The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most dejected you've ever felt after a fight!!

+25
milkyboy
bhb001
AZZJ44
ironclad
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
Fists of Fury
lightsout
BALTIMORA
rycoys
Strongback
Seanusarrilius
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
consigliare
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Liam_Main
Scottrf
Rowley
HumanWindmill
oxring
King Raoh
The Galveston Giant
Young_Towzer
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
29 posters

Go down

The most dejected you've ever felt after a fight!! Empty The most dejected you've ever felt after a fight!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:35 am

You know what it's like when the adrenalin pumps in anticipation of the big fight.....All the build up, maybe a dream about the fight in the days before and..........bang it's over and it's been a dud!!!

Which one fight sticks out for you as rendering you the most dejected you've ever felt over a fight...for me..

Holmes-Spinks 2........Figured Larry would race out and jump on Spinks...Which he did but then the fight deteroiorated into a borefest!!! Dejected because it was a bore and because my second favorite fighter got shafted by the judges....

Yep never felt lower than I did in 86......Bad year...Larry lost..Curry lost and my third favorite Livingstone got battered also..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The most dejected you've ever felt after a fight!! Empty Re: The most dejected you've ever felt after a fight!!

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 am

As a very young lad, Frank Bruno was my first boxing hero - so you can imagine how disappointed I was, at the age of seven, to see him battered in three short rounds by Tyson in 1996. It was the first fight I can really remember getting truly excited for, and even though I evidently had no clue what I was talking about, I felt sure that big Frank was going to do it. The excitement when my Dad woke me up in the early hours to watch it didn't last long.

In more recent times, the Woods-Tarver fight is one that left me feeling a bit flat at the end. Never been a fan of Tarver and I felt that Woods had a genuinely good chance of getting the win, but the result - but more so Woods' frustrating performance - left me in a bit of a mood.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

The most dejected you've ever felt after a fight!! Empty Re: The most dejected you've ever felt after a fight!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:44 am

Terrible Bruno wasn't he...scared stiff and went on to moan that 3.1 million wasn't enough.....Shouldn't have been paid at all.

Bramble-Rosario was a letdown...Thought Livingstone was the real deal and he just basically lay on the ropes and let Rosario batter him..Ruined a superfight with macho too..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 am

You must of been devestated when Honeyghan absolutely smashed Curry to bits. Was gutted when Arthur lost to Cook, had £20 on Arthur, and when Wlad beat Haye, was devestated he never knocked Haye out.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:27 am

I'd have been devastated if you hadn't of brought it up..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:34 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'd have been devastated if you hadn't of brought it up..

Lol, i was only having a bit of banter with you, i was gutted when Mitchell got sparked off Katsidis, had a few quid on him and fancied him to really do a job on Katsidis, was gutted when Ricky lost to Manny just as much as well, and when Munroe lost to Nishioka, because he had a foothold when he was bullying the Jap but was ultimately outclassed.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:53 am

Looking at the other thread gave me the idea of Naseem Hamed vs Manuel Calvo, it's not the worst but not far off, really disappointing.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by King Raoh Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:53 am

Good topic.. I'll do this in three stages.

Earliest disappointment had to be Bruno losing to Witherspoon.. I as devastated. To be fair I was only about 7 or 8 years old and tears fell.

Teenage years would have to say Benn losing to Eubank.. lost cash that night Gutted.

Lastly I would have have to say Holyfield/Bowe 3. I couldn't stand Bowe and loved Evander. It hurt deep when Bowe pulled that one out of the bag.

King Raoh

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 am

Most recently - I was absolutely horrified by RJJ-Lebedev - especially the way the referee stood by and let one of the greatest talents ever to lace up a pair be near-decapitated by left hook.

That's the worst feeling I've had after a fight in recent times.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 am

Ali's loss to Frazier first time out left me absolutely shattered. Despite the layoff and despite the quality of Frazier, I simply couldn't believe that Ali could ever lose.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:04 am

Naz Barrera, sorry even now that is as much as I can say about it

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 am

HumanWindmill wrote:Ali's loss to Frazier first time out left me absolutely shattered. Despite the layoff and despite the quality of Frazier, I simply couldn't believe that Ali could ever lose.

