The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ariel Helwani interview with Chael Sonnen - funny

+4
talkingpoint
easthfc
hockeyking0011
gibbo104
8 posters

Go down

Ariel Helwani interview with Chael Sonnen - funny Empty Ariel Helwani interview with Chael Sonnen - funny

Post by gibbo104 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

Has anyone seen this interview yet with Chael Sonnen? Sonnen does his normal trash talking but does it well. I thought it was very funny in parts, he rips on Brazil massively! lol
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hobo on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added spoiler tags to the footage - site rules to keep it low visibility for worktime surfers.)

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Ariel Helwani interview with Chael Sonnen - funny Empty Re: Ariel Helwani interview with Chael Sonnen - funny

Post by hockeyking0011 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm

Wow, how to come across as a masssssssssssive dick in one simple interview.

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Ariel Helwani interview with Chael Sonnen - funny Empty Re: Ariel Helwani interview with Chael Sonnen - funny

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:04 pm

hockeyking0011 wrote:Wow, how to come across as a masssssssssssive dick in one simple interview.

Have to agree with you there, what is the guys problem? I kind of found it amusing in a way but but the guy kept going on & on dissing fighter after fighter & has some problem with Brazil/Brazilians, definitely wont be cheering this guy on. To be honest he started off ok & did bring up some interesting points with regards to his loss against Silva, the whole p4p thing (him incl if he'd beaten silva), the use of ped's/TRT within the sport & his views on fighters who'd been successful in Pride but not so much in MMA in the USA. What do you guys think about his allegations of Pride? A thoroughly disgusting individual the more I think about him in this interview, surprised he got away with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Mon 11 Jul 2011, 10:46 am

I find the guy hilarious. The best interviewee in mma apart from Rampage imo.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

easthfc wrote:I find the guy hilarious. The best interviewee in mma apart from Rampage imo.

must agree with you "I choose my medium very carefully; I went to the internet - if I knew Brazil had computers I never would have chosen the internet!" ROFL Laugh OK

Sonnen is a very articulate fighter; I was actually very impressed that he could articulate himself so lucidly for 19 minutes. Some other sportsmen can't manage that and they don't get their heads punched for a living! However, Sonnen is also supremely arrogant, sarcastic and condescending. I thought his comments on the P4P debate were quite true - it is all hypothetical and can be taken too far, but I thought it was incredibly unprofessional to insinuate that BJJ is homo-erotic; he was very dismissive of the success of BJJ in MMA. He is entertaining to listen to and quite controversial but I don't agree with everything he said.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 1:28 pm

Won't do anything for 25 minutes? His missus must be happy

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu9vCdsFUBc

At least he's honest. "I do not want to fight Chris Leben"

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

I must admit I think Chael is funny, I understand that some people won’t like him because of what he says but every interview I hear from him I always end up laughing, plus there is no denying that he is a very good mixed martial artist.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:32 am

Yeah I love it. Its not even head games it actual ego. Thats why its great when he gets beaten. Like the Damian Mia fight, he was giving it "Mias run through team Quest ends tonight and I'm gonna finish him in the first round". Can see why he's bitter about the Anderson fight though

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:03 am

He's in total denial about the Anderson fight - back in Oregon blah blah blah, the irony is for all his trash talk about BJJ he was beaten by BJJ plain and simple. Anderson had him in the triangle choke and he tapped!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:05 am

Thought the interview was fantastic - loved the bit where he was talking about P4P - "its like asking Batman vs Superman" - genius!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:22 pm

He's one of the best interviewee's in any sport!

You need people like him, sport would be dull without people like Sonnen who say things other's are afraid of or simply trash talks.

He would have been superb in The Ultimate Fighter!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:54 pm

TipToes88 wrote:Yeah I love it. Its not even head games it actual ego. Thats why its great when he gets beaten. Like the Damian Mia fight, he was giving it "Mias run through team Quest ends tonight and I'm gonna finish him in the first round". Can see why he's bitter about the Anderson fight though

Why? He was beating Silva throughout but couldn't finish him then tapped out! Sounds like he's a poor loser. As I said in my first post the guy did talk some sense & raised some good points & was amusing but the whole Brazil thing was disrespectful & below the belt which verged on racism (Brazil being a nation not a race). He says that BJJ is homo erotic but he himself is a wrestler & thats not? The fact he's been beaten by a lot of Brazilians probably has something to do with this. Must admit the guy is a good fighter & good to watch. He needs a decent win & should push for a return against Silva.

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

Thats exactly why I can see how he's bitter though. If you'd poured everything on some guy and had a iron clad decision coming your way then you were forced to tap out are you telling me you wouldn't be bitter? If not at the other fighter certainly yourself. Which is what alot of his trash talk is, because he's such a poor loser who probably takes his losses to heart he projects his bitterness at others.

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:35 pm

I don't think he's that bitter. IMO he is aware 95% of what he is saying is balls.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:46 pm

He summed it up himself when he said "its fighting talk".

He wants another shot at the champ.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:49 pm

TipToes88 wrote:Thats exactly why I can see how he's bitter though. If you'd poured everything on some guy and had a iron clad decision coming your way then you were forced to tap out are you telling me you wouldn't be bitter? If not at the other fighter certainly yourself. Which is what alot of his trash talk is, because he's such a poor loser who probably takes his losses to heart he projects his bitterness at others.

Yes I see where you are coming from now, I kind of misunderstood what you wrote or rather misinterpreted 'bitter'. Yes of course I'd feel gutted if I lost like he did, so very very close yet so far. One thing with regards to the Silva fight he almost puts it across that Silva did something wrong in the way he fought or how he got the win, I think thats where I misunderstood you first time round. Still dont think its right to hate on Brazil, Brazilians & BJJ because you mostly lose to them!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 12 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

The ironic thing is Sonnen slates Machida, the Nogueira brothers and Anderson Silva and yet praises GSP for being the real deal, despite the fact that GSP is a black belt in Karate & BJJ! 🤦

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

talkingpoint wrote:The ironic thing is Sonnen slates Machida, the Nogueira brothers and Anderson Silva and yet praises GSP for being the real deal, despite the fact that GSP is a black belt in Karate & BJJ! 🤦

If there was any logic in anything Sonnen says then he wouldnt be nearly half as entertaining as he is.

Carry on with talking b*llocks Sonnen, its why I seek out your interviews :-D

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

easthfc wrote:I don't think he's that bitter. IMO he is aware 95% of what he is saying is balls.

Totally agree, he's simply talking trash to promote himself which also promotes the sport.

The UFC probably encourages him as things would be duller without him.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:39 pm

If there was any logic in anything Sonnen says then he wouldnt be nearly half as entertaining as he is.

Carry on with talking b*llocks Sonnen, its why I seek out your interviews :-D

This

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 16 Jul 2011, 3:43 am

Brilliant interview, he seemed a little bit more rowdy near the end, the alcohol he was drinking must have helped.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down