The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sectarian chanting

3 posters

Go down

Sectarian chanting  Empty Sectarian chanting

Post by Kenny Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 am

Just read on skysports news that Rangers fans were warned at the pre-season friendly with Sterling Albion for sectarian chants , why why why do some fans and i do meen some fans not all feel the need to do this ? Correct me if im wrong but havent they already been warn for this in the past ?

All they are doing is undermining the club ,giving it a bad name .Why would any fan do that to a club they supposedly support ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Sectarian chanting  Empty Re: Sectarian chanting

Post by User Name Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 am

No they weren't

SECURITY officials were forced to appeal to Rangers supporters for calm, and considered holding up a friendly at Stirling Albion last night, after an unruly minority of travelling supporters set of flares.
An appeal was made over Stirling's loudspeakers for the Rangers fans to behave as an Ibrox reserve team, made up mainly of Under-19 players, beat Stirling 1-0 in a testimonial match for Albion's former chairman Peter McKenzie, thanks to a late goal from Rhys McCabe.

Stirling officials insisted after the match there was never any danger of the match being abandoned, although they conceded the game was briefly in danger of being stopped for a couple of minutes had the Rangers supporters not responded to the appeals for calm. The match was watched by a crowd of 1,200.

Nothing about Sectarian Chanting in the Scotsman: http://www.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Appeal-for-calm-as-Rangers.6800529.jp?

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:28 am

Im only going on what i read on skysports news , still doesnt explain why anyone would do it though at that game or any other ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 am

SSN have got it wrong.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:18 pm

someones talking mince
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-14143336