The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITM Cup

+2
Taylorman
welshjohn369
6 posters

Go down

ITM Cup Empty ITM Cup

Post by welshjohn369 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 4:35 am

The ITM Cup is just around the corner, new format with the 2 Divisions and of course the Block of Wood to be defended.

Every game live on SKY Sport & Rugby Channel, the games, however, are not all weekend affairs but will spread over 6 days!!

As an example Wellington v Canterbury on a Wednesday kicking off at 1805!! Now how do they expect people who work to attend this game when it kicks off at such an idiotic time? Clashes with people getting home from work, meal times and the News!

On the same day Northland play Taranaki at the Toll Stadium (Okara Park) at 2005!!

No consideration for die hard fans who love to travel to away matches and everything to do with television rights. I have to say I think they have got this one totally wrong and it will make the competition less attractive to everyone. 🤦
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

ITM Cup Empty Re: ITM Cup

Post by Taylorman Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:22 am

Yep. Not really interested in the itm yet. Slade got a run in the only interesting thing. Too much else going on.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:46 am

Stop teasing me we don`t have the Rugby channel over here worse luck.may not even be able to view Stormers/Crusaders game

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:35 am

Well i hope you get to see it ok. In now thinking saders might do it easier than some think but my brothers convinced me blues will win or lose at the battle of the 10s. Medias already putting pressure on brett with Lam coming out to 'defend him'. Geez. If its that bad... The mealamus and kainos just have to step up.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 6:42 am

Welll Otago thumped the Harbour and a surprise with the Bucket Heads beating Hawkes Bay. Waikato beating Southland was also a little minor shock.

Now the Mighty Taniwha taking on Tasman. Northland have Jamie Corsi a Welsh forward on the bench.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 16 Jul 2011, 7:20 am

welshjohn
All this was kicked about and discussed at length back in January.Its only for one year due to the World Cup.They had to fit the competition in between S15 and prior to the World cup so that they had sufficient time to conform to the "clean Stadium" clauses. conditions which were imposed by the IRB not NZRFU.
In fact why arent you at Okara Park now ,as the game is on as I type.or are you at work on line to 606v2 when your meant to be working.
Its not all bad though, There's not many other countries that have live Rugby on TV 6 days a week.........

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 7:23 am

I am in the TOLL STADIUM with my trusty Nexus One mobile.

Work on a weekend? How uncivilised.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 16 Jul 2011, 7:41 am

Welshjohn
thats ok then, Im relying on you to keep those ngapuhis in line,
Since your already there why not just stay there till Wedneesday?
go the Taniwhas..........

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:25 am

As it happens I may be moving back to Whangarei which will cut down on the driving.

Good win in a scrappy game.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:58 am

Welshjohn
You done good son.
By the way is there any feelings up there amongst the locals about all these rejects from harbour and auckland shooting up over the Brenderwyns and taking places in the team which should go to Northlanders?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 9:44 am

If you read the Northland Age there is a dude called MATT who does a Thursday write up on Local and sport further afield. He goes on and on about the non Northlander input but I consider him to be a complete idiot and have told him so in letters and face to face. I been watching the Taniwha's home games for 10 years now and get to as many away games as I can I am not too unhappy about some players coming to Northland to play, Payne and Munroe have been great. My belief is if the Northland lads are good enough then they will get through to the Taniwha 1st XV.

Sometimes the crowd's that we get in Whangarei I feel they do not deserve a rugby team. Today was urine poor.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:43 pm

Sorry to hear about the crowds WJ. Did any of the Tasman lads impress you?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

None really stood out to be honest although the team were extremely committed. I will review the game tomorrow.

The Taniwha played well and the three tries were all well executed. WIth Ranger, Payne and Munroe they will be awesome in the back line.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sat 16 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

Glad wellington got up over the Naki, got to be a long time since the Lions went in as underdogs in that derby!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum