The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you won the Euromillions draw.....

+27
glamorganalun
Cari
kiakahaaotearoa
Coleman
welshy824
offload
Effervescing Elephant
D24tress
Bombardier
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
welshjohn369
funnyExiledScot
Luckless Pedestrian
propdavid_london
disneychilly
Shifty
brennomac
red_stag
RuggerRadge2611
robbo277
Standulstermen
Feckless Rogue
Notch
bedfordwelsh
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cumbrian
InjuredYetAgain
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If you won the Euromillions draw..... - Page 2 Empty If you won the Euromillions draw.....

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was bored on the bus going home from work tonight but when the bus was going past Murrayfield my mind wandered to the messy finances of the SRU. I then wondered if I won one of the really big rollovers (the £80/90m ones) would I pay of the SRU debt and if, so, what conditions would I put on the board.
On balance, i decided that I probably would pay off the £12/13m as the money problems are not this board's making, it dates from long back when the powers that be were too arrogant to get the additional lottery funding that woud have helped with the final phases of the development. The liftimng of the capital and interest payments woud then free up enouigh cash to get proper academies going with, hopefully, when there were enouigh good players, setting up a third region.
If you were rich/stupid enough, would you pay off your own union's debt and, if so, what conditions would you impose? Let's keep the last bit real as they aren't going to let you pick your pal to play stand-off in the 6N opener etc.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

If you won the Euromillions draw..... - Page 2 Empty Re: If you won the Euromillions draw.....

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Coleman wrote:Trying to win Wales a RWC :P Or invade Ireland...

With that sort of money, in fact with a lot less, you wouldn't need to invade Ireland, you could buy it!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

If you won the Euromillions draw..... - Page 2 Empty Re: If you won the Euromillions draw.....

Post by Shifty Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 pm

No one likes my North Wales idea If you won the Euromillions draw..... - Page 2 Cry10
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:19 pm

I´d build a new stadium for the Crusaders and the people of Christchurch and then put myself in charge of the gruelling cheerleader try-outs, which would last as long as the construction of the stadium. It´d be divided into different stages: swim wear, slim wear, slimmer wear, sleeping on a hot summer´s night wear... you get the picture.

The rugby team would take care of itself so no need to interfere there but it´ll definitely be a hands-on approach needed with the cheerleaders to get the best out of them.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Stuff rugby. I'd buy myself Tommy Bowe for ME angel

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Is he for sale?
Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Asbo - if I waved £166 million under his nose he would be!!!

If he refused...I'd try David Wallace...he looks desperate for escape Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Cari wrote:Stuff rugby. I'd buy myself Tommy Bowe for ME angel

Great more Welsh people with Irish ancestry! laughing
They'll go through the Welsh academy system and end up playing for Ireland! Doh
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 pm

I would like to put top level rugby back into the Valleys by buying into the WRU and setting up the Valleys Commandos (Ponypridd) where you have real fans similar to the Dragons but more talent available to them (due to their large catchment area, stuff the Blues). I would also go in with Bedford, he is spot on drop the divisive Newport name and play around the region and develop a larger following.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:48 am

So was it anyone here who won???? I want my Tommy.... king

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 am

As Bath already has a wealthy owner I think I'd just settle for buying a corperate box and a nice house near by.

Or I could buy Bristol Rugby Club! laughing Yahoo Whistle
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by sosban11 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 pm

I'd pay the Scarlets to reduce ticket prices to get bigger crowds.

sosban11

Back to top Go down

Post by sosban11 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:54 pm

AlynDavies wrote:No one likes my North Wales idea If you won the Euromillions draw..... - Page 2 Cry10

I think it's a good investment. But, I'd keep it on the smaller scale. I'd just concentrate on getting a North Wales province participating in the Welsh Premiership at first and depending on how that goes maybe look at multiple provinces or a region. In my mind, your idea is the end result but I'd start off with one province.

sosban11

Back to top Go down

Post by jb1973 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm

£10m for new players
£10m for player renewals
£10m for the academy
£20m for future recruitment Wink

jb1973

Back to top Go down

Post by JackC Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:26 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I would like to put top level rugby back into the Valleys by buying into the WRU and setting up the Valleys Commandos (Ponypridd) where you have real fans similar to the Dragons but more talent available to them (due to their large catchment area, stuff the Blues)..
1. I would buy Sardis Rd (Home of Pontypridd RFC), redevelop the clubhouse and ground, (Nothing like Cardiff, Ospreys or Scarlets) just give it better toilet, food and beer facilities.
2. Give Dale Mcintosh and Paul John long term contracts.
3. Give Dale &Johnsy enough money to ensure the squad is of the highest standard available for Premiership rugby.
4. Re-introduce the previous excellent Youth system, to attract the local talent now being missed.
5. No old foreign mercenaries.
6. Arrange 4 or 5 home fixtures each year against good cross border clubs.
7. Lay on coaches free of charge to all Ponty supporters for all away games.

or and buy the wife a new car to take me back and fore to Sardis Rd for the matches.

JackC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2