The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No More Sheep

+7
seanmichaels
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Il Gialloblu
paperbag_puncher
11 posters

Go down

reverse sheep - No More Sheep Empty No More Sheep

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:16 am

Hey folks,

Hopefully this doesn't come across as attention seeking its not intended to anyway..

Unfortunately, I will be unable to continue sheep. I generally work nights and only really had time to spend on here again as I was temporarily moved to the day shift for a few months. On my return from hols I got the great news I was moving straight back to nights Shocked

If anyone wants to take up the mantle feel free but to be honest I think the forum is better off without sheep. While it was fun it takes away from actual boxing conversation and debate and a quick browse of the board since I got back shows this.

Again this is not intended as an attention seeking post I just thought I'd give some explanation as to why the game has suddenly stopped.

Cheers to everyone that played and see you on here whenever I get the chance.

Cheers OK

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

reverse sheep - No More Sheep Empty Re: No More Sheep

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 24 Aug 2012, 5:33 am

Whatever.

Attention seeker.

No, Sheep was great pal so cheers for running it for as long as you did. I think the board was actually pretty quiet the first week you were on holiday. It seemed like people didn't know what to do without Sheep.

It's picked up a bit now though so maybe that proves your point about the forum being better without it.

Or maybe others were just on holiday at the same time.

Good holiday yourself paperbag?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:45 am

Not a problem Paperbag, on the occasions I joined in it was extremely enjoyable so thanks for taking the effort to run it and deal with my ongoing and frequent whinges about accepting wrong answers (which you were wrong to do by the way)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:35 am

Vampire

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:02 am

Shepherd?

Cheers for running Sheep, PP. It was addictively brilliant and it's demise means I'm much less likely to get my P45.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:07 am

I meant to say thanks as well, PP but I got carried away by my witty joke.

All good things come to an end, and it truly was a lot of fun.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I meant to say thanks as well, PP but I got carried away by my witty joke.

Like your boxing's unsung heroes thread..??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:28 am

This is a bit like Saving Private Ryan where they try to guess Tom Hanks' profession. For what it is worth, I think PP is a nurse.

Thank you PP. I take great pleasure in being the last Sheep champion.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:34 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I meant to say thanks as well, PP but I got carried away by my witty joke.

It'll be back mate. I have had one half written on Patrick Charpentier for about 2 months but it has been manic at work. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who want their windows cleaned in the summer.

Seany, I know what PP does for a living because I listen to people and take note of what they say. Even you. He works in internet security I believe. He could probably help you remove the filth you no doubt have on your home PC.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:39 am

Tina there are some pretty interesting colour line fighters who would fit nicely into your unsung heroes series, there is one called Eugene something or other who flew during the war and become something of a hero in France, could be an exciting merging of two of the most widely ignored threads on here

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:42 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Seany, I know what PP does for a living because I listen to people and take note of what they say. Even you. He works in internet security I believe. He could probably help you remove the filth you no doubt have on your home PC.

Apologies, I have short term memory issues. Missus owns the computers at home and she works for a digital media company so my life is grot free unless one of the chaps brings a jazz mag to the cricket.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:43 am

rowley wrote:Tina there are some pretty interesting colour line fighters who would fit nicely into your unsung heroes series, there is one called Eugene something or other who flew during the war and become something of a hero in France, could be an exciting merging of two of the most widely ignored threads on here

Tell me their names and I will do some research.

Imagine a merging of those two bad boys. 'Real Boxing Heroes who were also Colour Line fighters'. Snappy title like that will get them all reading.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

Will have a look next week Tina, may even scan you some pages over from The Sundowners, would do it this weekend but 10th anniversary and not sure TSMR would appreciate it

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:48 am

rowley wrote:Will have a look next week Tina, may even scan you some pages over from The Sundowners, would do it this weekend but 10th anniversary and not sure TSMR would appreciate it

10th anniversary? Does that mean this weekend is the meal at the Grosvenor in Chester then?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:50 am

Yes mate, am there tomorrow night, suit is cleaned, shoes polished, credit card primed, am looking forward to it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:54 am

rowley wrote:Yes mate, am there tomorrow night, suit is cleaned, shoes polished, credit card primed, am looking forward to it.

Never thought I'd hear those two phrases consecutively from a Yorkshireman....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:54 am

Nice. The Grosvenor is fantastic, although not cheap. It's been over 5 years since I last went there so it will be even more expensive now. I guess you must have let a few more illegals in to cover the outlay?

And I may be slightly biased here, but Chester is the finest city in the British Isles.

Enjoy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:00 am

Obviously Chester is not the finest city, what with it not being in Yorkshire but I would tend to agree Tina it is a lovely place. Grosvenor is indeed expensive but no more than any other restaurant of a similar standard.

Top hat is 10th anniversary, if you can't push the boat out for that you're never likely to.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:06 am

rowley wrote:Obviously Chester is not the finest city, what with it not being in Yorkshire but I would tend to agree Tina it is a lovely place. Grosvenor is indeed expensive but no more than any other restaurant of a similar standard.

Top hat is 10th anniversary, if you can't push the boat out for that you're never likely to.

Agreed, and congratulations to you both.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

seanmichaels wrote:This is a bit like Saving Private Ryan where they try to guess Tom Hanks' profession. For what it is worth, I think PP is a nurse.

Thank you PP. I take great pleasure in being the last Sheep champion.

Jesus there must have been a lot of neglected patients on the day shift if I'm a nurse.

For once Tina is right I work in online security/fraud prevention for an online gaming company.

Again was wary about making this thread and didnt do it for thanks (which is appreciated all the same) Just wanted to explain why sheep wasn't back when I said it would be.

Last edited by paperbag_puncher on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:51 am

paperbag_puncher wrote:

For once Tina is right

May I retract my previous good wishes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:52 am

I actually thought sheep was quite educational. Hadn't heard of that lot that Rowley always bangs on about prior to having to google them for answers.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
paperbag_puncher wrote:

For once Tina is right

May I retract my previous good wishes.

Charalatan.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Fri 24 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I actually thought sheep was quite educational. Hadn't heard of that lot that Rowley always bangs on about prior to having to google them for answers.

Agreed - I found myself reading more about certain boxers from questions that arose... Sad

Personally I think if sheep doesn't come back then PP's work here is done... I say ban him... Wink

Only kidding - thanks for making those few weeks at work a lot more enjoyable (and a lot less productive)

Smile

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Fri 24 Aug 2012, 1:46 pm

alma wrote:
quentins_monkey wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I actually thought sheep was quite educational. Hadn't heard of that lot that Rowley always bangs on about prior to having to google them for answers.

Agreed - I found myself reading more about certain boxers from questions that arose... Sad

Personally I think if sheep doesn't come back then PP's work here is done... I say ban him... Wink

Only kidding - thanks for making those few weeks at work a lot more enjoyable (and a lot less productive)

Smile

quentin, how is Solihull these days? Is Rosie O'Brien's still there?

It's changed names a few times since but it's still there, although I haven't been for quite a few years now... Remember last time I was there I felt ancient and I was only about 25-26 at the time!!!

Usually stick to Moseley for a night out now...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 24 Aug 2012, 5:17 pm

This explains steffans absence

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Fri 24 Aug 2012, 5:52 pm

It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for running it PP.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

This means I will have to concentrate on work!! Many thanks for all the effort PP. Terrible as I was at all forms of sheep, I had a great time.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down