The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

+25
Ché Guerrero
bretmeharty
paulscholes
Mark_Seven
psycho-gooner
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
Bonesaw's ready
greggschickenbake
Marky
Sara
liverbnz
Beer
crippledtart
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ADMIN
Enforcer
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
robbo277
Samo
Brady12
Kenny
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? - Page 2 Empty ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by Kenny Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

1st off this is not a wum . We all have wrestlers who we just dont get , whether its the gimmick , their wrestling prowess , mic skills or whatever some wrestler we just dont believe in .
For me right now that person is ADR , i dont see what all the fuss is about ?
Yes hes a decent wrestler in the ring but hes not great.
His gimmick is just a rehashed jbl .
His promos are all the same , i do appreciate english isnt his language and that cant help but give me a break ' My name .. my name is yadayada and its my destiny .. every week !.
Imo the reason behind his push is WWE wanting to keep their share of the mexican market .
I know this will not be popular but this is my honest opinion if ADR were american he would not be receiving the push hes getting and would be midcard at best .

feel free to disagree with me like i said its just my opinion and im sure lots of people will list his credits and how good he is compared to other wrestlers . But id also bet you have a wrestler you dont get/like aswell .

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? - Page 2 Empty Re: ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by Mr H Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:02 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Just on ADR - I think there's always a place for a good foreign heel, and I think he has definitely got the skills to be WWE's.

I'd pick Sheamus or Wade Barrett to fit this role ahead of ADR to be honest.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? - Page 2 Empty Re: ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

Nah - British isn't proper foreign. Because of the special relationship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Nah - British isn't proper foreign. Because of the special relationship.

Shall i open up a can of worms by saying Sheamus isnt British?! Whistle

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

Mr H wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:Nah - British isn't proper foreign. Because of the special relationship.

Shall i open up a can of worms by saying Sheamus isnt British?! Whistle

I probably opened a whole different can of worms up by saying he was... what's this parcel? Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

greggschickenbake wrote:
Sara wrote:I have looked and can't find it. My Dad can't stand him and always remembers that moment fondly so I was trying to find it for him. It must be somewhere...............

Backlash 2003; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdYYqE6ft0k

I have this on video, not gonna lie, it is a quality moment.

Great stuff, thanks

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

Mr H wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:Just on ADR - I think there's always a place for a good foreign heel, and I think he has definitely got the skills to be WWE's.

I'd pick Sheamus or Wade Barrett to fit this role ahead of ADR to be honest.

I even think that given the right story Drew McIntyre would be better .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

Drew MacIntyre has bags of potential.

He's in my fave five.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:10 pm

Before ADR i had a real problems with both MVP and before him Shelton Benjamin
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:19 pm

I don't like ADR either, I usually skip his promos and matches, I thought he was brilliant when he debuted but the feud with Rey went on far to long and from there he just didnt intrest me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:21 pm

I think it was a mistake moving him to Raw where he has got a bit lost in the pack, he should have stayed on Smackdown where he would have been able to establish himself as a top heel, instead he's stuck in limbo on Raw.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

He won the rumble to gain title match at mania which was poor , hes now been given a mitb which will no doubt earn him the title at some point how can you say hes left in limbo , can you name any other superstar who has been given such a sustained push this year ?

and is in all honesty no further along .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

Yet despite all that he gets very little exposure IMO. The only thing he promos is that it's his "destiny" and since his move to Raw hasn't been involved in any kind of real feud, on Smackdown that could and more likely would have been different.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:35 pm

One thing that does suck, and it sucked when Guerrero did it, and that's the car.

It's a stupid entrance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

I just don't care about him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:56 pm

my point exactly i wouldn't miss him if he left today and imo neither would WWE
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? - Page 2 Empty Re: [No title]

Post by Bonesaw's ready Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

Kevin Nash. He's another one for me, seems affabe, interesting and likeable in interviews. Then boom! Stick a mic under his nose or push him in the ring and you can see the charisma just drain out of him.

Bonesaw's ready

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

Nash for me is the opposite, he's one that most people hate that I don't mind.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

In regards to Del Rio/Bryan, they're both fantastic in the ring, thats pretty much outweigh's any lack of mic abilities. Saying that i do rate Del Rio's mic skills fairly high compared to the rest of the roster

1) Rey- Hate him with a passion for being such a poor high-flyer and never putting anyone over

2) Kingston- For a mid-carder he doesnt lose many matches, boring on the mic, average in the ring-jump/kick/cross-body. Gimme some actual wrestling moves

3) Orton- I was convinced he was too limited in the ring but MITB changed that for me, still a boring face who puts nobody over

4) Santino- Not as good in the ring as everyone claims, stopped being funny a hell of a long time ago

5) Tatsu...

