The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

+25
Ché Guerrero
bretmeharty
paulscholes
Mark_Seven
psycho-gooner
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
Bonesaw's ready
greggschickenbake
Marky
Sara
liverbnz
Beer
crippledtart
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ADMIN
Enforcer
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
robbo277
Samo
Brady12
Kenny
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? - Page 3 Empty ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by Kenny Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

1st off this is not a wum . We all have wrestlers who we just dont get , whether its the gimmick , their wrestling prowess , mic skills or whatever some wrestler we just dont believe in .
For me right now that person is ADR , i dont see what all the fuss is about ?
Yes hes a decent wrestler in the ring but hes not great.
His gimmick is just a rehashed jbl .
His promos are all the same , i do appreciate english isnt his language and that cant help but give me a break ' My name .. my name is yadayada and its my destiny .. every week !.
Imo the reason behind his push is WWE wanting to keep their share of the mexican market .
I know this will not be popular but this is my honest opinion if ADR were american he would not be receiving the push hes getting and would be midcard at best .

feel free to disagree with me like i said its just my opinion and im sure lots of people will list his credits and how good he is compared to other wrestlers . But id also bet you have a wrestler you dont get/like aswell .

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? - Page 3 Empty Re: ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by bretmeharty Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

Does anyone think him "finding god" is just a work in terms of just saving face

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? - Page 3 Empty Re: ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:52 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Does anyone think him "finding god" is just a work in terms of just saving face

No he seems pretty genuine about it and he appears to have become quite knowledgeable regarding religious doctrine. I think he quoted like six bible verses when defending hunting. If its a work he has put a lot of effort into maintaining it especially considering how many wrestlers are very religious people i.e Ted Dibiase, who i'm sure could spot if he's not sincere about it.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

I think it's a bloody long winded work then, don't think I'd be able to keep up the pretence of going to Church multiple times a week if I didn't believe. Did my nut in when I had to go prior to getting married.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

I just ment in the sense of he went looking for god because of all the things he did bad in the past, Oh hell I don't know what I ment. ha

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:31 pm

I think that, at the risk of opening a whole new can of worms, it shouldn't be assumed that finding religion automatically makes someone a good person.

It is true for many people, but I'm not so sure when it comes to the warped, right-wing, American version of Christianity.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I think that, at the risk of opening a whole new can of worms, it shouldn't be assumed that finding religion automatically makes someone a good person.

Islamic terrorism being the prime example!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm

I think at the end of the day, Shawn finally decided to grow up. Whether that makes him a good person I don't know, but he seems to be at least a better person.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

liverbnz wrote:I think at the end of the day, Shawn finally decided to grow up. Whether that makes him a good person I don't know, but he seems to be at least a better person.

Regarding his professionalism, I agree. He wasn't the model professional post-2002 but was definitely far less of a headache, and he put a number of fresh up-and-comers over, notably Triple H, Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:20 pm

He helped legitimise Orton as Champ in 07 and Jericho as champ in 08, he pushed for Benoit to win by tap at Mania even offering to do the tap, I thought he did more for Jeff Hardy in early 08 than trips didg in late 07, Shelton Benjamin came out a match with him looking like a potential main eventer and until last week he gave Cena his best 1 on 1 match, the reason he was put with those 'green guys' like Taker Hogan and HHH is because he was good enough to let the audiance believe he could beat them, thats hardly a hindrence.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:33 pm

On topic (and at risk of a slating) CM Punk.

Can't see the fuss.

Great storyline of late but I think most could have pulled it off with the material he was given.

He had main event feuds with Cena and Orton as Nexus leader and really did nothing with it, The Rock come back raised the heat further on cena.

Now look at Nexus, they have gotten no rub from being with Punk.

