The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somerset Vs. Notts

3 posters

Go down

Somerset Vs. Notts Empty Somerset Vs. Notts

Post by JDizzle Mon 11 Jul 2011, 7:00 pm

Good start to the game for us after being trouble early on at 48-4. Despite being nicknamed "Trescomerset" by Eoin Morgan on Twitter we showed that we have more guys who can step up with great knocks from Hildreth (137) and Kieswetter (151*) and putting on a record 5th wicket partnership for Somerset vs Notts. Hopefully Craig can keep going tomorrow morning and give us 450 in our first innings and then let Murali do his stuff! If we can press hope this advantage it would be a good performance against a good side!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Somerset Vs. Notts Empty Re: Somerset Vs. Notts

Post by hodge Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:21 am

looks like Hildreth may have just started scoring runs again at the right time if KP fails to score runs in the India series

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

Good knock from Craig aswell. Carrying his good form from the ODI series into the CC games. I would say that he might be the number 2 to Matt Prior in the selectros minds for the Test side now.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

End of day 3 - looks like match may end in a draw unless there is collapse or a generous declaration ....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

I wouldn't expect that from Tres. I think Somerset will be more then happy for the draw. Althought with Notts bowling attack there is always the possibility a Adams or Broad could rip through us, but I don't see it. Agree, probbale draw.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:58 pm

Being Surrey supporter I hadn't looked at the Div 1 table in ages. Hadn't realised quite how stretched out it was. Wonder whether that might prompt an agreed declaration to give at least one of the teams a chance to make up lost ground.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:25 am

Think Trees will go for the points from the draw rather than risk losing, sussex game is tight so we may make the gap bigger

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:13 pm

Hildreth just hit 39 off 35, does this mean that Somerset have aspirations of a declaration and trying to force a positive result?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down