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

You thought Orton was limited? The guy probably has the best most crisp move-set in the WWE, RKO, The 2nd rope DDT, the cross back Neck Breaker, The standing Dropkick, the scoop Powerslam, smooth as silk

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

Definitely dislike Kofi more than anyone else. I can't remember once wanting him to win. I'm not sure what I hate more, his boom boom thing or his strange looking chest.
Haven't bought into Daniel Bryan either, as someone said before he has zero character and I find him boring.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:00 pm

Clarke James wrote:
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:God, I'm gonna get slaughtered for this one. Well, here goes..

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Yep, I said it. I appreciate all he has done for the business, but have never got his insane popularity, and always found him very repetitive. Stunner! Drink water disguised as beer. Another stunner! Drink more water diguised as beer.

Water disguised as beer?!

Where on earth did you get that from?

Well I'm pretty sure that what Stone Cold chucks down his throat isn't actual beer- he'd be peed by the end of the show if it was!

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

Oh, and a couple more of the IWC's favourite sons that I've always disliked-Undertaker and Tatsu.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:
Clarke James wrote:
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:God, I'm gonna get slaughtered for this one. Well, here goes..

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Yep, I said it. I appreciate all he has done for the business, but have never got his insane popularity, and always found him very repetitive. Stunner! Drink water disguised as beer. Another stunner! Drink more water diguised as beer.

Well I'm pretty sure that what Stone Cold chucks down his throat isn't actual beer- he'd be peed by the end of the show if it was!

I just can't imagine that the WWE would go to the trouble of producing fake cans of beer but put water in them instead. It's not like he drinks it, most of it goes straight down his shirt! Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:37 pm

That is a good point!

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

Also budwiser ended up making stevewiser cans because he made them so popular

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Jul 2011, 10:45 pm

Stone cold v Punk at mania i would still love to see this .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:21 am

the-gaffer wrote:You thought Orton was limited? The guy probably has the best most crisp move-set in the WWE, RKO, The 2nd rope DDT, the cross back Neck Breaker, The standing Dropkick, the scoop Powerslam, smooth as silk

I dont know if its just me, faces usually have the moveset with less moves. Back in the day he had a wide variety of moves at his displosal, these days theres very few moves he pulls off with the exception of MITB

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

Clarke James wrote:

Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Ever heard of non-alcoholic beer?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:03 am

Marky wrote:
Clarke James wrote:

Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Ever heard of non-alcoholic beer?

Ever heard of Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Clarke James wrote:
Marky wrote:Ever heard of non-alcoholic beer?

Is he a friend of Stunning Steve Austin?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:07 am

Marky wrote:
Clarke James wrote:
Marky wrote:Ever heard of non-alcoholic beer?

Is he a friend of Stunning Steve Austin?

Might be, who's asking?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

In regards to alcohol and matches surely there must be high risks nowadays to allowing a potentially intoxicated guy in the ring. I know in the past it was allowed but surely not anymore?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

Hero wrote:In regards to alcohol and matches surely there must be high risks nowadays to allowing a potentially intoxicated guy in the ring. I know in the past it was allowed but surely not anymore?

Apparantley not in TNA .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:09 pm

As im sure its obvious im no ADR fan , i think it will be interesting to see if HHH is ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:17 pm

Actually there is a serious comment from me about someone I never got.

What was the reasoning behind Big Daddy V? Just a fat black guy with his top off.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:20 pm

Marky wrote:Actually there is a serious comment from me about someone I never got.

What was the reasoning behind Big Daddy V? Just a fat black guy with his top off.

Good question , i always found it disturbing when he got that look in his eyes and licked his lips .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Mexican America, they come to the ring, and say the same thing week in week out then cheat and win

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:29 am

paulscholes wrote:Mexican America, they come to the ring, and say the same thing week in week out then cheat and win

And their only half decent member is Canadian...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:47 am

Rey Mysterio - the man is boring, his moves don't excite, he hardly puts anybody over and the 619 is garbage

Kofi - There was once a time I was looking forward to him getting a push when he destroyed Ortons car on Raw, the fact that his career has gone backewards since then speaks volumes. Awful on the mic and wins far too many matches despite limited ability in the ring

Mark Henry and Big Show - both for the same reason, their matches are just painful to watch. So so dull

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

I've heard of wrestlers using fake blood, but fake beer?!

