The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gary sykes vs gary buckland

2 posters

Go down

gary sykes vs gary buckland Empty gary sykes vs gary buckland

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:52 am

hatton promotions have just bought the purse strings for the super featherweight british title fight in which sykes (champion) will defend against buckland, who already holds a KO win over sykes. however, because it was a prizefighter competition the belt was not on the line. now sykes who holds decent wins over anthony crolla and carl johanneson will get a chance to rectify the only blemish on his record. though not a heavy puncher sykes has decent boxing skill, good speed and good jab, which i think will be enough to hold of the more experienced buckland, my prediction wide UD sykes.

with the lack of opponents at the moment for ricky burns, perhaps another domestic showdown could be on the cards after this fight? it would certainly be more entertaining that saturdays fight.

hatton promotions also bought the rights to the lightweight british title bout between anthony crolla (champion) and willie limond, as crolla wants to defend his british title ahead of his fight in september against morales, its nice to see a fighter with this attitude and should be a good warm up fight for what will probably be crolla's toughest test, even if he is catching him at the right time. think crolla will have to much power for limond, and stop him in the mid to late rounds. against morales however i think he will stuggle a little more and might get edged on out points. anyone else care to make an early prediction?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

gary sykes vs gary buckland Empty Re: gary sykes vs gary buckland

Post by School Project Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:31 am

I can tell you this, Buckland is up for this... the boys in the St Josephs gym (where he trains) say he is looking SHARP! I heard from there that Maloney was dcing his best to hold this on off... you can see why though after last time.

Buckland, mid round KO

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 am

i think the fact that he knows he has the power to KO buckland, but that sykes himself hasnt really got the KO power will definetaly give him a psycalogical advantage.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Buckland is at the right weight now, plus his win in Mexico has done him favours. He's made some great improvements and knows what to so to take Sykes out of there...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm

should be a good one, i always rated sykes, but he doesnt seem to have gained popularity like the rest of the bunch, even though he has a title, and had some good fights. he should never entered prizefighter as british champion, although it is good to see someone like that.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down