The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Club / Regions Greatest Ever 15.....

+20
screamingaddabs
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
George Carlin
Coleman
Gunner
offload
GunsGerms
maestegmafia
aucklandlaurie
Mehrts is god
TycroesOsprey
beshocked
yappysnap
propdavid_london
funnyExiledScot
D24tress
Sin é
red_stag
Geordie
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Club / Regions Greatest Ever 15..... - Page 2 Empty Your Club / Regions Greatest Ever 15.....

Post by Geordie Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right i did this on a previous 606 board (some of you may remember) and we got some cracking teams....but not all the teams were covered.

Its simple. Just List your teams Greatest ever team

Have your teams had any changes since July 2011? 

1 Nick Popplewell
2 Ross Nesdale
3 Carl Hayman
4 Doddie Weir
5 Roger Uttley
6 Peter Walton
7 Pat Lam
8 Dean Ryan (C)

9 Gary Armstrong
10 Johnny Wilkinson
11 John Bentley
12 Alan Tait / John Leslie
13 Inga Tuigamala
14 Tony Underwood
15 Matt Burke

Noteable Mentions
Toby Flood
Peter Walton
Jaime Noon
Matty Tait
Gareth Archer
Tim Stimson
Owen Finnegan
George Graham

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Your Club / Regions Greatest Ever 15..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Club / Regions Greatest Ever 15.....

Post by screamingaddabs Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Sam, I agree with Dusty (so nearly out him in as I used to play at Newark RUFC like him!). I'd keep the ABC club together though, I a agree that Garforth may not be the best on his own, but ABC wouldn't be complete without him!
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Your Club / Regions Greatest Ever 15..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Club / Regions Greatest Ever 15.....

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I'm a bit stuck for a 13, but this is my off the top of my head effort.

1 Rod Snow
2 Steve Jabba Jones
3 Adam Black
4 Ian Gough
5 Luke Charteris
6 Jamie Ringer (Not a great example, but he had a few appearances. I'd have Lydiate in soon)
7 Colin Charvis
8 Michael Owen (though he isn't my favourite player)
9 Gareth Cooper
10 Ceri Sweeney (though as soon as Tovey takes his record, he's out)
11 Aled Brew
12 Andy Marinos
13 Percy Montgomery (bit stuck here)
14 Gareth Wyatt
15 Kevin Morgan

RiscaRev, I would take Ringer out and put in Jason Forster! Great player for Newport and then the Dragons. Very prolific try scorer for a 7.

I may also be tempted to put Montgomery back at 15 (although Morgan was very good) and put either Hal Luscombe or Nathan Brew at 13.

I can't argue with the rest though!

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Gary Teichmann at 8. Arthur Gould at center, Stuart Barnes of England as a flyhalf, Keith Jarrett at outside center.

Can't remember how long the Teichmann played for the Dragons (if indeed he ever did). The other three never did though.

They Played for Newport

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Mickado wrote:D24tress – Surely Paul Wallace and Shane Byrne would be in that team? And as much as I love Isa (which is quite a lot) Girvan Dempsey has got to be at fullback.
With that in mind, this would be my team:

Healy – Byrne – Wallace
Cullen – O’Kelly
Elsom – Heaslip – Gleeson
Whittaker – Sexton
Hickie – Darcy – O’Driscoll – Horgan
Dempsey

Corrigan – Wright – Jackman – Hines – O’Brien – Reddan – Contepomi - Nacewa

Ah mick you are doing corrigan a serious disservice here, wallace as good a player as he was, only played ten or so times in the heineken cup for leinster and not many in the old celtic league either.
Great player for ireland and the lions, but in my humble opinion not a better servant to leinster then reggie.

Isa is on the fast track to being our greatest ever import,but it is much of a muchness between him and girve at the moment

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Gary Teichmann at 8. Arthur Gould at center, Stuart Barnes of England as a flyhalf, Keith Jarrett at outside center.

Can't remember how long the Teichmann played for the Dragons (if indeed he ever did). The other three never did though.

They Played for Newport

Bobby Skinstad, however, did play for the Dragons at 8 but only lasted a couple of games before deciding to 'follow media interests' and basically retire. I believe he did make a comback for Natal Sharks after 'retiring' though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Griff,

I considered Luscombe definitely and nearly did put him at 13. Same goes for Forster who I did rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 pm

D24tress wrote:
Mickado wrote:D24tress – Surely Paul Wallace and Shane Byrne would be in that team? And as much as I love Isa (which is quite a lot) Girvan Dempsey has got to be at fullback.
With that in mind, this would be my team:

Healy – Byrne – Wallace
Cullen – O’Kelly
Elsom – Heaslip – Gleeson
Whittaker – Sexton
Hickie – Darcy – O’Driscoll – Horgan
Dempsey

Corrigan – Wright – Jackman – Hines – O’Brien – Reddan – Contepomi - Nacewa

Ah mick you are doing corrigan a serious disservice here, wallace as good a player as he was, only played ten or so times in the heineken cup for leinster and not many in the old celtic league either.
Great player for ireland and the lions, but in my humble opinion not a better servant to leinster then reggie.

Isa is on the fast track to being our greatest ever import,but it is much of a muchness between him and girve at the moment

Corrigan was a Leinster great, but not a great great if you know what I mean. Suppose i picked the best players who played for Leinster rather than the best Leinster players.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2