I can see where Bonesaw's coming from about Michaels. He was a phenomenal performer in the ring, but I never got why anyone liked his personality. As a character, excluding the wrestling aspect, he was one of the worst babyfaces I've ever seen.

He had the worst sense of humour of any wrestler ever, and likewise when he tried to do something "cool" he looked like the world's second biggest dork behind John Cena, not in a "so bad it's funny" way but just in a really, really bad way.

The running around the ring in a circle thing, when in DX....seriously, what in hell's name was that all about?! I thought he really badly over-acted with his facial expressions, to the extent that I could never get behind him as a babyface because one annoying expression would ruin it.

So I am with you partly. He was obviously an incredible wrestler, and he wasn't too bad as a heel, but my gripe, and the thing I just don't get, is how anyone could actually find Shawn Michaels a likeable babyface. Indeed, I don't know how anyone could like him full stop, as I think he is clearly an annoying little attention seeker.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

Here's one then....

Undertaker.

What makes people love him? Is it because they like to support a winner? Is it because he was around when you first got into wrestling so he's a link to your past? Is it because of the ring entrance and the dark, lone wolf persona?

And do Undertaker fans enjoy it when he emasculates and squashes a hot up-and-comer and totally destroys their momentum and potential?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

Davies, can I ask you regarding the use of alcohol in a match, surely insurance wise that's now a no no for wrestlers pre match.

Undertaker wise, yes for me it's due to him being THE guy who really kick started my interest in wrestling. I enjoy his Mania match each year but thats about it nowadays, the rest of the year he bores me senseless.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

Disagree with you big time about Michaels crips.

Very likeable as a face chasing the boyhood dream at Mania 12. Likeable as a face doing the comedy skits in the original DX. Likeable as a face in his fued with Hunter in 2002, Jericho in 2008 and Flair at Mania 24. I like his personality traits and feel he can play different roles as a face. Ok so he might have been a goof with DX in their final run but i wouldnt judge him purely on that. His emotion and passion as a face since day one is very likeable and is a massive part why he was so succesful, its not just his in ring ability, its his likeability.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:43 am

I thought Shawn Michaels was a superb face after he returned in 02, I liked his character when he turned face in 95, I was bursting for him to be a good guy again, it went a bit flat after the 96 Rumble though, he had the crowd in the palm of his hands and if he won the World Title anytime in the last 5 year the roof would have came off

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:44 am

I thought Shawn Michaels was a superb face after he returned in 02, I liked his character when he turned face in 95, I was bursting for him to be a good guy again, it went a bit flat after the 96 Rumble though, he had the crowd in the palm of his hands and if he won the World Title anytime in the last 5 year the roof would have came off

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:45 am

Mr H wrote:Disagree with you big time about Michaels crips.

Very likeable as a face chasing the boyhood dream at Mania 12. Likeable as a face doing the comedy skits in the original DX. Likeable as a face in his fued with Hunter in 2002, Jericho in 2008 and Flair at Mania 24. I like his personality traits and feel he can play different roles as a face. Ok so he might have been a goof with DX in their final run but i wouldnt judge him purely on that. His emotion and passion as a face since day one is very likeable and is a massive part why he was so succesful, its not just his in ring ability, its his likeability.

Now that's new - Mr H disagree with Cripple Laugh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

Angle hasn't done anything for me since his feud with Desmond Wolfe.
I had him right up there with HBK for career greatness but he's starting to slide.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:59 pm

I think that is more to do with TNA though Hero. I mean a 6 month (or however long it was) feud with Jarrett was hardly going to be brilliant! I would say that his feud with Anderson was good as well, but since then he has had little to sink his teeth into.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

I thought his feud with Mr Anderson was feud of the year in 2010

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm

Was never a fan of HBK when I was younger. He was almost everything I didn't like in a person, conceited, brash and slimey. Then when I started to get an interest in more than the end product in the wrestling world, I began to hate the man the more I'd read about him. He seemed to be every bit the bumhole that his character was.

Even when he found God and was a supposedly a changed man, I was still pretty wary, although I think his work post 2002 has somewhat won me over.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next