I would of been the other way around, i thought Ali was disgusting the way he spoke of Frazier, that left hook he floored Ali with was heavenly, Ali's chin was cast iron though, got up as though he was climbing out of bed.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 am

Naz Barrera for me.

As a teenager at the time, Naz was the first fighter I followed closely and got excited watching.

Whilst I knew beforehand that MAB was awesome, that fight made me realise how far Naz had fallen and that he was never going to fulfil the early promise.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 am

I was surprised..Thought Barrera was on the slide..

Certainly a masterful performance from Barrera.......Who I wanted to win if i'm honest

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I was surprised..Thought Barrera was on the slide..

Certainly a masterful performance from Barrera.......Who I wanted to win if i'm honest

I will agree with you there, Marco won 13 of the 12 rounds Very Happy really was that dominant on the night

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:53 am

Young_Towzer wrote:

I will agree with you there, Marco won 13 of the 12 rounds Very Happy really was that dominant on the night
No he wasn't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:54 am

When Ricky lost to Mayweather I was devastated really did think he could do it. Also as some have said gutted when Naz lost another who I thought was in a real shout of winning.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:55 am

Scottrf wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

No he wasn't.

He was. Watch the fight again, then get back to me laughing

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:58 am

You might want to tell all the judges, publications and TV networks to rewatch it too then.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:58 am

116-112 I had it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:02 am

Better than your 10-1-1 scoring Wink

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 am

You think...

I was being generous to Manny...10-1-1

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:10 am

Of course, you're robbing Marquez of the second round...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:34 am

Tyson Holyfiel II. Sat up for what seemed like forever at my mates house, bunch of us having a drink, playing cards killing time til the fight, if I remember right it came on really late, about 5am I think. No matter though, it would be worth the wait I thought. And then Tyson bites evanders lug-hole off and the whole thing is over in a matter of moments. Remember trudging back to mine in the early morning drizzle, hangover setting in before I'd even gone to sleep, feeling seriously peed off at boxing in general and Tyson in particular.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:38 am

When Tyson lost to Danny Williams after looking good for 1 round. Crying or Very sad

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 am

Seeing a fighter I grew up watching and have always been a big fan of in Shane Mosley put in a performance like he did against Manny Pacquiao. No desire to win the fight just to last the distance and get a payday.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:44 am

Scottrf wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

No he wasn't.

Have to disagree there. 116-111 I made it - including a points deduction meant Barrera won 9-3. That's quite comprehensive.

Yes, it wasn't the beatdown it has morphed to since, which seems to have Barrera hitting Hamed with everything except the stool and the ring bell and Hamed unable to find Barrera even with a sniper rifle. Hamed had his moments - but too few and far inbetween.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 am

prettyboykev wrote:Seeing a fighter I grew up watching and have always been a big fan of in Shane Mosley put in a performance like he did against Manny Pacquiao. No desire to win the fight just to last the distance and get a payday.

Was a shocking performance.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:01 am

naz v barrera
hatton v pac man
woods v tarver is a good shout too

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:07 am

oxring wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

No he wasn't.

Have to disagree there. 116-111 I made it - including a points deduction meant Barrera won 9-3. That's quite comprehensive.

Yes, it wasn't the beatdown it has morphed to since, which seems to have Barrera hitting Hamed with everything except the stool and the ring bell and Hamed unable to find Barrera even with a sniper rifle. Hamed had his moments - but too few and far inbetween.
You haven't really disagreed with me there tbh...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 am

oxring wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

No he wasn't.

It wasn't the number of rounds he won by it was the way Barrera progressively schooled the cocky, disrespectful Naz more and more as the fight went on. The coup de grace was when Barrera lifted Naz up and bounced him up off the ring post. Naz was a little git that mocked Barrera throughout the fight but Barrea ended up treating Naz like his b*tch. The manner of Barrera's victory is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in a boxing ring. Something I wanted to see since Naz totally, utterly and unnecessarily humiliated and mocked his Italia opponent the night he won the Euro Title.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 pm

looking for a taxi in the hamurg rain after bring convinced the haymaker would be bringing the belts back , very dejected Rolling Eyes

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Recent one would have to be after Froch-Kessler, 'cause there was no reason for him to have lost, he just let his pace slip.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

No he wasn't.

