The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frog Hangi

4 posters

Go down

Frog Hangi Empty Frog Hangi

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:50 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-2011/news/article.cfm?c_id=522&objectid=10738067

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it might be a good idea to try and get the French side themselves down to Tauranga for a seafood Hangi before the Sept 24 game, rather than set something up for after?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Frog Hangi Empty Re: Frog Hangi

Post by InjuredYetAgain Thu 14 Jul 2011, 10:06 pm

I just remember making a complete arsehead of myself with the maori owners of a B&B we were staying in, in Akaroa. The guy's accent made it sound like he had said something about "having honey for tonight's dinner". Because he was enormous, I didn't want to say that honey for dinner was a bit girly so I spent about 5 minutes waxing lyrical about the benefits of honey and how it was terrible that, at that time, bees were being stolen the lenghth and breadth of NZ before he finally asked what on earth I was talkking about.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 14 Jul 2011, 10:17 pm

G.G.
Your on to it,"could i recomend the Horse burger washed down with copious amounts of Waikato draught' that i'll do it...

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by PerryGee Fri 15 Jul 2011, 1:42 am

"They're into wine, apples and racehorses. We've got much the same, we've got kiwifruit, really good vineyards here and we've got the TAB."

Very Happy

PerryGee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down