The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre Q&A

+7
kwinigolfer
Derbyblue
dancingweeman
GB1919
CFCNick
Scottrf
Pr4wn
11 posters

Go down

Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre Q&A Empty Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre Q&A

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 am

We are pleased to announce that following on from some of the other Q&A's arranged, we have received the answers from Corey McIntyre of the Bills.

Corey McIntyre is plays as a fullback for the Buffalo Bills in the National Football League. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2002 having played college football at West Virginia.

Here is one of Coreys more infamous tackles for you all to enjoy:

Spoiler:

McIntyre has also played for the Cleveland Browns, New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons in his time in the NFL. All at 606v2 would like to thank Corey for taking the time to answer the questions you posed to him - here are his full answers:

I just want to thank you for this opportunity. I enjoyed answering you guys questions. Sorry it took as long as it did, I have been very busy. If you guys need anything in the future don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Corey

1. How have your workouts been going? Have you been working out on your own or been meeting up with some other players?

The have been going great. I have been training very hard with a few other players from different teams. We have been busting our tails five days a week every week.

2. What are your plans for the forthcoming season if the Lockout isn't broken?

Well regardless of the outcome, I have to stay focused, keep training, and stay ready at all times.

3. Are you worried about a backlash against the players over the Lockout? (The majority of polled fans in the NHL lockout season blamed the players)

I don't think they will be any type of backlash against the players. I think that we will be welcomed back with open arms. I think just like the players everyone is ready to see us back on the field.

4. Do you see the role of the fullback diminishing in the modern game? The focus now seems to be on 5-wide sets instead of I-formation.

The Fullback position will never diminish. Even though some teams are going away from using us we are still as important as we always have been. The position will always be there because Fullbacks are key to executing a lot of plays.

5. Do you believe the NFL needs a developmental league such as NFL Europe?

I think it would provide a great opportunity to rookies. I am thankful that I had the chance to participate in such a program. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for NFL Europe. I was able to learn how to slow down and focus and learn certain things to make it in the NFL as long as I have.

6. What do you think of the International Series game? Do you share Urlacher's view of it being "dumb"? Or would you look forward to coming over and playing in one of the World's most iconic stadiums?

I definitely don't think it's "dumb". Many players have never been outside of the country and not only would it give them a chance to play in a such stadiums it will also give them a chance to learn about other cultures and meet different people. As a result of all of that it will make them a better person.

7. During the off season we see a lot of NFL players holding football camps for kids to learn some of the skills they've picked up in the NFL, do you think in the future these camps could ever be held outside of North America?

I have participated in a lot of camps myself. The feeling of being a kids role model and teaching them something that they love is unexplainable. Holding one of these camps outside North America would be incredible. I would love to get with a group of guys to partake in something like that. If you know anyone let me know.

8. Who do you think will be next season's MVP and DPOtY?

I really couldn't answer that now it's definitely too early to say.

9. As a fullback how do you go about developing your skill set as the game and your position evolves?

As the game evolves I have to evolve as well. I just stay focused and pay attention to other players that I am up against. The main thing for my position is to always stay positioned lower than the next guy.

10. Who would you say is the toughest linebacker to block?

Wow, that's a good question. There are so many good ones out there that I couldn't pick just one. They are all unique in their own way. Which for me is a good thing because it helps me to stay on my toes and to continue to learn.

11. If you could block for any running back in history who would it be?

I would have loved to block for one of the greatest iconic figures, Jim Brown.

12. Who would you say your greatest roles models were growing up?

My mother is my greatest role model. She was a single mother and aside from all her daily struggles she was able to raise me and my brothers to be great men. She taught me how to always be positive in any outcome and that anything is possible. She taught me a lot of values and has help mold me into the person I am today.

13. Who would you say is the best fullback ever? Gotta be A-Train, right?

Lorenzo Oneal

14. Which team were you a fan of growing up?

San Diego Chargers

15. Can you describe a typical day for a NFL player?

Everyday is pretty much the same during the season. You're up early in the morning. You start with meetings, practice, meetings, work-outs, and then you go home get some rest and do it all over again.