He was. Watch the fight again, then get back to me laughing

How the hell does anyone get the Barrera/Naz fight to be anything but a very wide decision for Barrera...........begs belief......Naz got schooled and took some heavy hits along the way.......and then Naz Doh did what all great champions do and promptly retired.....

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:53 pm

rycoys wrote:looking for a taxi in the hamurg rain after bring convinced the haymaker would be bringing the belts back , very dejected Rolling Eyes

I didn't think he would win, but I experienced the looking for a taxi debacle as well, what a nightmare, totally and utterly dejected!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
rycoys wrote:looking for a taxi in the hamurg rain after bring convinced the haymaker would be bringing the belts back , very dejected Rolling Eyes

I didn't think he would win, but I experienced the looking for a taxi debacle as well, what a nightmare, totally and utterly dejected!

Did you have "i've just spent a fortune on that farce" moment as well?! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Mayweather vs Marquez - I thought PBF would win but disappointing to stay up and see such a one sided fight

Hatton vs Pac - was on holiday and me and the mates had been out drinking all day and night and then had to be in a pub by 2 to watch it so stayed in pub for 2 hours when everyone was knackered, telling the my mates who are mostly not big boxing fans it'll be worth it for it to end so quick!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Whole weekend cost me 500ish quid mate, not bad for a trip away that includes a fight!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Whole weekend cost me 500ish quid mate, not bad for a trip away that includes a fight!

That's pretty good.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ironclad Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:16 pm

have to say that herol graham vs julian jackson was a bit of a kick in the teeth. reaally thought herol was about to be a world champion which he fully deserved. then out of nowhere one of the sickest knockouts ever. truly gutted for herol that night

ironclad

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Tyson Vs Buster Douglas
Hearns Leonard 2
Barrera vs Morales 1, really wanted to see a touch more defensive qualities

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 pm

McGuighan s Cruz for me, especially as the heat etc were sch a major factor. Knowing that a show down with Azumah Nelson was now unlikely left me depressed

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 am

one for truss (the flip side anyway) honey v starling

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:49 am

I was devastated too Milky.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 am

Tyson v Douglas.

Heart broken

tears flowing

dejected like a muther.......

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshsmith Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:05 am

When Bernard Humphrey Hopkins Jr....The Executioner
got his mealy mouthed closed shut by a "White" Guy.....

Joshsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am

Felt like Hatton always had a chance being the bigger man against MP, thought if he could push MP back he would be able to outbrawl him...

Over in a couple of rounds was devastated...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 am

Strongback wrote:
oxring wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

No he wasn't.

It wasn't the number of rounds he won by it was the way Barrera progressively schooled the cocky, disrespectful Naz more and more as the fight went on. The coup de grace was when Barrera lifted Naz up and bounced him up off the ring post. Naz was a little git that mocked Barrera throughout the fight but Barrea ended up treating Naz like his b*tch. The manner of Barrera's victory is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in a boxing ring. Something I wanted to see since Naz totally, utterly and unnecessarily humiliated and mocked his Italia opponent the night he won the Euro Title.

I thought Naz was respectful during the build up??? I remember him talking about KOs MAB but not being a nob about it. Also, MAB said after that Naz was far better to deal with than Erik - and they had a handbag moment/punch up during one promo.

More recently, I was dejected when Cotto lost to Margs.

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Benn v Eubank II

Although I was a big Benn [like the play on words there? laughing ] fan I had actually backed Eubank in 1st fight as I had a feeling Nige would blow himself out. Won a tidy sum too.
2nd time around I watched it in the bar of my Saturday football club with some team mates, two of whom had bets with each other as to who would win. At the end of the fight we were all convinced Nige had won by at least 2 rounds, so was gutted when the verdict of the judges announced it as a draw. Even the guy that had backed Eubank handed over the money to the Benn fan.

Also Benn v McLellan - great fight awful outcome for Gman;
Watson v Eubank - so glad Chris was finally going to get his comeuppance, then he produces a perfectly timed uppercut & the aftermath was too terrible to contemplate.
Haye v Klitschko - had been looking forward to it all year, even phoned in sick for work as I was due to have been working, awful fight - should have gone to work!

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down