The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wwe tells glaad cm punk is.......

+7
User Name
VDT
JoshSansom
Kay Fabe
Mr H
crippledtart
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

wwe tells glaad cm punk is....... Empty wwe tells glaad cm punk is.......

Post by Fernando Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:34 am

A WWE spokesman noted to GLAAD in their response to CM Punk uttering an anti-gay slur during yesterday's Raw live event in Australia that the wrestler is legitimately leaving the organization following the Money in the Bank pay-per-view event on July 18.

OpposingViews.com printed the following in their article: "WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk's contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us "this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.

"A spokesperson for the WWE told us "We are taking this very seriously."

OpposingViews.com also notes that GLAAD provided training to members of WWE's editorial staff and writing team in May. The media monitoring organization is also in discussions with WWE to provide similar training seminars to on-camera talent.

source: nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

wwe tells glaad cm punk is....... Empty Re: wwe tells glaad cm punk is.......

Post by crippledtart Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:18 pm

Interesting story this one. What Punk did was wrong, but his reply was really impressive; it wasn't the Cena-style "I apologise to all those over-sensitive people who took my words the wrong way". Punk just came straight out and said "I was wrong, I deserve to be called out on it and I'm sorry".

WWE on the other hand has taken its usual route; shirking responsibility. They made sure to refer to him as an independent contractor in the initial WWE statement on the matter. The latest report is bizarre, as they have used the phrase "he will not be immediately renewed". Technically they are covering their own backsides here, so to speak. They can bring him back and still claim that his contract wasn't immediately renewed.

It depends on how clued-in GLAAD is to goings on in the wrestling industry. We can all be pretty certain that, even if Punk leaves after the PPV, he'll be back by the end of the year. WWE is deliberately blurring the line between fact and fiction as part of Punk's push. If GLAAD doesn't really understand the inner workings of the business, they might accept WWE's explanation as a legitimate one, but anyone who understands the industry knows that WWE is trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

The key to all of this could be Wade Keller, editor of the Pro Wrestling Torch. He is openly gay, and consistently takes wrestling to task for homophobic incidents. If he considers WWE's recent statement to be enough of an insult, I wouldn't be susprised at all if Keller contacted GLAAD himself to explain the situation.

Sometimes, it's better just to say "I was wrong and I'm sorry", as Punk did. If WWE had simply released a statement saying that CM Punk was wrong, he has apologised, and the company has accepted his apology on the condition he never uses such language again, I think everyone would have been happy.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Christ imagine the response from Punk if he got punished for this when Cena got away with multiple homophobic slurs. Just because Punk's was more blatent doesnt mean Cena's wasnt offensive.

To be honest, i think the WWE have been forced to improvise with the whole Punk/Cena angle. Although the shoot may have been worked, Punk definately said some things he shouldnt have and probably did legit p-off Vince. Immediately after that episode they had the tapings for this weeks Raw, so they didnt have much time to react and decide what to do. I dont believe that Punk being 'suspended' and Vince having to come out to address the crowd was originally part of the plan, but they've had to wing it.

I'd be amazed if there's a curveball. I cant see a Vince/Punk screwjob on Cena, i cant see Punk signing a new contract live on air, and i definately cant see Punk leaving with the title. Unfortunately as good as the promo was, it has given alot of people false hope. I believe it will be a case of Cena winning, and Punk going out with a whimper.

Dont expect any major suprises. Although i really hope i'm wrong.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:26 pm

That was definitely a worked shoot, the mic would have been cut and the camera wouldn't have followed him otherwise, he only got suspended and in real time reinstated within 2 hours although it was kayfabe a week

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

So do you think he got the green light to refer to Heyman, Lesnar, Cabana and Laurinitis? I was under the impression he was given an open mic and told to go out and shoot, but the above references were probably frowned upon and perhaps he took it a bit too far but Vince just let it roll? Are you sure it was ALL scripted and Vince knew exactly what he was going to say?

Loved hearing Vince saying 'Dont p!ss me off' to Cena on Raw, never saw that coming!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

In some ways they may be angry with him for the press coverage this has - he was supposed to be suspended but broke the illusion by getting all those headlines as a result of his comments.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

Yeah I'd say he was given the green light to mention everything, the WWE are also trying to do a deal with Heyman & Lesnar so giving a nod of the head to them in a powerful promo is something I can see Vince doing, as for Colt Cabana, most of Punks fans are frow the IWC, to get the promo across you need to appeal to your market, mentioning Cabana and Johnny Ace hit the spot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 06 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

