The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Gaming

5 posters

Go down

Mobile Gaming Empty Mobile Gaming

Post by Midnight Sting Tue 15 Feb 2011, 10:47 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone plays casual games on the iPhone, Android, Windows 7 or any other devices? The reason I ask is that I usually play pick-up-and-play titles that don't take too much time, but recently I've been playing 'Game Dev Story' on iPhone and have lost several hours to it.

What games do you play and which ones have been the most addictive?

Midnight Sting

Back to top Go down

Mobile Gaming Empty Re: Mobile Gaming

Post by Legend Wed 16 Feb 2011, 7:10 am

I have a few folders full of games on my iPhone, but I don't really play them all that often. I certainlynever played a game on there for hours on end anyway! That's what I use the ps3 for thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 16 Feb 2011, 9:42 am

I've played a few games on the iPhone but I have to admit it is usually the more simple games that I get hooked on.

This might be of interest to you...

The first mobile phone to incorporate the PlayStation Portable (PSP) gaming system has been launched by Sony Ericsson.

The Xperia Play is widely seen as an attempt to breathe new life into the platform in the face of competition from games-capable smartphones.

It is among a plethora of new devices being unveiled at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

Other headline-grabbers include the first handset to feature a 3D screen.

A large crowd turned out for the launch of the PSP phone, which had been rumoured for some time.

The device, which runs Google's Android operating system, incorporates a pull-out control pad and will feature a catalogue of games, from Electronic Art's Fifa series to Assassin's Creed, the Sims and Dungeon Defender.

Full Story : BBC News - Click Here

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sting Wed 16 Feb 2011, 10:33 am

A PSP phone could be quite good. The pull down controls would get rid of a lot of the issues surrounding touch screen, such as your fingers getting on the way of the game. All depends on the pricing of the games though. If they try to charge daft amounts people won't bother. They expect games to be pence not pounds on phones now.

I only really play the simple games too, like you say there's other consoles for the bigger games - 360 in my case. I just got really hooked on this game.

Midnight Sting

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Wed 16 Feb 2011, 7:31 pm

it sounds like Sony plan to create a Playstation port for Android phones this year too, could be interesting

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by minova88 Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:36 am

to me it looks visually beautiful plus comes with crash bandicoot Smile

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/14/ten-gameloft-games-available-at-xperia-play-launch/

minova88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down