The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A with PGA tour pro Pat Perez - questions needed

+8
navyblueshorts
tarka
Alsie
NedB-H
kwinigolfer
detones
Nay
Adam D
12 posters

Go down

Q&A with PGA tour pro Pat Perez - questions needed Empty Q&A with PGA tour pro Pat Perez - questions needed

Post by Adam D Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:48 am

The admin team has been very fortunate enough to secure a Q&A session with tour pro Pat Perez.

Details from Wikipedia:

Patrick P. Perez (born March 1, 1976) is an American professional golfer.
Perez was born in Phoenix, Arizona and is of Mexican American descent.[1] He experienced his first PGA Tour victory in 2009 at the Bob Hope Classic. He has finished second twice, including a memorable runner-up result at Pebble Beach when his back-nine collapse led him to attempt to break a club over his leg.
He has featured in the top 100 of the Official World Golf Rankings.
On January 22, 2009, Perez finished the first 36 holes of the Bob Hope Classic with a 124 (-20), the lowest score in PGA Tour history through two rounds, relative to par. The start set or tied several records,[2] including tying the record for low score (124) in consecutive rounds. But on January 24, Steve Stricker broke the latter record of 124 with a 61-62 for 123 combined two rounds (third and fourth rounds). Perez went on to win the tournament by three strokes over John Merrick, a win secured when Perez hit his second shot on the par 5 18th hole from 200 yards to 3 feet to win with a closing eagle for his first tour win.
Perez also experienced a championship of another sort first-hand. As a neighbor of baseball player Pat Burrell, he had been very close to the Philadelphia Phillies for several years. In a January 2010 interview, he revealed, "I was part of that (2008) team (that won the World Series) because I know all of the guys, I had my locker there, I would come and see them all the time. I would really root for them like I was part of the team." When asked if he had the locker during spring training, he replied "No, the whole thing. I would hit balls with Jimmy Rollins, go out on the field and play catch, whatever. I was like one of them team for that year." When Burrell left as a free agent after the 2008 season and signed with the Tampa Bay Rays, Perez called the news "Worse than me getting hurt."[3]

Pat has very kindly agreed to answer your questions, which I am sure you will have plenty.

We have previously had some great questions for our Q&A sessions - details of previous ones can be found here - https://www.606v2.com/f59-questions-and-answers-archive

Please post anything you wish to ask Pat below.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Q&A with PGA tour pro Pat Perez - questions needed Empty Re: Q&A with PGA tour pro Pat Perez - questions needed

Post by Nay Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:01 am

How about something obvious like what is his favourite tour event and why,

And what is his favourite and least favourite courses

Nothing overly taxing but a start

Nay

Back to top Go down

Q&A with PGA tour pro Pat Perez - questions needed Empty Re: Q&A with PGA tour pro Pat Perez - questions needed

Post by detones Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 am

Perez has a notorious short fuse, and has exploded on a fare few occasions, something I and I’m sure others can relate to. I think he was likened to the John McEnroe of golf. To me it makes him a more appealing character, someone you can relate to a bit more in a world of players whom can lack a little in personality and appeal. How about asking him how or if he's managed his temper in recent years? Has he learned to feed off the anger like Mc Enroe and use it to his advantage or does he just try to suppress it?

detones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:45 am

great question and I wasnt aware of that.

A few more:

Who has been his favourite playing partners and least favourite?
Which is is his favourite UK course
Has he done a Happy Gilmore ( Wink )
If he could only win one Major, which one would he want and at which course.
Has he played Tiger Woods Golf on the Xbox/PS3

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:05 am

Pat, When you won the "Hope", it seemed a very popular victory, even celebrated by some of your fellow pros. That hardly ever happens on the PGA Tour - why is the Tour so lacking in the camaraderie that we so often see on the European Tour?

Also:
Does the US College system make for better pros or would the players be better off turning pro at twenty or younger, as with Rory, Matteo, Charl, Louis etc.

You can play one US Team event. Ryder or Presidents? And why?

You were the third man in the O'Hair, Sabbatini blow up in New Orleans. What can you tell us about that incident that won't cause Finchem to suspend you for life?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:16 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:You were the third man in the O'Hair, Sabbatini blow up in New Orleans. What can you tell us about that incident that won't cause Finchem to suspend you for life?

Laugh

"Would you be keen on playing more events in Europe, should your schedule allow, as other PGA Tour players have begun to do?"

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Alsie Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 pm

One tip from playing in pro ams which he feels amateurs could benefit from?

Alsie

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:39 pm

I love Pat Perez, can you ask him if he is indeed the hardest man on the PGA tour

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Player most fun to play with?
Player you'd hope to avoid playing with? Heavy hint is OK for an answer here!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Ever been to Paris?

What would you be doing if you weren't a golfer?

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Who was your golfing idol,

and who has been your biggest influence as a pro.

And apart from yourself who was the best golfer never to a major.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetoanother Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Ever been IN Paris?

In 'n out burger or 5 guys?

Onetoanother

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:15 pm

have you ever done a happy gilmore drive or played a round with Baboo at his home course of Whistling Straits before jumping in his private jet to Augusta to make up a three ball with his dad?

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Pat, if you are in the trees/bushes and can't get a full swing, do you :

a: hit the ball out with a left handed swing and the back of the club
b. left handed swing with the toe pointing down
c. carry a left handed 6 iron for this very purpose
d. are you left handed and this shot dowsn't pose any significant problem due to your sinister dexterity?

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 pm

What's your favourite film?
What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet and why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 am

Final chance to get your Q&As in for Pat.

Will be trying to contact him to get them over soon.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 4putt Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:49 am

What equipment does he use and why?

4putt

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:23 pm

I love Pat Perez interviews.
Transcript following his second-place finish last night in Reno:

"Q: Obviously a disappointing finish there. What kind of positive do you take out of it?

A: None.

Q: Can you talk about your play today? I mean, four under 68 going in? (whatever that means . . .)

A: I played alright. I played alright.

Q: Fourth top ten of the year. Kind of had things going there April, May, a little bit of a struggle in there. Any kind of confidence builder here finishing top 5?

A: No. No. No positive. Second. Second. Second. First loser.

Q: Just talk about 17 and 18, coming down the stretch there. I know you had the tough bunker shot on 18.

A: I played those holes about as (expletive) as you could possibly play 'em, bar none. To finish 5 - 5 is embarrassing. I missed three putts inside ten feet last three holes. That's not going to win.

Q: It comes down to that?

A: Not going to win."

Well, how do you really feel, Pat?

Gotta love Pat Perez, widely regarded as being one of the premier talents on Tour, only one win (an extremely popular win at that) and one can only hope that his golfing genius is rewarded again soon. He was clearly steaming as he walked away from his last putt, and from watching Piercy hole out; wouldn't have wanted to get in his way.

Perhaps he needs Steve Williams on the bag?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Would you rather be trapped in a lift with steve williams or Tiger Woods?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down