Aww WWE is afraid of GLAAD. I guess those McMahon grapefruits are peach pits like Cena said. Punk called a guy a “Homo”. That’s not homophobic, that’s not anti-gay, and that’s not gay bashing. Spectators should be held accountable for what they yell at the athletes as well. Ric Flair better be careful next time he calls someone “fat boy” because the overweight people of America may stroke out. The Miz better not call Alex Riley and idiot because all the dumbasses that live in this country may get offended. Punk’s insult was at a house show. How many kids are even aware that it happened? How many gay people’s lives have been ruined by what a pro wrestler said at a non televised event? He’s a pro wrestler, sorry wwe superstar! LOL this whole thing is ridiculous.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

VDT wrote:Aww WWE is afraid of GLAAD. I guess those McMahon grapefruits are peach pits like Cena said. Punk called a guy a “Homo”. That’s not homophobic, that’s not anti-gay, and that’s not gay bashing. Spectators should be held accountable for what they yell at the athletes as well. Ric Flair better be careful next time he calls someone “fat boy” because the overweight people of America may stroke out. The Miz better not call Alex Riley and idiot because all the dumbasses that live in this country may get offended. Punk’s insult was at a house show. How many kids are even aware that it happened? How many gay people’s lives have been ruined by what a pro wrestler said at a non televised event? He’s a pro wrestler, sorry wwe superstar! LOL this whole thing is ridiculous.

The Daily Star is on the phone, it wants its opinions back.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

It wasnt an anti-gay slur, he called someone a homo, thats pro-gay.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

If the WWE are so bothered about what the Gay community think of then why don't they develop an openly Gay character to fight the good fight for them on screen, that way the WWE will spread the word at lot faster and to more people than they do currently. Nah didn't think so

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:31 pm

Did the WWE not sack some gay dude cos noone wanted to work with him, i was thinking Orlando Jordan, but not sure.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

GLAAD seems intent on making WWE U rating rather than PG

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

The WWE need to toe the line with GLAAD because of the conditions of their deal with Mattel

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:10 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the whole thing is a work.. Vince is playing a genius level game here I think.

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:29 pm

With the GLAAD thing, I think they might have had to re-think it. I think originally the plan was for Punk to stay around and give Cena a break to get over his injuries, but now this has been picked up on, I'd say he'll be put on gardening leave, and probably come back early next year - possibly to win the rumble. Although with a bit of luck, he might still pop up in the indies / RoH for a few matches.

Note that the WWE statement said his contract will 'not be immediately renewed'

*edit* Thinking about it, before this blew up, I could see Punk winning at MITB, VKM coming to ringside and caving in to Punks demmands and begging him to stay (Kinda like he did in a bit of the promo on monday night) as Cena was fired..... But I guess we'll never know the plan now Sad

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

If Punk wanted to stay then WWE wouldn't care what GLAAD said, Cole said Homo on twitter and that was a much grander scale than Punk, he said he's sorry, I doubt if truly upset anyone, move on

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:08 am

I think WWE made it ten times worse by lying in this statement. We all know Punk will take a break at some point but we also know that was the plan all along. To say he won't be renewed immediately is a really sly play on words.

I don't see why they had to comment at all. Punk's apology appeared to put a line under it, only for WWE to make the ridiculous statement about him being an independent contractor and then follow it up with a bare-faced lie about him leaving the company. They are playing GLAAD for fools.

OR....

wots the problem wiv calling sum1 a homo, homo aint an insult that's wot they are, homo's. just like if i call sum1 a black b@sturd thats not racist coz they ARE black. why does wwe have 2 do everything some over-sensitive "gay" charity tells them 2 do, when i wwas younger there was no such thing as gay, being gay meant u were happy. i h8 this pg rating it was never like this in the attitude era, u could say whatever you wanted then and if sum1 got offended u just told them to "suck it". bring back the legends like austin he didnt care whether u was gay str8 black or white he just wanted to kick ur @ss. wot next will it be racist to call shamus white or will fat people complain when king makes jokes about vikki gurrero. people shouldnt take it so seriously their not supposed 2 b roll models its only entertainment thats why its called sports ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:14 am

Very Happy

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

wots the problem wiv calling sum1 a homo, homo aint an insult that's wot they are, homo's. just like if i call sum1 a black b@sturd thats not racist coz they ARE black. why does wwe have 2 do everything some over-sensitive "gay" charity tells them 2 do, when i wwas younger there was no such thing as gay, being gay meant u were happy. i h8 this pg rating it was never like this in the attitude era, u could say whatever you wanted then and if sum1 got offended u just told them to "suck it". bring back the legends like austin he didnt care whether u was gay str8 black or white he just wanted to kick ur @ss. wot next will it be racist to call shamus white or will fat people complain when king makes jokes about vikki gurrero. people shouldnt take it so seriously their not supposed 2 b roll models its only entertainment thats why its called sports ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Agreed.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down