16. What are the best and worse things about being an NFL player?

The best thing about being in the NFL is that you are able to play one of the best games in America. Hearing the crowd roar every time you walk out onto the field every Sunday, being able to live your dream and someone else's, and be some one's role model is unbelievable. The worse thing I would say is, by being in the public eye everything you do is magnified times ten. When you make bad decisions or are accused of things you can end up hurting your family or even disgracing your team.

17. You were a UFA - which team would you have liked to go to if you had been drafted?

Philedelphia Eagles

18. Other than Chan, which coach in the NFL would you really like to play under?

Tony Dungy because he is a very humble and respectful man.

19. You have played for a number of teams, and therefore worked with quite a few different coaches, which of these coaches would you consider to be the best?

I would say that they are all great coaches. I was able to learn things from them all that I took with me that made me into a great player. If i had to choose, Mike Smith from my time with the Atlanta Falcons.

20. Which position has been your favourite to play in defensive end, linebacker or fullback?

Linebacker, because there is no greater feeling than being able to just run and hit someone. What a rush!

21. Who out of the players you have played with is the best at the motivational pregame talk?

Joe Horn because everything that he says is motivating.

22. Other than the Bills, which other teams do you believe are sleepers for this year's Superbowl title?

Houston Texans

23. If you could have played in any era/team what would it be?

The 90's with the Dallas Cowboy's. During that time they were America's football team.

24. If you could play for just one more team before you retire who would you want it to be?

Miami Dolphins

25. If you weren't able to play American Football professionally, what would you be doing?

I would still be playing professionally. Baseball is my second love.

Random Questions

26. Do you have any plans to visit the UK in the future? I'm sure we could recommend a few good bars...

Yes, definitely! I will be coming soon.

27. Boxers or briefs?

Boxers

28. What's your favourite film?

Scarface

29. What hobbies do you have?

Bowling, ATV riding, racing

30. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?

Cleaning up all together, but someone has to do it!

31. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?

I would love to have been there on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial for those 17 minutes of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech. If I could have been a witness of something so magical that changed the world would have been awesome.

32. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?

Wolverine because you can hurt him, but he always heals fast. He's much like myself.

33. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet and why?

I would love to have met a man as powerful as Martin Luther King, Jr. He paved the way for a lot of African Americans to be able to be who they want to be. I wouldn't have any of the opportunities I have today without him.

Our thanks go out to Corey for taking the time to answer our questions and also to Derbyblue who handled this Q&A with him.

We're working on getting more sessions!

If you are not a member but would like to leave a comment, then please do so here - Register

Last edited by Pr4wn on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre Q&A Empty Re: Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre Q&A

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 am

Pr4wn wrote:I just want to thank you for this opportunity. I enjoyed answering you guys questions. Sorry it took as long as it did, I have been very busy. If you guys need anything in the future don't hesitate to ask.
Wouldn't mind a signed helmet and jersey.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre Q&A Empty Re: Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre Q&A

Post by CFCNick Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 am

Haha. I wasn't being serious when I said boxers or briefs. Glad my other question was used as well.

Thanks to the guys who arranged this and obviously thanks to Corey.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 am

Great interview, well done guys and thanks to Corey.

Nice to see see honest and open answers from him (naming teams and players), comes across very well.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:19 am

Some pretty good answers in there, Lorenzo was probably the best FB, I was just being a typical Alstott-loving Bucs fan!

Players also have to be quite guarded about what they say during a lockout.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:24 am

GB - I was pleased to see him actually give some names rather than sitting on the fence with every answer.

Was an interesting read - thanks Pr4wn and Derby, bring on the next one.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:Haha. I wasn't being serious when I said boxers or briefs. Glad my other question was used as well.
I decided to ask him all the questions that had been put forward, that's why it's under "Random Questions".

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:51 pm

There's a pretty sordid reference about Corey McIntyre on wikipedia; I won't characterise it, you can see for yourself.
This is the second recent Q&A which has focussed on an NFL player with a dubious behaviour record.
Not much of a way to set an example, unless of course one of the questions is about the incident(s) the player was arrested for.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 pm

With regard to the allegations, nothing at all was proven and he mentions in the Q&A:

"The worse thing I would say is, by being in the public eye everything you do is magnified times ten. When you make bad decisions or are accused of things you can end up hurting your family or even disgracing your team."

