The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free boxing tonight from 7pm on Primetime - Bute vs Mendy

+7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Scottrf
Il Gialloblu
Young_Towzer
Fists of Fury
paperbag_puncher
Primetime
11 posters

Go down

Free boxing tonight from 7pm on Primetime - Bute vs Mendy Empty Free boxing tonight from 7pm on Primetime - Bute vs Mendy

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:10 am

Here's what Duke McKenzie though of tonights free fight

Duke McKenzie on Bute vs Mendy:
“Bute is the genuine article!”
IBF Super Middleweight World Title
When: Saturday 9th July 7pm
What: Lucian Bute vs Jean Paul Mendy
Where: All on Primetime: Sky channel 480 and online at www.primetimelive.co.uk
Primetime caught up with former IBF Flyweight and WBO Super Bantamweight Champion Duke McKenzie to discuss this weekend’s World Championship Boxing event which is being shown free on Primetime. Here’s what he had to say;

“Lucian Bute is the genuine article, alongside Carl Froch and Andre Ward he’s one of the flag bearers of the Super Middleweight division. This guy ticks every box, it’s a shame he wasn’t in the Super Six but regardless of that he’s there waiting to fight the winner. For me, outside the main two, Pacquiao and Mayweather, Bute is right up there in the pound for pound category with probably Sergio Martinez the middleweight world champion. Boxing, for me, is in a very healthy state just now, you’ve got Champions and Super Champions – and these guys are Super Champions.”
“Not being in the Super Six won’t be affecting Bute, he’s doing the right things staying active and fighting all the other contenders out there waiting to fight the winner and let’s hope that’s Carl Froch!”
“Jean Paul Mendy will be a dangerous opponent; Bute has everything to lose and nothing to gain in this one. Everyone will be expecting Bute to go out there and put on another master class in this fight. There’s a lot of hard work goes in to becoming a champion but even more to stay champion. You have to walk it, talk it, live it and breath it 24/7 and try not to look it. Bute doesn’t look like a boxer and that says how good he is! You expect a boxer to have the flat nose and cauliflower ears but Bute has none of that and that’s what you want as a fighter.”
“Bute will want to put on a performance fighting back in his home town, he won’t be training like a champion – he’ll be training like a challenger so he performs like a champion.”
“Mendy’s last fight was controversial, being knocked out by Bika while he was on his knees, and we won’t know how this will affect him until the bell goes. There may be a psychological affect and I would have liked to see him take a warm up fight or two before this to get his confidence back. This is a massive fight for Mendy, he’ll realise that, but the magnitude of it may not hit him until he gets in the ring. It speaks volumes for the man that he was prepared to take this fight straight away.”
“For me Bute is the complete article and I can’t see a flaw in him. He’s got good stamina hits hard, commands respect, he’s a great body puncher and he looks like he’s getting better and better. Nobody knows just how good this fighter is yet as he keeps putting away everyone put in front of him and is looking good doing it. Best of all is he’s staying active, he’s not waiting for the Super Six to finish, as he knows he’ll need to be at his sharpest to face either Carl Froch or Andre Ward and I can’t wait to see this fight on Saturday!”

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Free boxing tonight from 7pm on Primetime - Bute vs Mendy Empty Re: Free boxing tonight from 7pm on Primetime - Bute vs Mendy

Post by paperbag_puncher Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:25 am

I prob rate Bute a lot higher than most on here but wow does Duke really over sell him.. I thought it was SRR fighting Mendy for a minute...

I do think hes more than capable of beating Froch or Ward though.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Free boxing tonight from 7pm on Primetime - Bute vs Mendy Empty Re: Free boxing tonight from 7pm on Primetime - Bute vs Mendy

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

paperbag_puncher wrote:I prob rate Bute a lot higher than most on here but wow does Duke really over sell him.. I thought it was SRR fighting Mendy for a minute...

I do think hes more than capable of beating Froch or Ward though.

Duke is a great guy and never shy of giving an opinion!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Definitely looking forward to seeing some more of Bute, and it's great that this is being shown for free by a PPV organisation, so credit where it's due for doing that.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm

I stopped reading when McKenzie said Bute was in the same bracket as Martinez, not even close, the guy's a phoney, why didn't he want out to do with the super 6? it's an insult he's rated above Ward, Froch who have consistently fought the best. But it's plain laughable to suggest he's on Martinez' level, Sergio beat Cintron, Pavlik, Williams, Dzinziruk, i'm struggling to name 1 fighter on Bute's record who's world level.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:I stopped reading when McKenzie said Bute was in the same bracket as Martinez, not even close, the guy's a phoney, why didn't he want out to do with the super 6? it's an insult he's rated above Ward, Froch who have consistently fought the best. But it's plain laughable to suggest he's on Martinez' level, Sergio beat Cintron, Pavlik, Williams, Dzinziruk, i'm struggling to name 1 fighter on Bute's record who's world level.

Bute wasn't in the Super 6 due to his TV deal at the time not allowing it, it wasn't a matter of choice. Bute has since signed with showtime and is scheduled to be the first fighter to face the winner of the super 6, be it Ward or Froch. To be fair to Bute he has kept busy while the super six has been ongoing and there isn't much else in that division he could have been facing., those he has faced he has beaten well and he couldn't have done much more.....

