The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Potters

3 posters

Go down

The Potters Empty The Potters

Post by d260005p Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

Hello fellow footy fans,

Just a quick post to see how the rest of you fans think how Stoke will get on next season in the League and of course in Europe. I think its a big ask to do both as we struggled with just the league and FA Cup with fatigue etc and the depth of the squad not being that great. Hopefully the signing of Woodgate and hopefully a few others will give us an extra boost in the morale and leadership side of things, and id like to see another striker give us a cutting edge up front.

Cheers.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

The Potters Empty Re: The Potters

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:00 pm

I think you'll go out of Europe early, which will probably help you in the league, I see another strong mid table finish as you have established yourself as a Premier League team now, and I think you'll start laying some better football as well as you become more accustomed to the league.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

Yeh i have the same view to be fair. I know its great for us to be in Europe but i really dont think we are a big enough team, or have the neccessary experience to live up to the expectations. Like you said, i think a mid table finish will be a good result and hopefully a good run in a cup again. Maybe in a few years we can crawl up the table like the old Bolton who use to knock around the top 8. Going to be hard though when teams like Liverpool are splashing £100 million plus on players and we struggle with £10 million! lol

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:08 pm

I think you've got into Europe too early, but I wouldn't be surprised if you did have a run in Europe. But I'm not sure whether that'd be good for you, Fulham seemed to struggle when they had their Europa League run, and I can imagine a European run may knock the wind out of your league form and you could end up at the foot of the table.

I think Stoke can keep on growing, and now you've established yourself a bit, I expect you'll be able to attract better players and grow as a club.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

I think Stoke could surprise a few teams in Europe with their 'Direct' style of play. Teams in europe won't be used to this and will probably spend the first half wondering how to deal with it especially with european sides being shorter compared to EPL sides.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

I fancy Stoke to have a pretty decent Europa League run (last 16) if they take the competition seriously. I agree with the above poster in that alot of sides wont like playing them due to their style and they can be a force at home.

I don't think Stoke will be in a relegation battle regardless of their European form. Tony Pulis is one the most competent bosses in the country. Last 16 in the Europa and a mid table finish should be snapped up now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum