The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA releases

+6
psycho-gooner
talkingpoint
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mr H
Mark_Seven
10 posters

Go down

TNA releases Empty TNA releases

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:53 pm

TNA star Matt Jackson (who wrestled under the name Max Buck as part of the Generation Me tag team with Jeremy Buck) wrote the following on Twitter.

"Want you to hear it from us first: Yesterday, we asked for our release. Special thanks to TNA & the fans for a wonderful experience. Great experience, but definitely time to move on to something new. So much to say, but I'm gonna sit & let this all digest for awhile."

It is also being reported that Orlando Jordan has been released from TNA as well.

First of all thank god Orlando Jordan has gone, I dont want to upset GLAAD or anything but I could hardly bare to look at the 'guy'. Second, what do you guys think about Gen Me leaving? I didn't particualrly like them to begin with, without meaning to sound like Vince McMahon I thought they looked a bit skinny to be believable, however they put on some good matches with Beer Money and MCMG and I warmed to them a bit. I imagine some of you would have seen them in Ring of Honour.

Also, a few months back Impact's tag division was one of the best things about the company, but now with Beer Money splitting, MCMG shelved as either Shelley or Sabin (I forget which one) has a bad injury and now Gen Me gone, we are left with a reformed British Invasion and Mexican America.

Thoughts?

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

TNA releases Empty Re: TNA releases

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:55 pm

Are you related to Harper Seven?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

Haha no unfortunately not, good shout though. Hate to blow the illusion but although Mark is my actual name, seven is nothing more than the number i wore for football..

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

Mark_Seven wrote:Haha no unfortunately not, good shout though. Hate to blow the illusion but although Mark is my actual name, seven is nothing more than the number i wore for football..

It was a 5 a side team.

You're right - it's a shame for the tag division.

And I actually like Orlando Jordan - he's an interesting character. So that's a shame also.

Didn't one of the Buck's tweet something aimed at Hogan a few weeks back, complaining about not being on the card? Obviously a bit of tension there.

I wonder where they'll be off? They don't fit WWE in my opinion.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

They will end up back at ROH and doing Indy's.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:33 pm

Very quick Demon. I think you're right about the tweet as well, we'll see what they say about it soon by the sounds of things. Yeah definitely can't see them in WWE, if they did I imagine they'd be a bit like the Dude Busters (Trent Barreta and someone Croft wasn't it?) who were on Smackdown briefly and were quickly squashed, so Clarke's probably right.

Maybe if TNA are pushing the x division a bit more now, then there just isn't time for the tag division?

Last edited by Mark_Seven on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

The tag division does seem to have suffered a blow but the TTD loss is the X-Division's gain! At least there is still Mexican America and The British Invasion.

Orlando Jordan was a terrible character - I'm not homophobic but it was just all wrong for the business he was in. At least Goldust was a unique character and had some half decent moves. Jordan was just queer in the purest sense of the word.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

That time he was lowered to the ring draped in nothing but yellow tape was probably the worst thing I have ever seen. A lot of people who ridicule wrestling say that it's two oiled up men in lycra rolling round together and to me Orlando Jordan totally reinforced this idea, even in the way he pinned people.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

Im gonna miss Gen Me, they definitely deserved a tag title run

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

The best move Gen Me could now make is to go to ROH and fued with TWGTT.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:58 pm

Happy Jordan is gone might get Eric young back to some serious competing I like his comedy gimmick now and again but the world elite Eric young was very good and I would like to see that again.

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sun 17 Jul 2011, 4:50 pm

Im suprised they let Max go IMO he is a better wrestler then his bro Jeremy

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

I think they've both been released.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

Your right they have both gone

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

Is Jeff Hardy in TNA I have not seen or heard anthing since his 90 sec match vs Sting

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:28 pm

paulscholes wrote:Is Jeff Hardy in TNA I have not seen or heard anthing since his 90 sec match vs Sting
He's still on the roster on their website.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

NODQ.com:

Generation Me posted the following at GenMeMax.tumblr.com which explains why they left TNA Wrestling...

"Simply put: If we weren’t wrestling, we weren’t making money…And a guys gotta eat. Obviously, if you’re a fan of the show, you probably hadn’t seen us for quite sometime."

"Aside from the television program, TNA also runs live events around the country. In 2011, we’d only been on a handful of those, as well. Now, don’t get me wrong. When you’re booked a bunch, you’re making pretty good money, which was the case for us in our first year with the company. Not so much, this year."

"After a small reminder in New York City, of what we left behind, and news breaking about MORE X-Division wrestlers being hired and added to an already bloated roster, the writing was on the wall."

"If they couldn’t fit everyone on the show before, how did they expect to do so now, with even more wrestlers? We felt we’d be doing everyone a favor - so we asked for our release."

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down