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Nice selling of your man there, Primetime.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Anyone watching? Dinu just knocked out Tamin.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Yeah he looked good there!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 pm

How do I watch on virgin media?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Hmm he was getting pounded on the ropes, it froze, switched to MMA then a Khan advertisement.

Dee- http://my.primetimelive.co.uk/home.aspx

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:How do I watch on virgin media?

Sorry this fight isn't on Virgin but you can watch online at www.primetimelive.co.uk

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 pm

First time I've seen mid fight scoring in a couple of years.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Scottrf wrote:First time I've seen mid fight scoring in a couple of years.

It's a WBC thing, they've done it for a little while

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Haven't seen it since Vitali vs Peter, I imagine I've seen a fair few WBC fights in that time.

Or maybe I just haven't noticed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Have to love bodyshot KO's.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Hattons lives long in the memory!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Do they get paid for each Khan mention?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Scottrf wrote:Do they get paid for each Khan mention?

Lol, come on we have to push the Khan fight!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Would just like to add my thanks to Primetime for sharing. Switched over from Sky to Virgin a while back and wasn't happy to see that I'd lost the Primetime channel, so this stream is a welcome relief! Cheers!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:26 pm

How are you supposed to watch online? Do I have to sign up to primetime?

I'm on the site now and can't see anywhere to watch?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:How are you supposed to watch online? Do I have to sign up to primetime?

I'm on the site now and can't see anywhere to watch?

click buy now, then watch online and sign up for the free item Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Bute is good but Ward would spoil him and UD him while Froch would probably overwhelm him late for a stoppage or a close decision.

Bute is still the guy who Andrade knocked out and needed a 15 count from the ref to escape.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:33 pm

What a finish!!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Goodnight!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:35 pm

peach of a shot!!!
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Now step up FFS Bute.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Ooooph! And just when I thought Mendy was starting to work his way in to the fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Great shot but Bute has to fight Kessler or Pavlik next.

I mean Sakio Bika had Mendy beat in the first but for a marginal late shot.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Captain Charisma wrote:Great shot but Bute has to fight Kessler or Pavlik next.

Kessler turned him down according to one of Bute's team.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Thanks for watching guys, hope you enjoyed the fights tonight! Join us again in two weeks for Khan vs Judah

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Primetime wrote:Thanks for watching guys, hope you enjoyed the fights tonight! Join us again in two weeks for Khan vs Judah

Joking aint ya?, i'll be having 8 fosters watching Del Boy beat Fury then off to walkabout to dance daft! boooom Very Happy £15 or whatever to see Khan destroy a shot has been nah thanks.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:51 pm

PS Froch, Ward would both take that fraud to school

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:52 pm

I wish someone took you to school.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:01 pm

I think i'm one of the only people who rate Bute. His opposition hasn't been all that great, but apart from the super 6 who else is there to fight? he's got good skills with an excellent uppercut and he's an effective body puncher. I do think he's lazy and at times keeps his hands far too low, but I think he's exciting to watch.

Hopefully Froch wins the super 6, as I feel a fight with him and Bute would be a barnstormer.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Captain Charisma wrote:Great shot but Bute has to fight Kessler or Pavlik next.

Kessler turned him down according to one of Bute's team.

Yeah it might be Kessler Steigletz and Bute Pavlik more than likely. Super Middle is a great division.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:33 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:I think i'm one of the only people who rate Bute. His opposition hasn't been all that great, but apart from the super 6 who else is there to fight? he's got good skills with an excellent uppercut and he's an effective body puncher. I do think he's lazy and at times keeps his hands far too low, but I think he's exciting to watch.

Hopefully Froch wins the super 6, as I feel a fight with him and Bute would be a barnstormer.

He should of gone in the super 6, he could of fought Pascal, he turned the fight down numerous times, he's a fraud imo, not in terms of ability, he is a decent fighter with good power, etc but its fraudulant how he can be rated number 1, based on what?. Froch and Ward have shown the bottle to step up and fight and beat the best, he hasn't Magee, Mendy, terrible opposition.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:19 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:I think i'm one of the only people who rate Bute. His opposition hasn't been all that great, but apart from the super 6 who else is there to fight? he's got good skills with an excellent uppercut and he's an effective body puncher. I do think he's lazy and at times keeps his hands far too low, but I think he's exciting to watch.

He should of gone in the super 6, he could of fought Pascal, he turned the fight down numerous times, he's a fraud imo, not in terms of ability, he is a decent fighter with good power, etc but its fraudulant how he can be rated number 1, based on what?. Froch and Ward have shown the bottle to step up and fight and beat the best, he hasn't Magee, Mendy, terrible opposition.

Firstly, I do not rate him as number one in the division, a close 3-4 after Ward, Froch and possibly Kessler. I know Boxrec rate him as number one, but that's probably because he was the only super middleweight willing to have their photograph taken in that terrible T-shirt.

As stated above, his obligations to his TV deal stopped his participation in the super 6, irregardless of whether he would have wanted to or not. So who else could he fight during the super 6 period? Maybe Pascal, but he wasn't his IBF mandatory. Promoters in Britain do exactly he same thing, once their fighter wins the title, milk it with a few easy defenses. Pascal then lost to Froch and moved to light heavyweight. The only other fights that he could have taken were Stieglitz (spelling) or Sartison, who wouldn't really have boosted his profile all that much.

I agree with you that he has not done anything to be rated above Froch, Ward or maybe even Kessler, but there's no doubt he is a talented fighter.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down