between banter and the emotional harm caused by bullying. I hope the MODS are well on top of this.

Of course we are.

Each member of the mod and admin teams has volunteered to be placed on a rota so that counselling sessions can be conducted between 7pm and 8pm every weekday evening.

You see, we do care.

Windy, can I ask you a question? Were you on the Southbank in London on Sunday? Sean thinks he saw you.

And also, I know you two go way back, but Rowley called me thick. Can you administer a stern telling off please?

So sorry to disappoint, Tino, but I do prefer my ladies to have a fine head of hair, pensioners or not.

Alas, jeff, your kindness in giving me a lift to Reno all those years ago must temporarily be forgotten as I ask you to write, one hundred times :

I must not refer to Tino as ' thick.'

By the end of breaktime, please.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:

Arse.

Might be a good idea.
ok
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:25 pm

It's a fair cop windy, if for no other reason than with Josh Smith on board and likely to unleash more articles on a par with his Langford article do feel there are far more deserving victims for my vitriol.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Cheers.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Scottrf wrote:If you did you wouldn't be below Union Cane, a man who by most peoples estimations (not mine) knows nothing about boxing.

I have surprised myself if I'm honest, but then I am running the competition.

It's good to know I'm so highly thought of.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Scottrf wrote:If you did you wouldn't be below Union Cane, a man who by most peoples estimations (not mine) knows nothing about boxing.

You've have chosen to ignore this poster's comments as he knows nothing about boxing

The new filter option looks like it is working.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:31 pm

You managed to quote properly!

"You've have?" We should get them to change that.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=13878

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20