The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This may be petty to some, but it matters to me...

+4
John Cregan
Cari
RebelBhoy
Hartley
8 posters

Go down

This may be petty to some, but it matters to me... Empty This may be petty to some, but it matters to me...

Post by Hartley Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:58 pm

It has enraged me for years. This season though it has went beyond a joke. It happens practically every game and takes the look of Gaelic Football. It never happens in the English Premier League soccerball. What is it I hear you scream?

The number of times a player scores a goal in the Championship and the ball goes through the flamin net and rolls out the other side. Even the most gentle of tap-ins cause the ball to go through the flamin net.

It I was GAA President I would close down grounds where this happened!

There I've said it. It makes us look cheap, amateurish (I know where meant to be but you know what I mean!) and lacking in presentation.

Get the nets sorted PLEASE! Of courses, umpires being umpires will someday disallow a perfectly good goal after this happens - they'll think in their 92 year old way - the ball is at the Dunnes Stores advertising board - it can't of been a goal! A county, probably Louth or Kildare, will become enraged and then a whole ruck will start in Gaelic games and the BBC Norn Iron will LOVE IT so they will.

Get it sorted! Get it sorted! I implore you! On my knees I beg you.

Hartley

Back to top Go down

This may be petty to some, but it matters to me... Empty Re: This may be petty to some, but it matters to me...

Post by RebelBhoy Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:46 am

you know on that there internet when folk say

"THIS"...and then put arrows pointing upwards.

This is to denote agreement with the previous poster...

well I ain't never gonna do that. but I agree wholeheartedly
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

This may be petty to some, but it matters to me... Empty Re: This may be petty to some, but it matters to me...

Post by Cari Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:40 am

But Hartley, as long as the ball goes in the net is the main thing? To be honest I haven't noticed. I tell you what when I'm at Croke for the QFs I'll make it my job to check where the ball goes after every goal Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 am

Get the JERSEYS sorted as well.....................Kerry & Mayo - change please. Wexford and KK - change please. Kerry & Limerick - thanks, finally. Cork & Galway - change please. Armagh & Down - change please. Limerick & Offaly -0 change please. Dublin & Laois - change please.................and Carlow - just change!!!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:53 am

I like the latest Dubs shirt (not the white one though). I think most of the shirts are OK it's the shorts that don't match. Why wear white shorts with coloured shirts - Kilkenny I'm looking at you! It doesn't match. Sort it out. Black would look better methinks. Oh and lads, wear some sort of erm...protection...things are swinging and hanging about. Leaves little to the imagination.... censored

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:24 am

Cregan,I thought that was ridiculous aswell. The majority of counties have change strips I assume so why not use them. I don't think I have seen Cork wear a change strip bar the All-Ireland final.(they played Louth a few years ago but I think Louth changed)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:00 pm

1973 AI Final we had a change strip too.

John Cregan wrote:.................and Carlow - just change!!!!

Homophobia should not be tolerated in the GAA. the Carlow Pride shirt is a wonderful thing.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Laugh

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartley Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Cari, Thankfully it doesn't happen in Croke Park!

Hartley

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Cari wrote:But Hartley, as long as the ball goes in the net is the main thing? To be honest I haven't noticed. I tell you what when I'm at Croke for the QFs I'll make it my job to check where the ball goes after every goal Wink

No you won't Cari, you'll be too busy watching BERNARD. heart

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Blue - that's true, but he scores most of the goals anyway Wink king

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Cari wrote:I like the latest Dubs shirt (not the white one though). I think most of the shirts are OK it's the shorts that don't match. Why wear white shorts with coloured shirts - Kilkenny I'm looking at you! It doesn't match. Sort it out. Black would look better methinks. Oh and lads, wear some sort of erm...protection...things are swinging and hanging about. Leaves little to the imagination.... censored

Thank god someone brought this up. I didn't know how to. Sometimes there is more than 30 standing to attention for the anthem. Shocked

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Blue - well I wasn't complaining....it certainly seperates the boys from the men....it's just a bit distracting for me...can be off putting you know? I mean this picture of Eoin Cadogan....I didn't know where to look!

http://www.inpho.ie/cgi-bin/WebObjects/INPHO-Shop.woa/wa/p?p=0PWvF4qg7Xe54iVyrcZ-jtUYRfc0n32Y9E3fOLkSNMs.a

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Cari, you look straight at it, sure what else can a girl do?

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Yeah....I suppose the fellas would argue that distracts me from the skilled hurling action captured there... Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:15 pm

That's what happens when the guys wear cheap shorts. It doen't really happen in rugby, more's the pity.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Oh I don't know - I've seen some accidents - a good one was during the Leinster/Tigers Heineken Cup match last season when one of the Tigers was tackled and ended up showing the world his bare bum. Very Happy
Anyway, the GAA shorts probably are cheaper but they also don't wear any protection like rugby players do. Some wear cycling shorts, but not many.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Yea, I remember that. Great view. No wonder there's a baby boom in this country when the guys don't wear protection. Besides, if they did, we'd miss those great views.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:37 pm

I read yesterday that men in the South aren't very randy....I'm surprised there's much of a baby boom at all! Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 pm

They never were before a big game. But afterwards following a few pints you might get a This may be petty to some, but it matters to me... 531589

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:39 pm

I think you lassies are on to something here. Apart from the enjoyment of watching a decent GAA game you're getting an extra kick out of it that most of us guys don't get too...
I wonder if there's any nice lady GAAers.....
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Warrior - you'll have to start getting into the camogie. Smile

Here's the Meath team:

http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000LAH9jh0W8q0/s/600/600/CTP-DM39489.jpg

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 am

Cheers bonnie lass. I've seen a wee bit of camogie before on youtube, some nice faces there, some not so nice (personal preference and all). I'll be on the lookout for the Meath Ladies in the football.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 am

They show a bit of camogie on The Sunday Game sometimes. Last year they showed their final live on the internet internationally too. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:02 am

TG4 last saturday morning showed highlights of what I think was the Clare v Tipp minor hurling game.

It looked like the Clare goalkeeper had to wear his shirt inside out to avoid a colour clash.

What exactly is wrong with the Down and Armagh colours?

Maybe the next time there is a colour clash they can toss a coin and the loser plays in skins, would that keep the ladies interested?

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 am

I'm not bothered by the shirt colours at all. I can't think of any team that's got a horrendous shirt. The shorts need to match though. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Up until Down changed to black shorts everybody wore white.

I detest the Down 2nd strip of yellow shirts. I know they are the provincial colours but I would prefer an all black second strip

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartley Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:41 pm

In Ancient Greek Olympics nobody wore white or black shorts. In fact, some say nobody wore any shorts or clothes generally - how liberating!

Hartley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Hartley wrote:In Ancient Greek Olympics nobody wore white or black shorts. In fact, some say nobody wore any shorts or clothes generally - how liberating!

They never played gaelic sports! Good grief the lads could seriously lose things if they went out in the nud! Not to mention be in a world of pain...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down