The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just watching Liverpool v Guangdong on lfc tv

5 posters

Go down

just watching Liverpool v Guangdong on lfc tv Empty just watching Liverpool v Guangdong on lfc tv

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

Liverpools first pre season friendly is under way and its a odd looking team sheet for the 1st half with a 4 1 2 3 formation Gulacsi , kelly carragher wilson finnegan , poulson , spearing shelvey , cole ngog pacheco . The 1st half has just finished with Liverpool conceding a late goal but still going in 2 - 1 up through goals from poulson and ngog . There will probabley be numerous subs for the second half with adam aquilani kuyt carroll and few of the young lads to come on .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

just watching Liverpool v Guangdong on lfc tv Empty Re: just watching Liverpool v Guangdong on lfc tv

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

All friendlies are just used to try out new formations or as practice games for all the players to build up their fitness. Wouldn't take anything from the team that starts just yet.

Back to top Go down

just watching Liverpool v Guangdong on lfc tv Empty Re: just watching Liverpool v Guangdong on lfc tv

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Reina, Gerrard and Henderson all didn't travel because the first two have niggling injuries and Henderson is getting extra rest after the U21 tour.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

No im not , The one that surprised me is poulson , hes playing as a definate sweeper hes further back then say lucas plays in the holding midfielder role but agree its all about trying things out and building up fitness .

Id be amazed if more then 2 of this starting line up are in the side on the 1st day of the season .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:20 pm

2nd half under way with all 11 changes for Liverpool , so the team now is Jones wisdom kyrgiakos robinson agger adam aquilani coady maxi kuyt carroll .So theres only hansen left on the bench . still 2 - 1
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:26 pm

I was impressed with Shelvey, Flanno and Wilson in the first half with Joe Cole looking in better condition than at any time last season.

Wisdom looking uncomfortable at RB

This would be my side if we don't add any more players (I know its unlikely).

Reina

Johnson Carra Agger Wilson

Lucas Adam

Gerrard Meireles

Suarez
Carroll

bench

Gulacsi, Skrtel, Kelly, Henderson, Aqualani, Maxi, Kuyt

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

Yeh apart from the poor pass that let them in for their goal i thought shelvey played well , it was good to see kelly back as well .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

Hansen replaces Jones in goal
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:37 pm

I'd much rather have G. Johnson or Robinson on the left rather than Wilson, who should stay as a left back and whenever he played left back last year didn't look good.

I like what we're doing with Kelly though which seems to be going the Carragher route of allowing him to play as a full-back to give him a more well-rounded game when he takes over the centre back role.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

Coady makes it 3 - 1 to the reds
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I'd much rather have G. Johnson or Robinson on the left rather than Wilson, who should stay as a left back and whenever he played left back last year didn't look good.

I like what we're doing with Kelly though which seems to be going the Carragher route of allowing him to play as a full-back to give him a more well-rounded game when he takes over the centre back role.

I agree about Kelly he looks like the best successor to Carra , Johnson or Robinson at lb but i do think we will sign someone papers today said Cissokho from lyon . I just hope the younger lads like finnegan ,robinson , sterling get a look in at the 1st team next season .

Coady makes it 4 - 1
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

Carroll makes it 4 - 1 not coady

Last edited by KINGKENNY7HEAVEN on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got ahead of myself its only 4 - 1)
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

Ends 4-3

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

Football on tv ive missed you so much !! typical friendly in the end gave the lads a run out and tried a few different ideas .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

I Thought Liverpool had punted Ngog.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

Nice to see so many goals considering last year's pre-season though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

User Name wrote:I Thought Liverpool had punted Ngog.

tried off loading him to Sunderland but he couldnt agree personal terms , heard he could be off back to france deepending on how much we want for him as £7 million was mentioned and i dont anyone will pay that for him.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down