The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what happens AFTER tonight in heavyweight boxing ?

+3
eddyfightfan
The Galveston Giant
westybeast
7 posters

Go down

what happens AFTER tonight  in heavyweight boxing ? Empty what happens AFTER tonight in heavyweight boxing ?

Post by westybeast Sat 02 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

if haye wins he is by no means certain to fight vitali before his retirement date and by no means certin to pospone it if the contract negotiations gets bogged down again - although my gut feeling is that that will fight it out by christmas time.

if wladimir wins then will vitali even give haye a chance ?- i doubt it , too risky for him
vitali and wladimir will then have even less viable opponents , vitali reires soon , and wladimir a few years later.

Any young guns lilkely to be top contenders in the next couple of years ???

of course a lot will depend on the manner of the fight tonight - for example if wlad gets a close and dodgy home town decision it will fuel talk of a re-match , if haye gets whipped he will have nowhere to go , but his prdie may force him back to the ring.

may i also say how good this site is - great to hear contributions from new and old friends from the original 606 board , but now we can contribute at any time - good as i work shifts - and have extra features too

westybeast

Back to top Go down

what happens AFTER tonight  in heavyweight boxing ? Empty Re: what happens AFTER tonight in heavyweight boxing ?

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 02 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

If Haye wins tonight Westy then there will have been a major shake up in the Heavyweight division, what Haye decides to do from there will determine how much. A Haye defeat means it's got the potential to be worse, if that's possible, and we wait for the Klitschko's to retire and Heavyweight boxing to die.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

what happens AFTER tonight  in heavyweight boxing ? Empty Re: what happens AFTER tonight in heavyweight boxing ?

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

i have a slightly more optermistic view than most, i think the heavyweight scene will face a new lease of live with when haye/klitscho are out of the way. i think the big names of the next few years will be richard towers, povetkin, possibly adamek, david price, chisora, mike perez and my favourite to watch out for bermane stiverne. hopefully im right and it doesn go the otherway and die out like most people think it will.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i have a slightly more optermistic view than most, i think the heavyweight scene will face a new lease of live with when haye/klitscho are out of the way. i think the big names of the next few years will be richard towers, povetkin, possibly adamek, david price, chisora, mike perez and my favourite to watch out for bermane stiverne. hopefully im right and it doesn go the otherway and die out like most people think it will.

Thing is Eddy, the standard may drop a little, but a least there's the prospect heavyweight fights could be a little exciting again, with more 50/50 fights, be intersting to see people fighting it out for the different belts if they all become vacant.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:14 pm

Hey westy

good question here is my take on the what next for the heavyweight division?

http://maineventboxing.wordpress.com/category/boxing-articles/

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

I cheer on every opponent of the K brothers but I look forward to tonight's even more seeing as the opponent is English. I think that when Haye wins tonight Wlad might retire from boxing, he's 35 and has nothing else to achieve. After that Haye will fight Vitali and then who knows? One thing - I hope Haye fights past his retirement date.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

No pressure on Haye at all.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

Can't see Vitali and Haye selling that well if Vlad wins!!

I mean for the purses they'd both want I'm not sure the interest would be there!.

Haye loses he quits....wins he fights Vitali most probably!!

Vlad wins he retires or fights more stiffs.....Loses probably watches his brother clean up his mess again!!! and will feel so embarrassed his brother has to save him a la Sanders that if he has any pride he'll go and live on a desert island somewhere.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

Wlad won't win Truss. He CAN'T. He's not allowed.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down