The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson - Early Prediction

5 posters

Go down

Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson - Early Prediction Empty Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson - Early Prediction

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:36 pm

Although this fight is a couple of months away, I thought I'd get your opinion on how this fight will go.

I think that this fight heavily relies on how "Bothered" Dawson is. If he ups his work rate he could make this a nigh on impossible night for B-Hop, with the man possessing such skills. However there is a chance B-Hop will take charge and fight to his own pace and land clean and effective enough work, however this is not like fightint Jean Pascal, Dawson is awkward at times and difficult to land on and can be very dangerous at times. He can hit hard and is an awkward southpaw, but I like everyone else just want to grab Chad and just scream look like you're interested!!! He drifts through fights too much but when he does get going he can be one of the most dangerous LH's around imo.

I think this would be one of Bernard's most incredible win at 46 years of age for me if he could best the young Dawson, maybe even overshadowing Trinidad, although it depends on the manner of the victory.

It's a close fight to call really most probably will be a decision, but I could see B-Hop taking enough early rounds to just clinch it over Chad, seeing as he drifts, however If Chad is switched on I can see trouble for B-Hop.

What's your guys take?

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson - Early Prediction Empty Re: Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson - Early Prediction

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:58 pm

As long as BHop doesnt get old over night (he shows no sign of it but has to someday) I see him being too good and too clever for Chad.

Even though hes a better fighter and more skilled than Pavlik i can see the fight going along the same lines. Dawson doesnt have the power or workrate to trouble Hopkins. Never been sold on him. Wide UD for Hopkins.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson - Early Prediction Empty Re: Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson - Early Prediction

Post by manos de piedra Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

Scrappy messy fight where Hopkins gets robbed is a safe enough bet these days

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

Can only see the great man doing it again with a wide points victory, fighters like Pavlik, Pascal and Calzaghe do on the face of it have more to worry Hopkins than Dawson who realistically is never going to outbox him, despite being 46 his skillset is so far ahead of everyone else it's insane.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:45 am

Impossible to call, for me.

Hopkins must, at some point, finally bow to Mother Nature and nobody knows when it will happen, or whether it will be against a top tier fighter or in a routine outing against less than stellar opposition.

If I were a betting man - which I'm not - I wouldn't risk a single penny on any Hopkins fight here on in.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down