The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coaching Dream Team

+4
Driver
Bathite
pete (buachaill on eirne)
yappysnap
8 posters

Go down

Coaching Dream Team Empty Coaching Dream Team

Post by yappysnap Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:55 am

Following on in a natural progression from all of the WC dream teams we have on the site i thought we'd try a new one with a twist.

Post WC what would your dream coaching team be? They can be from any country and any league but must be currently coaching a team in some role.

To add structure shall we try having:

Head coach
Backs coach
Forwards coach
Defense coach

Feel free to chop and change titles eg attack coack, Scrum coach team manager etc or else have one person holding down more then one role.

I'll get us started with my dream England coaching team post WC:

Head coach: Martin Johnson, he's not done too bad a job and keeps some continuity in the team, i think to really see where he is taking England he needs a long run as well.
Backs coach: Connor O'Shea, young and full of ideas O'Shea has real energy about him and would bring alot of zap to the whole coaching set up, he's done great stuff already at his club.
Forwards coach: Dean Richards, the bad boy of the coaching frat he knows his trade though and his hard graft no nonsence style will be the perfect tonic to get the lateral running, ruck dodging, winger wannabes that are our pack in to tip top fighting form.
Defense coach: Dave Ellis, a very good defence coach for the grand slam winning French team Ellis has now moved to London Irish in the hopes of an England call up.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Coaching Dream Team Empty Re: Coaching Dream Team

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

Head coach: Robbie Deans is a guy I really admire in particular his policy on youth selection and giving guys a shot. Understands the RWC cycle I think better than most. Good tactician too.
Backs coach: Joe Schmidt has worked wonders for the Leinster backs in terms of skill level, angles of running, support play, the list goes on.
Forwards coach: The guy who was in charge of Argentina's pack in 07 (????)
Defense coach: Les Kiss made ireland's defence in 09 what it was...watertight.

Scrum Coach: Greg Feek has revolutionised the Leinster scrum with Ross and Healy. His work has proved invaluable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Head Coach: Deans
Forwards: Richards
Backs: Meehan
Scrum: Rowntree
Defence: Ellis

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

Coaching nightmare:

Peter De Villiers and Warren Gatland with Munster's forwards coach this year as forwards coach and whoever was backs coach for the ospreys

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:09 pm

Head coach : Ian Mcgeechan
Forwards: Phil Kieth Roach
Backs: Wayne Smith
Defense: Les Kiss
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 21 Jul 2011, 1:55 am

NZ team

Front row Warren Gatland
2nd row Todd Blackadder
Back row Jamie Joseph
Halves Wayne Smith
Centres Tana Umaga
Backs John Kirwan

Head Robbie Deans

Like it?
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:52 pm

Head Coach: Johnno (seemed to take a terrible England side and start to piece together something that is nearly working at the top level)
Forwards Coach: Cockerill (won trophies despite an injury ravaged Tigers team over the last few years)
Backs Coach: Healey (talks the talk on ESPN, pretty damn handy in his day)
Defence Coach: Gustard (just see what he's done the Sarries defence, they're savage)

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:01 am

Bathite wrote:Head Coach: Deans

I'd go along with this. Might be tempted to ask Andy Robinson to coach the forwards instead of Richards.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:34 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Bathite wrote:Head Coach: Deans

I'd go along with this. Might be tempted to ask Andy Robinson to coach the forwards instead of Richards.

I like it, Andy Robinson would be a good shout as well. Or who ever coaches Leinster or Irelands forwards they both play exactly how i'd like Englands to play.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

Head Coach: Johnson
Forwards: Dean Richards
Backs: Will Greenwood (he talks a lot of sense in his interviews - and lets get his input into the England game again)
Kicking: Dave Aldred

Ford and Wells have been there long enough and need to go after WC. How many head coaches have they seen come and go? 2 (3 if you include Andrew).

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:56 am

Wouldn't have the tinker man anywhere near my first choice kicker. His damned meddling took Flood's 80% kicking game to just under 70% over the course of the 6N and it really buggered up Tigers season and made out frailties at the lineout and around the park due to the loss of Deacon a whole lot chuffing worse. Cockerill was clearly not a happy bunny either.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:

Wouldn't have the tinker man anywhere near my first choice kicker. His damned meddling took Flood's 80% kicking game to just under 70% over the course of the 6N and it really buggered up Tigers season and made out frailties at the lineout and around the park due to the loss of Deacon a whole lot chuffing worse. Cockerill was clearly not a happy bunny either.
Ah, wasnt aware of that - I thought he was the chap credited with showing Wilko how to kick. And I thought Flood had a pretty reasonable % completion.
Is it Jon Callard thats the current England kicking coach? He wasnt the most successful of players as I recall.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:41 pm

Is it Jon Callard thats the current England kicking coach? He wasnt the most successful of players as I recall.

I thought Alred was still responsible for the England kicking? If not I'm blaming the wrong person. Flood had a deadly accurate boot first half of the season after the 6N he was no where near as accurate. Some pretty shocking misses. I thought Alred was in charge still because he has a plan that involved de-constructing a players technique and then rebuilding it. Hence Hodgson originally coming into the England team mid rebuild and missing everything but once the rebuild was complete he is now a very high percentage kicker.

I'd be tempted to have Paul Burke as he was responsible for modifying Twelvetrees kicking and that has come on leaps and bounds since he joined. Added an extra ten metres to what was already a fearsome right boot as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down