The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Star Rosters

Go down

All Star Rosters Empty All Star Rosters

Post by HHealer Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:57 pm

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110703&content_id=21335168&vkey=allstar2011

Must say, Jeter getting the start at SS is a joke! Even for an exhibition game. MLB needs to stop the fans voting for All Star starters. A vote for the squad would be better leaving the starters to the manager on the day. It just benefits the teams with a big fan base plus multi emails accounts can be used to boost a players votes. Asdrubal Cabrera should be the starter, I will admit I voted for him for all of my 25 alloted votes. I should have used more than one email account Wink if I had known he would miss out. I hope he gets the managers vote to join the squad. While Jeter should do the honorable thing and admit he is pass his prime and should not start the game. At least Alex Avila got ahead of Russell Martin!! for the start. Some justice at least.

Over in the NL, I hope Brandon Phillips gets to join the squad after Weeks beat him out for the top spot.

HHealer

Back to top Go down

All Star Rosters Empty Re: All Star Rosters

Post by HHealer Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

Both Cabrera and Phillips are on the bench.
In the 'Final Vote', I hope Victor Martinez and Micheal Morse from the Nats make it in.

Last edited by HHealer on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

Pitchers and bench for both AL and NL;

AL Starters and bench;
Josh Beckett (Red Sox), Gio Gonzalez (Athletics), Felix Hernandez (Mariners), David Price (Rays), James Shields (Rays), Justin Verlander (Tigers), Jered Weaver (Angels) and C.J. Wilson (Rangers); relievers Aaron Crow (Royals), Brandon League (Mariners), Chris Perez (Indians), Mariano Rivera (Yankees) and Jose Valverde (Tigers); catchers Martin and Matt Wieters (Orioles); infielders Adrian Beltre (Rangers), Asdrubal Cabrera (Indians), Miguel Cabrera (Tigers) and Howard Kendrick (Angels); outfielders Michael Cuddyer (Twins), Jacoby Ellsbury (Red Sox), Matt Joyce (Rays) and Carlos Quentin (White Sox); and DH Michael Young (Rangers).

NL Starters and bench;
Matt Cain (Giants), Roy Halladay (Phillies), Cole Hamels (Phillies), Jair Jurrjens (Braves), Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers), Cliff Lee (Phillies), Tim Lincecum (Giants) and Ryan Vogelsong (Giants); relievers Heath Bell (Padres), Tyler Clippard (Nationals), Joel Hanrahan (Pirates), Jonny Venters (Braves) and Brian Wilson (Giants); catcher Yadier Molina (Cardinals); infielders Starlin Castro (Cubs), Chipper Jones (Braves), Phillips, Gaby Sanchez (Marlins), Tulowitzki and Votto; outfielders Carlos Beltran (Mets), Jay Bruce (Reds), Matt Holliday (Cardinals), Hunter Pence (Astros) and Justin Upton (D-backs).

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down