The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Day 1 Thread

+15
invisiblecoolers
ryan86
lydian
laverfan
maestegmafia
banbrotam
carrieg4
time please
summerblues
break_in_the_fifth
JuliusHMarx
Danny_1982
User 774433
bogbrush
The Special Juan
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Olympic Day 1 Thread - Page 3 Empty Olympic Day 1 Thread

Post by The Special Juan Sat 28 Jul 2012, 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Midday
Centre Court: Berdych v Darcis then S.Williams v Jankovic then Federer v Falla then Keothavong v Wozniacki

Court 1: Tipsarevic v Nalbandian then Stosur v Suarez Navarro then Kvitova v Bondarenko then Dodig v Del Potro

11:30 Start (Singles)
Court 2: Clijsters v Vinci then Isner v Rochus then Li v Hantuchova then Melzer/Paya v Murray/Murray

Court 7: Paszek v Cornet then Benneteau v Youzhny then Peng/Zheng v Cornet/Mladenovic then Nalbandian/Schwank v Llodra/Tsonga

Court 11: Petzschner v Lacko then Cirstea v Pennetta then Kubot v Dimitrov then Cetkovska/Safarova v Vinci/Errani

Court 12: Hsieh v Peng then Lu v Jaziri then Bogomolov v Berlocq then Kerber/Lisicki v Robson/Watson then Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez v Dellacqua/Stosur

Court 13: Giraldo v Harrison then Arvidsson/Zvonareva then Istomin v Verdasco then Bryan/Bryan v Bellucci/Sa then Fleming/Hutchins v Benneteau/Gasquet

Court 16: Jan-Ignacik/Rosolska v Kirilenko/Petrova then Pironkova v Cibulkova then Schiavone v Zakapolova then Ungur v Muller

Court 17: Voskoboeva/Shvedova v Dubois/Wozniak then Barthel v Radwanska then Medina Garrigues v Wickmayer then Granollers/Lopez v Erlich/Ram

Court 18: McHale v Ivanovic then Troicki v Almagro Szavay v Baltacha then Simon v Kukushkin then Isner/Roddick v Melo/Soares

Court 19: Gajdosova/Rodionova v Makarova/Vesnina then Seppi v Young then Chakarvahti/Mirza v Chuang/Hsieh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Olympic Day 1 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic Day 1 Thread

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 8:24 am

time please wrote: ... Sorry - what? Seriously don't understand any of this Nore ...
If you don't understand it is best not to comment Rolling Eyes

Anyway, relax, chill. It is not as if 606v2 is of any importance to any of our lives: it is just a chat forum with differing viewpoints and opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 29 Jul 2012, 9:54 am

Nore that's a very strange post. You seem to have attacked time please for no good reason and are now posting in quite a nasty condescending tone to his attempt to hold out an olive branch. Looks to me like you badly misjudged the tone of your response to a fairly unexceptional post, why not just apologise and be done with it?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by TorturedGenius Sun 29 Jul 2012, 11:40 am

Nore seems to love attacking people, particularly when they support players she dislikes. As far as I could see, time please was perfectly reasonable in his comment and had no need to apologize (though he did the classy thing and apologized anyway. Then she spouts some gobbledygook about this being a place to express opinion- uh, well surely that's all Time Please was doing in the first place??

Hypocrite.

TorturedGenius

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 29 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

not helping the situation TG....

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by TorturedGenius Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:00 pm

Sorry LuvSports, couldn't resist a dig. I guess I'm just like Nore's favourite player Murray- a great counterpuncher!

Oh the irony!

TorturedGenius

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:04 pm

Nore Staat wrote:If you don't understand it is best not to comment Rolling Eyes

Anyway, relax, chill. It is not as if 606v2 is of any importance to any of our lives: it is just a chat forum with differing viewpoints and opinions.

Oh I get that.

Perhaps you should have taken a deep breath and taken your own advice?

(Sweet of you reckoner and TG - beginning to doubt my own sanity. Oh, and I'm a she btw, not that I guess it matters Very Happy )

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 2:35 pm

Huh am I missing something. I knew TP was a she but Nore are you a she too?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

emancipator wrote:Huh am I missing something. I knew TP was a she but Nore are you a she too?

I guess this is the first forum where too many shes to hes Very Happy , Atleast I can confirm there is one he here in me thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:27 pm

I was minded to post yesterday when I first saw the comments by Nore Staat directed at time please (yesterday 8.24am) but held back because I’m normally reluctant to get involved in personal bickering, least of all when it doesn't directly affect me.

But now on reflection I have decided to write, not merely by way of support for time please but more because I believe the patronising “chill, relax” comment by NS is so reminiscent of a nasty tone that very often pervaded the old 606, but happily is much less common on v2 ; and I believe the vast majority of us want to keep it that way.

What I found most objectionable was the way in which Nore Staat’s “if you don’t understand it’s best not to comment” was followed by her “it’s just a chat forum with differing views & opinions”

This is wholly disingenuous. The implication of the seemingly casual it’s just a chat forum …. differing views & opinions ….. is : hey, guys it's just like we’re all in a bar or pub, having a good old chinwag, throwing around thoughts / ideas with healthy disagreement in a constructive, perfectly harmless way. Fine, I say. Except, there is a problem here, and it’s this : if you were in a pub, having an apparently friendly chat, just how appropriate and mature would it be to then say to someone as part of that chat :
“if you don’t understand, it’s best not to comment” ….??

For me. this is all about NS saying stuff from the safety of a keyboard that she most likely wouldn’t have the guts to say face-to-face, for fear of looking a plonker in the eyes of others within the group.

NoreStaat : I’ve seen many, many good posts from you. In fact if I hadn't, I most probably wouldn't have bothered writing this at all. BUT – if you’re listening - I do think you might want to look again at how you handled yourself on this. And then do the decent thing. For your own good – and for the good of the forum.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

time please Hug

lags, that was such an awesome post. hats off.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:16 pm

I don't really want to bump this thread and nearly left alone, but I just wanted to acknowledge your post lags because it was sweet of you all to come to my defence - so thanks.

I feel a bit sad about how it's all turned out because we haven't seen Nore (at least not on tennis) since Sunday and I hope she is not going to stay away because I've always enjoyed her often quirky, amusing posts. I don't feel like I wrote anything wrong or offensive except maybe typing f**k - perhaps I misjudged the forum in that way.

However, I do know we all have over sensitive days and I have reacted a bit quickly and unfairly to someone in the past. Sometimes the forum is a great distraction from problems in the real world (as well as being a fab place to discuss tennis with fellow obsessives) but sometimes frustrations spill over into posting, especially if another poster just happens to irritate that day.

I just hope we can draw a line under it now.

cheers guys Hug

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3