The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah: “This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The Trainers”

+4
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
Union Cane
Primetime
8 posters

Go down

Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah: “This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The Trainers” Empty Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah: “This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The Trainers”

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:24 am

http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/news/boxing/duke-mckenzie-on-khan-vs-judah-%e2%80%9cthis-is-going-to-be-a-battle-of-the-trainers%e2%80%9d/
Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah:

“This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The
Trainers”

WBA + IBF Light Welterweight Championship

When: Saturday Night 23rd July Live from 2am

What: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah

Where: All on Primetime: Sky channel 480, Virgin Media ‘On Demand’ and online at www.primetimelive.co.uk

Here’s more from former IBF Flyweight and WBO Super Bantamweight Champion Duke McKenzie. Here he goes over Khan V Judah;

“This is a great fight for Amir, the names just don’t come much bigger than Zab Judah at Light Welterweight. The McCloskey fight was a routine defence for Amir and he was never going to lose that fight. That was a World class fighter against a European level fighter. He’ll have been
frustrated that he didn’t look better doing it and didn’t get the KO but that’s gone now – he’s moved on.”

“Khan came of age in Maidana fight, defended comfortably against McCloskey, but against Zab Judah it’s a complete contrast of styles. This is a slick southpaw and Khan hasn’t faced a slick southpaw before. McCloskey is what I call a square on southpaw, who are easy to hit. A slick southpaw stays side on, show’s you one punch and hits you with another. Judah isn’t an attacking southpaw, he’s a counter puncher and that means Amir has to make the fight. If he wants to win
he’ll need to come out of the blocks and take the fight to Judah. He’s away from home and there’ll be an army of fans baying for blood. He needs to perform.”

“I hear Judah has employed the legendary Pernell Whitaker as his chief trainer for this fight. If Whitaker can get him to listen, and what he’s teaching sticks, this fight becomes very interesting. Pernell Whitaker for me was the 2nd best fighter of all time; I’ve even nicknamed my daughter ‘Sweat Pea’ after him! He was the complete boxer, great jab, movement, superb balance and a fantastic technician. If even a portion of this rubs off on Judah then we’ve got a real fight on our hands!”

“This fight is what we want to see from Amir. He’s taking on legitimate champions and challengers. We know what Khan brings to the table, now we need to see what Zab Judah has left. Judah is not shot, he may be the wrong side of thirty but he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve!”

“Judah also brings a different level of ring experience than Khan has faced before. When he fought Barrera, that was great management from Khan’s camp. That wasn’t the great Barrera he fought, the Marco Antonio Barrera who fought the trilogy of wars with Erik Morales. Barrera was on the slide and Khan fought him at exactly the right time. The question is, has he got Judah at the right time?”

“It’s a potential banana skin for him but I don’t think Khan will lose this. He’s proven that he’s
physically, and mentally, mature enough to handle someone of Judah’s stature. Really this fight comes down to a battle of the trainers and a battle of tactics. It’s a battle between Freddie Roach and Pernell Whitaker and it’ll depend on who gets the tactics right on the night, what they’re saying in the corners. This is a fight you don’t want to miss!”

The eagerly anticipated Khan vs Judah bout promises an evening of nonstop action on the UK’s leading independent PPV broadcaster – Primetime!

You can order the card for only £14.95 by calling 08712004444*, visiting www.primetimelive.co.uk or using the Virgin Media ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah: “This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The Trainers” Empty Re: Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah: “This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The Trainers”

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:32 am

I see Khan's record has been corrected, well done!

Is the Bute/Mendy fight available online?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah: “This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The Trainers” Empty Re: Duke McKenzie on Khan vs Judah: “This Is Going To Be A Battle Of The Trainers”

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:35 am

Certainly an interesting one this. Whilst I still back Khan to win, I feel that Judah may make things uncomfortable for Khan to begin with, almost matching him for speed and packing a decent wallop himself.

Khan by UD has to be the betting route, not too sure what the odds are but I will certainly have a punt on that if they are decent.

Decent analysis from McKenzie that.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:36 am

Union Cane wrote:I see Khan's record has been corrected, well done!

Yes it's available to stream live online for free

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 am

Pretty pleased about that, it is refreshing to see an organisation realise that a fight isn't PPV worthy but still go to the effort of streaming it to fight fans.

Hopefully a fair few of our members will tune in. Personally I am looking forward to getting another look at Bute, as my mind still isn't made up about him...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:25 am

Primetime wrote:
Union Cane wrote:I see Khan's record has been corrected, well done!

Yes it's available to stream live online for free

Thanks will definately be tuning in.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Has the undercard been confirmed?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:16 pm

School Project wrote:Has the undercard been confirmed?

we're still confirming the televised undercard for Khan vs judah and I'll update eveyone shortly

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Tarvis Simms v Peter Quillin 10
Gary Russell Jr v Paul Truscott 10
Bryant Jennings v Theron Johnson 6

Some crackers to pick from there...

You could always show Fury v Chisora...

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Union Cane wrote:Tarvis Simms v Peter Quillin 10

Fury vs Chisora is being shown on ch5 along with Khan build up from 9pm on 23rd July

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Khan will jab his head off following by making him eat right hands, and stop him or win a wide UD, shot to bits.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Union Cane wrote:Tarvis Simms v Peter Quillin 10

Nice one Union!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Paulie Malinaggi was a southpaw, and therefore Amir contrary to what Duke said, he has already faced a speedy southpaw. Also similar to Paulie, a fighter who has seen better days.

Added to that I doubt Zab hits any harder than Maidana!

I expect a ramrod jab and some combos that will make Zab quit or get stopped after 9 rounds or Khan by a clear UD.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:09 pm

mikeymax71 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Paulie Malinaggi was a southpaw, and therefore Amir contrary to what Duke said, he has already faced a speedy southpaw. Also similar to Paulie, a fighter who has seen better days.

Added to that I doubt Zab hits any harder than Maidana!

I expect a ramrod jab and some combos that will make Zab quit or get stopped after 9 rounds or Khan by a clear UD.

I think Malignaggi was shot as well but still as more at this stage, he has an heart, Judah's got no heart, he quit against Clottey after being used as a punchbag, doesn't have the mental strength

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Gotta love Duke Mckenzie.

"He's gone mate"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down