I think that this is a humble and dignified answer about a subject that must be very sensitive for him.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:10 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:There's a pretty sordid reference about Corey McIntyre on wikipedia; I won't characterise it, you can see for yourself.
This is the second recent Q&A which has focussed on an NFL player with a dubious behaviour record.
Not much of a way to set an example, unless of course one of the questions is about the incident(s) the player was arrested for.
Can I retract my earlier request. I certainly don't want to see his helmet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Fair enough Pr4. Heavily disguised though - almost looks like a tacit admission!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:13 pm

He could be talking about something completely different. All I know is that this guy has given up his time not only to answer our questions, but also to teach kids how to play football in the US all for nothing.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:26 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:There's a pretty sordid reference about Corey McIntyre on wikipedia; I won't characterise it, you can see for yourself.
I assume you will be setting up the next Q&A for us then, and making sure everyone you talk to on twitter has a completely clean record?

Also you could have put forward a question about such incidents, but we as fans of the NFL would much rather ask questions about the NFL, also if we were to ask such questions there could be a chance they either ignore the question or the whole Q&A.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Db,
Fair comment.
And I contributed to the only Q&A that I was aware of before it was posted.

I am well aware of the amount of work that goes in to running this site; having said all that, my comments still stand.

There are plenty of fantastic role models out there, even in the NFL.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 pm

And I feel that just because a guy has been falsely accused of something, doesn't mean that he isn't a role model. He's out there helping in his community at a time when many other NFL players are getting arrested and busted for DUI.

I think that a guy who comes through adversity like that and is still a respected pro deserves to be regarded as a role model.

Nobody is perfect.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:28 pm

If you wish to discuss perameters surrounding the Q&A sessions with sportsmen further, please drop me a PM.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Why don't we ask Tiger Woods for a Q and A? That could get interesting! Laugh

Good job lads! Thanks to Pr4wn and Derby OK

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
5. Do you believe the NFL needs a developmental league such as NFL Europe?

I think it would provide a great opportunity to rookies. I am thankful that I had the chance to participate in such a program. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for NFL Europe. I was able to learn how to slow down and focus and learn certain things to make it in the NFL as long as I have.

Possibly my new claim to fame - question answered by NFL player :p

Also love the way that having gone un-drafted his choice if drafted would have been Philly... ironic

Anyways, great work Derby and Pr4wn generally - good set of answers and I feel the emailling system definitely helps get better answers than available on Twitter.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Very Nice Pr4wn - Great for the minority of posters,

BUT WHEN is some one - ANYONE - going to bother
to get an exclusive interview with a Top Tennis Player?

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 pm

There is an Andy Murray one on the way,but he wouldn't count would he? Run

There is no Tennis Q and A on the way. Ask the tennis Mod if you're interested. Are there many tennis stars on twitter?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:04 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:Possibly my new claim to fame - question answered by NFL player :p

Also love the way that having gone un-drafted his choice if drafted would have been Philly... ironic

Anyways, great work Derby and Pr4wn generally - good set of answers and I feel the emailling system definitely helps get better answers than available on Twitter.
My claim to fame might have to be having an NFL player's email address Smile

He originally said Orlando, by which he meant a USFL team.

I'll try to get them all done by email in future, but I'm happy for them to be carried out in whichever method they would prefer.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:22 am

yummymummy wrote:Very Nice Pr4wn - Great for the minority of posters,

Why don't you bother to get an exclusive interview with a "top tennis player"? But yes it was very nice of Pr4wn, to copy and paste answers from a PM and write up a little intro.

Last edited by Derbyblue on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:10 am

I claimed nothing from it! Smile

Seriously, though, cracking job by Derby to secure this for us.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:31 am

Pr4wn wrote:I claimed nothing from it! Smile

Haha you best say that Wink.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:48 am

Derbyblue wrote:

I will back up what Pr4wn said - I wrote the intro!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:28 am

Its not as easy as that Yummy. Firstly they have to agree to do one. And so far they have not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:34 am

Y I Man wrote:

Its not as easy as that Yummy. Firstly they have to agree to do one. And so far they have not.

Obviously YI has forgotten about the meetings we have lined up with Rafa, Djoko and Fred Perry next week. We had to bump Roger Federer though as Jeremy Bates could only make Tuesday 3pm.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Hobo wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:

I will back up what Pr4wn said - I wrote the intro!
Well then good job Hobo, it's a very good intro Smile.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down