The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...Here's Eddie...

3 posters

Go down

...Here's Eddie... Empty ...Here's Eddie...

Post by oxring Tue 15 Feb 2011, 2:26 am

Great news boxing fans!

Philly native "fast" Eddie Chambers is back in the game and up and running, with a commanding 12 round UD over Derick Rossy - putting him in prime position for a shot at Wlad Klistchko for the IBF title - if he beats the winner of Peter-Harris.

Wonderful.

The more keen-eyed amongst you will have noticed the obvious flaw in this.

He's already been defeated by Wlad. Less than a year ago.

This wonderful system of eliminators seems to have provided us with one thing. Wlad and Vit have between them demolished the top 10-15 HWs. So the eliminators only serve to provide them with old meat to re-tenderize, chew and spit out.

Would anyone be excited about a Wlad-Chambers re-match?

I like Eddie - he has good skills. He is, however, a level below Wlad and Vit - and re-fighting them will only serve to prove this.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

...Here's Eddie... Empty Re: ...Here's Eddie...

Post by azania Tue 15 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm

This is the problem with boxing in a nutshell. Who the hell is Derick Rossy? I doubt he is a household in his own household. And because he beats him he has a shot at the world title? Bring back Audley...all is forgiven.

FFS, this is the heavyweight championship of the world. not some regional or city championship.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Feb 2011, 10:09 pm

This is the problem with boxing in a nutshell. Who the hell is Derick Rossy? I doubt he is a household in his own household. And because he beats him he has a shot at the world title? Bring back Audley...all is forgiven.

FFS, this is the heavyweight championship of the world. not some regional or city championship.

Peter? Sam Peter? Cripes!!!! Who the F is Harris? My mate Harry Harris? I'm going to McDonalds to eat 3 Big Macs and a Big Tasty for the next 3 weeks and hopefully I'll get a shot at Wlad.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Thu 17 Feb 2011, 7:12 pm

oxring wrote:
Would anyone be excited about a Wlad-Chambers re-match?

I like Eddie - he has good skills. He is, however, a level below Wlad and Vit - and re-fighting them will only serve to prove this.

~ Sir, most assuredly Mr. Chambers may be a level or two down from the brothers, but he's 2 levels above Mr. Povetkin now and at least par with Mr. Chagaev.

Alas, the burden for modern heavies is that those brave enough to challenge the brothers who go down to defeat are downgraded below those other marshmallows fighting the Spongecake Bobs, thus we have the upcoming battle of the quack~quack who can do the duck walk best in your bonnie lands.

I'd rather see Mr. Eddie having another crack at glory since he does what a fighter is supposed to do, that of actually fighting his way into contention against the best opposition!
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Perfessor Albertus Lion V

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down