I think the IWC over rates him and am not sure he has deserved this storyline.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:40 pm

Totally disagree with you and you seriously underrate him if you think anyone could have pulled it off, not many are as good or as engaging as him on the stick, who would deserve that role?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

There is no doubt it was well delivered but do you really think no one else could have done it with that easy material? It is like Vince read various forums for gripes and grievances. The scripting crossed the line and really any heel competent on the mic (with a home crowd behind - which was the key here imo) could have pulled it off imo.

Lets look at MITB - greatest PPV ever yada yada yada despite being full of botches and one title match having a screwy ending. Why? - because the non-casual fans got all the results they wanted.

I stand by it, Punk got put back to midcard whilst leader of nexus when Jerry Lawler was main eventing.

I like Punk's look and his finisher is excellent but I don't get him as main event.

To be honest Cena has been as good as punk during this feud - the only reason no one is saying it is that we are over saturated with him and he is an IWC scapegoat.

I expect people to disagree but CM Punk is the only male superstar I have watched at x30 on Sky plus over the last year or so.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:14 pm

I never said no one else could do it, I asked who else would have did it and got the reaction Punk got, I also wouldn't say Cena was every bit as good as Punk, Punk maee the feud but Cena played the supporting role really well, they hit a home

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:19 pm

'I asked who else would have did it and got the reaction Punk got'

Good point, but you've got to think who else had a PPV with a partisan home crowd coming up. Although I didn't think he got that huge a reaction in Chicago when he was nexus leader - which goes to show you it was the storyline that was important imo.

Cena for all the derision he gets played his role perfectly, I felt they were equal both on the mic and in the ring (though had cena botched as badly as punk he would be slaughtered).

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:33 pm

Cena was in his own back yard the week before MitB and couldn't even get a majority reaction, the storyline was key, it should be to any good feud to be fair but I still wouldn't bank on anyone else being better than Punk in that initial promo

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by FromPartsUnknown Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

Back on HBK for a second, who I admit I have never really "got" either:

Ive always thought it strange that the amount of time he was out injured ('98 - '02) was pretty much exactly the same time that Austin was top of the pile?

Coincidence or does anyone think that there is more to it? Could Shawn not take it that someone else was so over? Did Shawn and Austin have any heat? I know Shawn didn't want to drop the belt to Austin at WM14

FromPartsUnknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:47 am

Don't get: Dolph Ziggler - Don't get me wrong i can see he clearly has talent but he is still doing the most boring, cliche heel gimmick of all time and i don't find his promos entertaining.

Do get: HHH - This is a man i have always found entertaining and i think he both great on the mic and in the ring on top of that he is apparently responsible for many of the recent changes in WWE. I know there are probably many on this board that do like him but from what i can gather the more vocal members vary from hatred to disgust. I don't particularly buy the idea he doesn't put people over, it was because of him i believed Jeff Hardy was main event level. And the Kliq, like the Montreal Screwjob, was long time ago, people need to get over it.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Tue 26 Jul 2011, 12:46 pm

Here is my controversial two people:

Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior - never, ever got them as I saw them for what they were. No real descernable wrestling talent, ok on the mic, and their matches were pretty match pandering to the crowd. When I started watching wrestling, I loved the guys who could actually wrestle.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 26 Jul 2011, 12:48 pm

I totally agree with you - never liked either of them. I always liked Mr Perfect

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Tue 26 Jul 2011, 1:30 pm

Let me return the favour Sara, I agree with you! Mr Perfect was my favourite!

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Tue 26 Jul 2011, 1:52 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:Just on ADR - I think there's always a place for a good foreign heel, and I think he has definitely got the skills to be WWE's.

I also think that he would have the ability to play a face as well - he could switch from rich aristocrat to philanthropist

Gotta say, I like that idea Josh. Although creative would probably botch it!

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

The whole Michaels not wanting to drop the title to Austin is more myth than fact, Michaels back was in such a nick that he shouldn't have even been working in the first place, he worked to drop the title to Austin and they apparantly got on great

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:24 pm

Miz NG wrote:Let me return the favour Sara, I agree with you! Mr Perfect was my favourite!

See, us girls know what we are talking about. Very Happy

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3